Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Josh Courtway "BOTIH8R" Ripped Me Off... Help? (Page 1)

Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Josh Courtway "BOTIH8R" Ripped Me Off... Help?
dawssvt
¯
Member # 8099

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for dawssvt  Ford pictures for dawssvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not an active member on this site, but I was referred to it after a man from California ripped me off on SVTPerformance.com - another Mustang board. I am a very active member on SVTPerformance with right around 1,000 posts and (33) trader feedback.

On September 25th, I send $566 to Josh Courtway ("64VALVES" on SVTPerformance) for these stock 03-04 Cobra parts parts he was selling... Eaton with pulley, throttle body and plenum, injectors, mass air flow sensors, and heat exchanger. He and I exchanged several Private Messages in which we came up with an agreement on how much he would sell me the parts for.

After I paid him, he sent me a private message saying that he would ship out the parts by Friday, that would be 09-28-07. On 10-02-07 he sent me another message saying that he had been super busy and the parts would be shipped tomorrow or the next day. This was the last time I have heard from him. I have sent him 6-7 messages asking if the parts had been shipped. He didn't respond to any of them. On 10-12-07 I filed a complaint with Paypal telling them that I thought he was ripping me off. Paypal didn't find that there was enough evidence to start a case against him, so they closed the dispute immediately. I have not heard from him since any of this happened.

If any of you guys know Josh or have any other ideas on how I can get my money back, I would appreciate it. He posts quite a bit on here, so I thought someone may know him. Here is the info I have on him...

Josh Courtway

Paypal ID: lcourtway@comcast.net (registered under Lauren Courtway, his wife maybe?)

Here's his myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=93735196

Link to his For Sale thread on SVTPerformance...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=420952

[ December 19, 2007, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: dawssvt ]

Posts: 14 | From: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

+1

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear you got ripped off, but I don't believe its necessary to post peoples phone number and address. Hopefully all works out for you and things get worked out between the two of you.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ December 19, 2007, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sucks! Myspace link doesn't work by the way.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

dawssvt
¯
Member # 8099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dawssvt  Ford pictures for dawssvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
That sucks! Myspace link doesn't work by the way.

Fixed. Thanks, man.
Posts: 14 | From: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: Dec 2007  |  :
Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 89FoxLX:
Sorry to hear you got ripped off, but I don't believe its necessary to post peoples phone number and address. Hopefully all works out for you and things get worked out between the two of you.

why not? he is ripping people off?

On another not can't you compile all this info fom the various websites and copies of pm's and e-mail and turn them in to paypal? Is it past the time allowed for a dispute? I would be on them everyday.

[ December 19, 2007, 04:46 AM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
quote:

why not? he is ripping people off?

On another not can't you compile all this info fom the various websites and copies of pm's and e-mail and turn them in to paypal? Is it past the time allowed for a dispute? I would be on them everyday.

What good do they do? You already got his name, paypal account, possible email, log in names, and I'm sure his myspace has a picture or him and probably his car. His address and phone# have nothing to do with a sale, unless you plan on mailing him cash or a check, and you're asking to get screwed if you do that. Just my opinion. Maybe I'll send him and his family a christmas card!
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man sorry to hear about that shit. if uhavent received your item yet,u should be able to dispute it w/ paypal. now if u had received the item in poor condition then u would have a difficult case to open a dispute against the seller.

this punk had scammed another board member on here weeks ago and still has the nerve to continue to post as if nothing happened. folks, i dont know y u would try to defend one who has repeatedly scammed ppl on more than one board.
one time is enough to say fuck it and take this to the local police to go after his ass...looks like u have all the info u need. i still cant believe how blatant this guy has gone off scamming ppl leaving his info out there just begging to get busted.

[ December 19, 2007, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I agree also put the piece of shit on the rack and crusify him. He deserves jail time for being a comman theif.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do a paypal dispute. They will snatch the funds instantly. Then do a investigation then if he wins he gets funds back. But I believe you get them back instantly.

