Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Warning to Sac and Roseville folks (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Warning to Sac and Roseville folks
Juiced-03
¯
Member # 2245

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Juiced-03  Ford pictures for Juiced-03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
This shit is old in sac they have always been looking for modded cars but no matter what, people are going to mod their cars and race. Tickets are just tickets, you pay the fine and thats it...........

haha I remember you would get screwed by the cops every weekend Navid. I remember you flirting with a female officer in the mcdonalds parking lot one night trying to get out of an exhaust ticket...I think it might have worked lol

--------------------
Just your typical modded '03 Cobra

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya my big issue is the 'i pulled you over because of your loud exhaust, i have suspect that you may have illegal mods under your hood, do you mind if i take a look' that makes it seem like he has probable cause and tricks you into opening the hood. but unless he states that he is performing a 'safety inspection' then he can't pop your hood. cat back exhausts are 100% legal if they stay under the sound level check performed by a state smog ref. so if you get pulled over and they cop says i pulled you over for your exhaust, makes it seem like he has probable cause to look under your hood without stating that he is performing a 'safty inspection' then you don't have to pop the hood.

--------------------
1969 mustang coupe - the project
1996 mystic cobra - 13.64@105 - sold :(
2007 yaris - daily driver

Posts: 737 | From: holiday in rancho cambodia | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FivePointSlow:
Who told you it was illegal? re-locating the air filter is not a smog issue IIRC

the fact i can't get a carb number for it makes it illegal.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ June 27, 2006, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

FivePointSlow
¯
Member # 4565

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FivePointSlow  Ford pictures for FivePointSlow    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:
Originally posted by FivePointSlow:
Who told you it was illegal? re-locating the air filter is not a smog issue IIRC

the fact i can't get a carb number for it makes it illegal.
Wrong

--------------------
86 T-Type
91 GT
02 LS430

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eljefe  Ford pictures for eljefe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fivepointslow can you explain why it isnt illegal?

--------------------

Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:
ya my big issue is the 'i pulled you over because of your loud exhaust, i have suspect that you may have illegal mods under your hood, do you mind if i take a look' that makes it seem like he has probable cause and tricks you into opening the hood. but unless he states that he is performing a 'safety inspection' then he can't pop your hood. cat back exhausts are 100% legal if they stay under the sound level check performed by a state smog ref. so if you get pulled over and they cop says i pulled you over for your exhaust, makes it seem like he has probable cause to look under your hood without stating that he is performing a 'safty inspection' then you don't have to pop the hood.

Haha..thats funny you quote the officer like that. Thats how most of the "nicer" cops get you to pop their hood. Its kind of like a cheesy pickup line. All you have to do is decline the inspection, POLITELY, and ask, "Sir, what does my exhaust note have to do with illegal modifications under the hood?" Make sure you get everything on tape. If he pushes further to get you to pop the hood, ask for the superior.

But definately a little scam to get you to pop the hood. Once he asks and you oblige, you just waived the probable cause.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tha91SiCkNeSs:
quote:
Originally posted by eljefe:

Haha..thats funny you quote the officer like that. Thats how most of the "nicer" cops get you to pop their hood. Its kind of like a cheesy pickup line. All you have to do is decline the inspection, POLITELY, and ask, "Sir, what does my exhaust note have to do with illegal modifications under the hood?" Make sure you get everything on tape. If he pushes further to get you to pop the hood, ask for the superior.

But definately a little scam to get you to pop the hood. Once he asks and you oblige, you just waived the probable cause.

That makes sense.. A CHP pulled me over for no front plate/bald DR's and was lookin at my car and told me he didn't want to ruin my shiney paint, so he'll let me go ahead and pop the hood. He never said a word about exhaust, modifications, or anything he just said that line. I agreed ... my motor looks stock >=]

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Having a tape recorder, video camera, etc is NOT going to prevent you being sent to a smog ref if a cop suspects you have illegal modifications. Even if you have ALL your CARB numbers in hand, a police officer can still send you to a referee. You'll say "but my car is 100% legal" Then the cop will say "then you'll have no problem passing" There is no hearing, there is no court date where you can plead your case. If you are given a citation, only then do you have recourse

Having a loud exhuast (even if it's stock) is probable cause to make you pop your hood. It sucks, but it's true. San Mateo County is doing roadside checkpoints now for this very purpose. Do you think they are pulling over minivans? nope Is it random? nope They are targeting cars with aftermarket parts such as body kits, wheels or loud exhaust. Personally, I feel this is a rights violation, but as long as people are street racing, public opinion will NOT be on your side.

