Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » deal with 1320master (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: deal with 1320master
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A couple weeks ago I picked up a 351 engine that was posted here as a roller motor. I got the motor to my shop and a couple days later my friend started pulling it apart for me. He called me at work and told me it didnt have a roller cam. I called Mark, told him what I was told about the motor and the I would check myself to make sure it wasnt a roller block. I inspected it and found its in fact not a roller cam motor as it was being sold as. I made 3 calls to him and left 3 messages, got no calls back. I asked a mutual friend to contact him and have him call me, he never did. I sent him a PM here and got one back saying "Sorry that it wasn't a roller block what do you want me to do its still a good engine you can still put a retro roller kit in it.". I returned the PM saying that it would cost me too much to convert it and never got a response. I know its a 351 but its not what was posted and I'm not going to put a flat tappet motor in my truck or spend a ton of money to convert it by buying special lifters or cam. I could have gotten a non roller motor months ago and cheaper but I passed to get a roller block. I didnt buy this motor to spend the time to try and resell it to hopefully make most of the money back, thats just bullshit. Sorry for the long post but I feel people should know about the bad deals that happen as well as the good ones.

Here is a link to the original post, the title and description was deleted after the contact about the engine not being what was posted. web page

[ August 29, 2007, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck , hope everything works out and he responds

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I waited a week since my last message was read to hear back but nothing. There are a few people on here that I feel I can trust buying from and thought he was one of them..... just sucks to find out like this that he's not.

--------------------

Abandon him.

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
um...he should prolly make it right. thats some shady shit.....

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you dont deserve that shit bro, we have met up plenty of times with good deals and your a good guy, he needs to make that shit right for you.
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn that's really messed up. glad all the business ive done with people on this site has gone well.

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that does'nt sound rite [Confused] . You deserve a refund!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. I'm sure quite a few people have had good deals with Mark and thats great, I didnt. I really dont think he intentionally sold me the motor knowing it wasnt a roller, I just think after posting it as one he should at least try and make it right. I always try to be fair and understanding with people because my reputation is on the line. If I sold something and it turned out to not be what I said it was I would make it right, no ifs ands or buts about it.

--------------------

Abandon him.

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is bullshit. He should come to you, pick up the motor and give you a full refund. If he does anything less HE SHOULD BE IP BANNED IMMEDIATELY.

Mods, no thoughts on this with the evidence we have?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most people know I am very good friends with asskickn. I also have had many good dealings with 1320master. That is one reason why Jeff jumped at buying this motor. It was from a guy I had very good dealings with and had future dealings planned. This situation blew me away. I kept telling Jeff he would take care of it. He waited days back for a phone call and then basically has been told to deal with it. I am glad he finally posted this up. He gave more than enough time to hear back and set something up. Jeff is very fair and would have worked with him on this in the beginning. Now he is just stuck with a motor we could of got at pick n pull.

[ August 28, 2007, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

I'm not asking to have him banned, at this point I dont expect him to do anything about this situation either. I just want to warn people to check out your parts carefully before picking them up, the person might not really know what they are selling is what they say it is. This is the first time I've had to call someone out on a shitty deal and hopefully the last. Anyone out there that I have sold parts to or helped out know that I go above and beyond to be fair.

[ August 28, 2007, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn another bad deal, that sucks man. its not cheap converting those things to rollers either, ive been there and done that

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Bizob
¯
Member # 3768

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bizob  Ford pictures for Bizob  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude thats not right. I hope this all gets sorted out and you get your money back. Him telling you to just "deal with it" is complete BS.

--------------------
01 GT K&N FIPK Mac Prochamber Magnapack Cat-Back Steeda Tri-Ax Eibachs

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks !!!! I bought my 93 cobra from asskickn and he went above and beyond to help me out with little problems here and there. Hopefully 1320 will fix this.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell nah I always thought u were an ass everytime i meet up with u u just tried to screw me...You got what u deserved .... LOL sounded good didnt it. hope it all works out for ya JEFF [patriot]

[ August 29, 2007, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: BlowN67 ]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another reason why this site needs a caution forum so we can help each other out... this kind of stuff is gettin a little more frequent. sorry to hear about your situation.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn that hella sucks you are a good dude and came through big time when i sold u the stang and were honest and did everythign u said u would plus more i really hope dude finds a way to make this right no need to make things bad w people theres enough shady people on this site.. i hope it works out good luck w everything [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so where is this 1320master? i guess his silence says a lot.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

It does suck when this happens, I'm sure all the other people that wanted this motor are happy they didnt end up with it after all. I have had this happen to me in the past where I wanted something and someone else got it but then found out it was a shit deal. I do agree that we should have a feeback rating system here but in my case I dont think it would have helped, I cant think of anyone having a problem with him in the past. There are a people on here that I still trust without question though.

--------------------

Abandon him.

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 29, 2007, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

[ August 29, 2007, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 29, 2007, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Dag302 ]

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 29, 2007, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
asskickn88 check you pms

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
For 20.00 i wasnt going to say any thing. here is my # if you want 916-289-7340. Call if you like. Mark has been on here a long time. Do a search I think this is the first time ANYONE has had a problem.

If there is a problem with anything I sell, be it $1 or a $10,000 item I'll take care of it. I try to be 100% fair with everyone. I understand that no one has had a problem with him in the past and he just PM'ed me to take care of the problem. Anyone should be able to tell from my original post that I wasnt trying to start a bunch of shit with this, just needed to vent about the situation and let people know what happened.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com