Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » an apex customer review (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: an apex customer review
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you guys lick ass.

I rember when i came to pick up my car the first time i had work done. Apex said it was ready to go. I start the 50 to let it warm up and check it out. All i have to say fluid everywhere. A radiator hose was cut and leaking. Good thing caught this before i drove to fremont. Can you say new motor? The worst part was that they didnt even have another hose at the shop. I must of waited at least 2 hours for a 15 min repair.

Then my clutch started making noise less than 500 miles after apex was up in there. Took the 50 back. I get a phone call 2-3 days later from Chris saying its done and ready for pick up. Get a buddy to take time out of his schedule on a Friday to drive me down from Fremont to Santa Clara and guess what the car is NOT put back together and i just wasted more time dealing with apex.

When the car was finaly put back together the cultch noise was fixed. But another problem an exaust leak from the header collecter to the x pipe. Didnt notice this untill i was almost home and by that time the leak was geting louder. I inspect the leaking passanger side header and i notice the flange is bent and the welds were streching and cracking. I called apex back on the following Tuesday and told Mario about the exaust leak. He stated the garage if full and there is not an available lift for it on that day. He promised a call back and i never recived one.
This i when i decided to fix the stuff myself. Eventhough im not an expert mechanic i probably would still do a better job than the clowns at Apex. Do yourselves all a favor and stay away from Apex. Apex dont want to hear bring it back im done with you.
-Will

[ March 30, 2006, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: illwill510 ]

Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow...let the mud start to fly.

I would like to hear the explanation behind this guys complaints. So far it sounds like the ratio of bad to good experiences is like 3 to 1. Which is not very good.

[ March 30, 2006, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My intentions of this post is to share my experence with others. Not to start conflicts.
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
tell me bout it..APEX takes all day for bottle fill...i think thats [BS flag] ..thats why i go to EXTREME PERFORMANCE on alum rock..they only take 10 mins to fill it...its just my experiences, but not good costumer service...

--------------------
DRIVE IT TILL THE FU**IN WHEELS
FALL OFF...

Posts: 723 | From: San Jose, Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA
¯
Member # 5068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA  Ford pictures for ALLEYEZONMYCOBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
My intentions of this post is to share my experence with others. Not to start conflicts.
same with me....

--------------------
DRIVE IT TILL THE FU**IN WHEELS
FALL OFF...

Posts: 723 | From: San Jose, Cali. | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
god the stuff i wanna say but i told 9cobra9 imma keep it cool

but really does it take 100 posts to say bad stuff about them?

illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does 100 post equal 100 bad experences? If it does there is definatly a problem.
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Will I already told you that on the day you came down, I called you IMMEDIATELY back, but your phone was off & you'd already left. I appologized for that that day & would have got my guys to finish the job in less than an hour, but you unfortunately couldn't wait. It's not like I left you high and dry w/ no explinations.

And as far as the hose went, when we saw it leaking we weren't going to let you leave like that. It had a split that was there for sometime, that just happened to burst here. We also didn't charge you for the hose or time to fix that.

When you brought us the car the first time, we told you the clutch had marks and it wasn't the best. This time, we pulled your tranny apart, nothing was wrong with the install. The clutch had marks all over it clearly showing that who ever is driving the car is slipping/riding the clutch. So we put it all back together & you said it felt 100% better and I didn't even charge you a cent for all the labor we'd done.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but you brought us the car to us in October of last year, it's now March & you've changed things on your car since we did the work on it. I'm not here to cause a fight either, I'm just filling in some parts that were left out.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow, funny to see him finally post about the services that were done in October of last year....and this doesnt seem fishy? please.....drama queens....nothing else better to do.

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like they say, "people with shit on their shoes should not walk on white rugs". MachOne351 why would you call them Drama Queens if they are sharing experiences? Apex seems to be the hot topic right now, so why not share? Do you call the people that are praising them "Dick Riders" (or similar) because they are sharing too?. The dude is speakin on something that actually happened to him and you still down the dude. I dont get it.

Note:
Folks with good experiences I am not insinuating anything just pointing out that anyone who reports something bad, is hit with [BS flag] but those same folks arent ripping the people who post about the goods.

Apex
I really hope ya'll turn things around there. Seems like alot of disgruntled folks here, but just as many supporters, good luck ya'll

[ March 30, 2006, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Like they say, "people with shit on their shoes should not walk on white rugs". MachOne351 why would you call them Drama Queens if they are sharing experiences? Apex seems to be the hot topic right now, so why not share? Do you call the people that are praising them "Dick Riders" (or similar) because they are sharing too?. The dude is speakin on something that actually happened to him and you still down the dude. I dont get it.

Note:
Folks with good experiences I am not insinuating anything just pointing out that anyone who reports something bad, is hit with [BS flag] but those same folks arent ripping the people who post about the goods.

Apex
I really hope ya'll turn things around there. Seems like alot of disgruntled folks here, but just as many supporters, good luck ya'll

Um, according to Chris, the work happened in October.... not yesterday.

Doesnt sound like he told the whole story either... but that's speculation.

Let's jump on the bandwagon... [Roll Eyes]

[ March 30, 2006, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

But he is still sharing a opinion of work actually performed. So how am I jumping on the band wagon. I have not said anything bad or negative about Apex at all (other than I wont take my car their based on the customer reviews). In fact I hope they get it all together a get past this (I own a company as well so I feel their pain). All I am saying is people are rippin folks for sharing their negative experience. But aint saying shit when someone praises them. An experience is an experience. Talk shit to anyone with any type of experience if thats the case.
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
funny how we only head most the bad things..i bet there are alot more people tha have been there that can vouch and say therea a good shop..and why dont they post? prb cuz they dnt wanna hear everyones bullshit bout them being good..so if HATERS want to not take there car there..thas fine by me..mine and other will be able to go in and get fixed sooner. [patriot]

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
apex sucks they took like 30 min installing my freakin air/fuel ratio gauge on my car not to mention they took like 40 min on a pulley install for my cobra [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03smknsvt:
apex sucks they took like 30 min installing my freakin air/fuel ratio gauge on my car not to mention they took like 40 min on a pulley install for my cobra [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

[Eek!] Hater. [Razz]

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:

Note:

Apex

Um, according to Chris, the work happened in October.... not yesterday.

Doesnt sound like he told the whole story either... but that's speculation.

Let's jump on the bandwagon... [Roll Eyes]

exactly [patriot]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:
quote:
Originally posted by 03smknsvt:

[Eek!] Hater. [Razz]
all the times i have been to apex i never had a bad experience with them. they do pretty god job. not as cheap as some of you would like it to be but hey you get what you pay for.

--------------------
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

[patriot]

[ March 30, 2006, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: 03smknsvt ]

--------------------
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by illwill510:

Uh...."you guys lick ass"....no startin' a conflict there?

...another worhtless thread [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:

WERD!!!

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
those that have all good trips to apex need to step up and let it be known caus e the bad far outweight the good right now i'm not on any side jsut reading these post and thats what it seems to be all those that went to apex and felt they had a good experience step up and defend them

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
those that have all good trips to apex need to step up and let it be known caus e the bad far outweight the good right now i'm not on any side jsut reading these post and thats what it seems to be all those that went to apex and felt they had a good experience step up and defend them

+1
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:

No shit If I see another fucking stupid thread about apex im going to shoot myself!

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
threat or promise? [Razz] J/K

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Apex did my sub frame connectors and torque box reinforcements in about an hour in a half when everyone else told me that it would take all day, they also had the best price around and i went to several shops. I was very happy with their work. [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] for Apex

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com