Larry Elison, who is the freakin' richest man in the bay area, got busted for illegal modifications on his car. If his lawyers couldn't get him out of it...

ps. 9 out of 10 smog techs will fail a BBK CAI. Wether it's legal or not, that's just how it is

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are not required carb e.o. numbers on anything from the TB forward anymore. It USED to be rquired to have carb e.o. numbers on cai's. That law was changed.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
Having a tape recorder, video camera, etc is NOT going to prevent you being sent to a smog ref if a cop suspects you have illegal modifications. Even if you have ALL your CARB numbers in hand, a police officer can still send you to a referee. You'll say "but my car is 100% legal" Then the cop will say "then you'll have no problem passing" There is no hearing, there is no court date where you can plead your case. If you are given a citation, only then do you have recourse

Having a loud exhuast (even if it's stock) is probable cause to make you pop your hood. It sucks, but it's true. San Mateo County is doing roadside checkpoints now for this very purpose. Do you think they are pulling over minivans? nope Is it random? nope They are targeting cars with aftermarket parts such as body kits, wheels or loud exhaust. Personally, I feel this is a rights violation, but as long as people are street racing, public opinion will NOT be on your side.

Larry Elison, who is the freakin' richest man in the bay area, got busted for illegal modifications on his car. If his lawyers couldn't get him out of it...

ps. 9 out of 10 smog techs will fail a BBK CAI. Wether it's legal or not, that's just how it is

He can definately send you to a referee, but not without checking under the hood. The key is probable cause and the act of profiling.

1st thing, Larry Elison, if this was in fact true, we don't know the details of it. He could have in fact got busted for illegal mods, but if he agreed to have his vehicle searched, then that eliminates it right there. Can't get it thrown out because once again, the legal issue begins to form around probable cause and profiling.

Like I said before, maybe I was a little misleading in my point, but an officer can pull you over for anything. He can claim in fact that the stickers on your window are probable cause. He has any right to ask you about your vehicle. As a driver in CA, you WAIVE certain rights that pertain to you as an individual. Driving is a privledge. However, illegal search and seizure is NOT one of them.

The key is that everything he does in that stop has to hold in the courtroom. When the attorney displays factors of the traffic stop that attribute to a profiled stop, it gets thrown out.

For instance, Officer pulls you over and claims to do a "Safety Inspection."
Court proceeding would look like this:

"How many safety inspections has this officer done in the past few years?" -I can guarentee he hasn't done ANY, its the guys that drive the dodge ram CHP cars or the guys at the truck scales doing inspections.
"What time did you do this inspection? 12 AM?" "This inspection was done on a 2003 Cobra with 15000 miles? What appeared to be visibly non-safe about the vehicle? How can the exhaust note deem this vehicle non-safe?"
-The legal points form here.

ONCE AGAIN, this is why you carry a tape recorder do note all of these things!!

Before Citrus Heights became incorporated, the worst police force was folsom. Complete dicks hassling kids all the time. This statement is 100% factual, not opinionated. I know most of you think Roseville is bad, but when you get on the inside, perspective changes understanding.

Citrus Heights is the WORST. They will respond to a street racing incident before a robbery. I understand, C.H. has Sunrise Blvd that is a harbour for all of this, but they tend to lose focus. Kids need to stand for their rights if they are in a position to do so. You do not need to be hassled if you haven't done anything wrong.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

He can definately send you to a referee, but not without checking under the hood. The key is probable cause and the act of profiling.

1st thing, Larry Elison, if this was in fact true, we don't know the details of it. He could have in fact got busted for illegal mods, but if he agreed to have his vehicle searched, then that eliminates it right there. Can't get it thrown out because once again, the legal issue begins to form around probable cause and profiling.

Like I said before, maybe I was a little misleading in my point, but an officer can pull you over for anything. He can claim in fact that the stickers on your window are probable cause. He has any right to ask you about your vehicle. As a driver in CA, you WAIVE certain rights that pertain to you as an individual. Driving is a privledge. However, illegal search and seizure is NOT one of them.