Josh, hopefully you get this together man. You seem to have formed a pattern of doing this. Some people take their money very seriously. You could get hurt doing this type of stuff to people. Hope you resolve this. I to agree his address and number should not have been put in this thread.

[ December 19, 2007, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck this guy and FUCK EVERYONE WHO BITCHED WHEN I SAID HIS $30 DOLLAR DEAL WAS BULLSHIT/A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Hey DawsSVT, i told u that all the "BOTI HATERS" would be chiming in...& HIDNN.O.S, although Josh is my freind, Im not sticking up for Josh this time, but u might wanna chill out with the "FUCK EVERYONE", u might say that to the wrong person....

[ December 19, 2007, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: EPIKMACH ]

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Do a paypal dispute. They will snatch the funds instantly. Then do a investigation then if he wins he gets funds back. But I believe you get them back instantly.

Josh, hopefully you get this together man. You seem to have formed a pattern of doing this. Some people take their money very seriously. You could get hurt doing this type of stuff to people. Hope you resolve this. I to agree his address and number should not have been put in this thread.

they will return the money as long as the funds are in the paypal account. if not, you're SOL. there are some threads in the mach and svtperformance forum for members who had gotten screwed by this guy and when they disputed, paypal sided w/ the buyer but since no funds were available no money could be returned.

this dude serious gots a problem. friend or not, a scammer is a scammer and he needs to be delt with. epich, understood u know him but dude has been scamming ppl on the boards and u can't deny that. we kinda treat this site as a family(well kinda) and when we see this type of shit, it gets ppl irate.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
aahh..ok I didnt know that about paypal. Well one thing you can bet on is that doing this Josh will get got at faster than karma can catch up to him. 500 bucks is a lot of money. I have seen folks get ignorant over 50.00 but 500.00 I know some cats that will head bust for that. He may run into one of those guys eventually. I am now a firm believer that this guy is a thief. Not that he should care what I think, I just know I wont do business with him. But I hope he makes right with some of these issues for his sake.
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember I was going to have him do a side job on my car. Hopefully you get your money back from paypal !

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No matter what, this kind of shit wont go away. Between the law and crazy ass people out there its not worth trying to get over on anyone. I've seen people get serious payback for the something little...... this could get really ugly. [Frown]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EPIKMACH:
Hey DawsSVT, i told u that all the "BOTI HATERS" would be chiming in...& HIDNN.O.S, although Josh is my freind, Im not sticking up for Josh this time, but u might wanna chill out with the "FUCK EVERYONE", u might say that to the wrong person....

You're buddy is a real good guy. Says a lot when you stand by as his friend in all these posts.

I stand by me previous post.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wrote hella shit...but deteled it. Basically that sucks and hopfully something will be done soon!
Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sucks to hear this.. I kind of had an idea he was like this. I was trying to get some gears off him and we'd talk, but he'd never return my calls. I finally gave up. I was never out any money, but I could have been had I paid up front.

Now I'm always weary about buying parts unless it's from eBay or something

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] wow.this guy got his stuff almost 3 months ago and now hes gonna come here and say this.if you were unhappy with your purchase than call me.you do have my #.you havent called me one time.you have my email but havent emailed me either.if you have a problem about something take it up with me.i dont know what the hell you have going on but its not gonna work bro.theres a reason paypal denied your claim.you wait till months after you get the merch and then file a dispute.youre the one thats up to something bud.why dont you call me next time or shoot me an email

if you want your money send my parts back

[ December 19, 2007, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: BOTIH8R*pbr* ]

Posts: 1143 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2006  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOTIH8R  Ford pictures for BOTIH8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and dave.inever called you back because scott came and paid for the gears.i told you on the phone they were sold but not paid for and i would call you if scott doesnt come pay me.
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Mad] [Eek!] what do you have to say for yourself josh???

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
BOTIH8R
¯
Member # 7295

so i guess this guy is in the buisness of claiming he gets ripped off on blower purchases.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442761

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com