The key is that everything he does in that stop has to hold in the courtroom. When the attorney displays factors of the traffic stop that attribute to a profiled stop, it gets thrown out.

For instance, Officer pulls you over and claims to do a "Safety Inspection."
Court proceeding would look like this:

"How many safety inspections has this officer done in the past few years?" -I can guarentee he hasn't done ANY, its the guys that drive the dodge ram CHP cars or the guys at the truck scales doing inspections.
"What time did you do this inspection? 12 AM?" "This inspection was done on a 2003 Cobra with 15000 miles? What appeared to be visibly non-safe about the vehicle? How can the exhaust note deem this vehicle non-safe?"
-The legal points form here.

ONCE AGAIN, this is why you carry a tape recorder do note all of these things!!

Before Citrus Heights became incorporated, the worst police force was folsom. Complete dicks hassling kids all the time. This statement is 100% factual, not opinionated. I know most of you think Roseville is bad, but when you get on the inside, perspective changes understanding.

Citrus Heights is the WORST. They will respond to a street racing incident before a robbery. I understand, C.H. has Sunrise Blvd that is a harbour for all of this, but they tend to lose focus. Kids need to stand for their rights if they are in a position to do so. You do not need to be hassled if you haven't done anything wrong.

I think it was in Fresno that they decided bodykits, fart cans, huge tachs etc. were probable cause to look for illegal engine/exhause mods because of the fact that damn near every car with those body kits etc. have illegal mods. I also remember a police training video from somewhere else explaining what kinds of cars to inspect, how to inspect them etc.

and just monday i noticed CH has put up signs like those in Folsom, the "Traffic laws strictly enforced" ones. Sucks cuz I deliver pizzas in CH. But ok since I drive normally most of the time and a lot of CHPD come eat pizza at my store [Big Grin]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
suprised those pigs arent eating doughnuts [Big Grin] ..lol.
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GOD!

I have never gotten shit for mods but I did get it for no plate lots of times in Rocklin.

Roseville and Citrus Heights left me alone

I put the plate back because there is a guy with my full name, who is 5'11 with black hair and blue eyes, and the SAME BIRTH YEAR! who is on probation in Madea for burglary, so Rocklin guy was all pissed like why didn't you tell me you were on parole? and I was like im not and he was pretty much an ass until another guy got there and was like its the wrong DOB, that sucked!

My buddy works for Roseville and he said that they are looking for imports mostly

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a f**king withchhunt!Our rights are being trampled.Just because we have modded cars doesnt mean we are street racing,nor does it mean we are criminals,were just car guys and girls.This is just like racial profiling,we need to band together and fight back.Lets say a mexican(or whatever,dont be offended,just an example) guy robbed a liquor store.This shit is like the police stopping every mexican dude they see and making him prove he doesnt rob liquor stores.What a bunch of [BS flag] .How are we gonna fight this?
Ive been told we should all write ,email,or call our local congressman.
So come on,lets all do it and try to preserve our rights. [patriot]

[ June 29, 2006, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i pop my hood for no one and there is no cop that can make me and those that know me and cops know that i will not if i was not caught racing you have very little chance of messing with me so i will continue to build stangs with tachs , hoods and every guage you can think of i hate that all this is going on but i will not take the heat for these silly imports your best view if you are a cop will be on your back on the ground looking up into the lower half of my car but not from under the hood the easy way these new stupid laws suck big time [Mad]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heres a link to a local Sacramento congresswomans email,cmon,write her about our plight,but be professional and polite.If were gonna stop this shit were gonna have to do it theyre way.
http://matsui.house.gov/

[ June 29, 2006, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

TTT,keep this one on top.

--------------------

eljefe
¯
Member # 1753

quote:

Having a loud exhuast (even if it's stock) is probable cause to make you pop your hood.

no it's not because it is in no way illegal to have a cat back exhaust that meets the dB limits. so the officers probable cause would be something that is 100% legal, you think thats gonna hold up in court?

quote:

It sucks, but it's true. San Mateo County is doing roadside checkpoints now for this very purpose. Do you think they are pulling over minivans? nope Is it random? nope They are targeting cars with aftermarket parts such as body kits, wheels or loud exhaust. Personally, I feel this is a rights violation, but as long as people are street racing, public opinion will NOT be on your side.

ever heard of profiling? all black people are in gangs, all asians steal, all mexicans are illegals? so all 'modified' cars have illegal mods under the hood. again that won't stand up in court if you don't waive any of your rights during the stop

--------------------

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any law that is in the intrest of "safety" will not be repeled(sp) we have come to take our rights for granted and to just give them away to anybody offering safety.

As Benjamin Franklin said: "Those who are willing to sacrifice freedom for saftey deserve neither freedom nor safety"

[patriot] ol skool 1776 style!

--------------------
'90 GT

Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

[/qb][/QUOTE]I think it was in Fresno that they decided bodykits, fart cans, huge tachs etc. were probable cause to look for illegal engine/exhause mods because of the fact that damn near every car with those body kits etc. have illegal mods. I also remember a police training video from somewhere else explaining what kinds of cars to inspect, how to inspect them etc.

and just monday i noticed CH has put up signs like those in Folsom, the "Traffic laws strictly enforced" ones. Sucks cuz I deliver pizzas in CH. But ok since I drive normally most of the time and a lot of CHPD come eat pizza at my store [Big Grin] [/QB][/QUOTE]

A cop can pull you over for whatever reason he wants to. He can CLAIM body kits, etc. are probable cause.

It still has to hold up in court! Definately NOT going to happen. Most of the reason why they are profiling is to send a message about streetracing. Sending a message is fine, but doing is illegally is not.

Once again, if you haven't done anything wrong, if you don't have a warrant out, or aren't on probabtion, etc. Don't pop your hood!

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
GOD!

I have never gotten shit for mods but I did get it for no plate lots of times in Rocklin.

Roseville and Citrus Heights left me alone

I put the plate back because there is a guy with my full name, who is 5'11 with black hair and blue eyes, and the SAME BIRTH YEAR! who is on probation in Madea for burglary, so Rocklin guy was all pissed like why didn't you tell me you were on parole? and I was like im not and he was pretty much an ass until another guy got there and was like its the wrong DOB, that sucked!

My buddy works for Roseville and he said that they are looking for imports mostly

That does suck. Did the cop apoligize to you once he realized he made a mistake?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Curt
¯
Member # 6254

sorta, he didn't say sorry for the mistake and being an ass but before he thought I was a parolee and then after he found out I was telling the truth he was nice, I was like "dude you hella freaked me out!" and he just said "haha sorry bout that, it happens alot"

--------------------
'90 GT

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

quote:
Originally posted by Curt:
any law that is in the intrest of "safety" will not be repeled(sp) we have come to take our rights for granted and to just give them away to anybody offering safety.

As Benjamin Franklin said: "Those who are willing to sacrifice freedom for saftey deserve neither freedom nor safety"

[patriot] ol skool 1776 style!

[dance] [dance] [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

lostsoul
¯
Member # 5797

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostsoul  Ford pictures for lostsoul    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Once again, if you haven't done anything wrong, if you don't have a warrant out, or aren't on probabtion, etc. Don't pop your hood! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the great info! Its funny how they can focus on good drivers of all types instead of illegas or gangs in the worse neighborehoods. ITs much easier to squeez money from good people then poor people. When the police are more into making money then upholding real laws then they become a business.. not really here to serve and protect anymore.. sad.

I got an exhaust ticket years ago and I did fight it. I had another cop go out to the car and had me rev the sheet out of it.. she laughed at me and said that not bad at all and wrote it off. I had to blow a day of work to go to court.. the first day was were you just say innocent or guilty. and thats it.. if you fight it you have to go to court AGAIN!.. so I go again missing ANOTHER day of work. I have the write off and proof the exhaust was smog leage and noise legal.. All that BS and the prick never showed up!. So of couse I won that case.. but look at the cost.. and can soemone tell me what punishment the cop recieved for doing all this? Not a Fing thing. We need to hold cop's acountable. I have met nice ones, but somethign needs to be done to those that wate our time. They make tickets knowing 80%-90% will not have the time to spend going to court. What can we do to those cops. Can making a formal complain really do anything to them? Why cant that cop lose 2 days of his work since he lost the case?

[ July 05, 2006, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: lostsoul ]

--------------------
slp/ati procharger

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com