Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pitbulls (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pitbulls
outlawd94cobra
SR.CITIZEN
Member # 265

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for outlawd94cobra  Ford pictures for outlawd94cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANOTHER Pit Bull thread?

Two of mine just KILLED my shoes, im taking both of them to the vet tomorrow and putting them down. [Wink]

But yeah, im not gonna add my 2 cents to this thread.

Posts: 635 | From: Stockton, CA | Registered: May 2001  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love big dogs. I had them all. Rotts, Pits, now a dobbie. It's all on the owners. I think that ALL dogs owners and their dogs should be required to attend and pass at least one obiedence class. Here's another picture of Cassius Clay.
 -

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
MY NAME IS ALI DAM IT!
Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought my first one for both protection and friendship to be honest, with the hours i work im gone early in the mornings and it was me and my girlfriend living by ourselves at the time and i wanted a dog that would be loyal and if needed he/she could protect my girl. i knew this breed if in the right ownership could be my best friend ride in the car with me things like that go on walks and still have to be agresive if the time called. my 2 pitbullls play great with my girlfriends yorkie.
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-
one of my pits

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where is my brothers response? He owns 3 pits and has had many pups and not one person ever hurt, except for me. I had to care for the dogs for about 2 weeks. My feelings got hurt when I stepped on dog doodoo with my new shoes. That hurts.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looking at all this pit bulls pics makes me want to get one [Frown]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have three pits some that have been to my spot have seen mine are on command. i used to fight pits on 3rd street when i was young again that was when i was young we all did crazy things. i agree that there are bad dog owners out there but any dog can be bad so i'm tired of people picking on the pit

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
Where is my brothers response? He owns 3 pits and has had many pups and not one person ever hurt, except for me. I had to care for the dogs for about 2 weeks. My feelings got hurt when I stepped on dog doodoo with my new shoes. That hurts.

your brother has had alot of pits.
03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
I love big dogs. I had them all. Rotts, Pits, now a dobbie. It's all on the owners. I think that ALL dogs owners and their dogs should be required to attend and pass at least one obiedence class. Here's another picture of Cassius Clay.
 -

thats a bad azz dog [worship] [worship] i want one.

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

urwtdrm
¯
Member # 4164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for urwtdrm  Ford pictures for urwtdrm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shoot the fvcking owner because idiot pits come from idiot owners. I have two pits and you have to be able to control your dogs.

--------------------
It's ok to be fast.

Posts: 346 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
To all the Pitbull owners why did you get a pitbull instead of another dog?

I got mine because Ive grown up with many many breeds of dogs. I was looking for a companion that i could play ruff with, jog with, protect my wife while I was out, guard my mustang, and not too big a body. I have always loved the playful nature of pitbulls and their constant need display love to their owners not to mention their to the death loyalty. I was actually trying to get a boxer and came across a friend of a friend that had just been evicted from her house. She had 5 pups, and the 2 parents. It was either put them down or get a beutiful, papered dog for free!!I could only take 1 and I took the little girl that came over to me and curled up on my lap as I sat there checking them out!

The people that choose dogs for social status are the people that usually let the dog go on the streets because they dont have the repsponsibility or commiment to take care and properly handle these dogs. These dogs are usually get neglected or trained to be mean, because lets face it if you want a pit for a social status, its because you want to look tough or fight the dog. These dumb fucks give the pit their bad name

$.02

AND I thought you had to be a track owner or licensed breeder to have greyhounds?

And just to make a tiny point, this argument could be raised, greyhounds should be killed off, they are extremely fast vicious dogs that are trained for killing, how is someone supposed to get away from one they are so fast!!!

I dont support this its just to help make my point that people can take any animals traits and make a negative statement about them, they are animals after all that we are trying to domesticate!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i feel like boxers age 2 fast and have a lot of problems that why i didnt get one.
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hears my two cents here we are debating the good and the bad of the pit bulls there is alot of variables but first i would like to say the people who usally talks bad about these dogs are talking out of there ass like a few who keeps adding to this thread first of all a long time ago people wanted to bann the german shepard and people gave them the same argument as they do about pits then it was the doberman pinchers than the rots and before the pits it was the cockerspanual if anybodys paying attention its what ever dog that is popular and since its the pits and these dogs are the strongest pound for pound, they do damage when they attack! but attack because of poor breeding and bad owners that want the badest meanest dog on the block
these dogs were bred along time ago for bringing down pochers and bulls hence there name bull dogs then they were bred for dog fighting because of there quickness and strength and there abillities to withstand pain. dogs are just like kids. if you let you kids get away with small stuff when they are small its hard to teach them to not to do bad when they grow older , same with dogs, so when a bad owner let the dogs do what ever and does not teach the dogs right from bad and sticks them in the back yard only to feed them then the dogs all dogs revert back to there primal state and what they know i have three pitbuls one 90 lb one 60 , and one 70 lb dog never have they attacked anyone nor grouwed at anyone these dogs are so loyal to people they are the worst choice for a attack dog
but so when a bad pit from bad breeding and a bad owner attacks they do alot of damage and the bad always get pub because it gets ratings dog licking someone doesnt because you see it all the time but since we never see a dog attack when it does happen everyones raises [Confused] questions [Confused]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOUSTON -- A fight over a pit bull possibly led to a shooting at a southwest Houston home that sent two men to a hospital Thursday night, police told KPRC Local 2.

Officers with the Houston Police Department said several people answered the door of a home on Mowery Road near Lietrim Way at about 9:30 p.m. and that two men were shot.

One of the men was shot in the arm. The other man was shot in the leg. Both were taken to Ben Taub General Hospital in serious but stable condition.

Investigators said the shooting was most likely the result of a heated argument in which the shooter accused the victims of stealing his pit bull.

Police have not said if the shooter would be charged.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
HOUSTON -- A fight over a pit bull possibly led to a shooting at a southwest Houston home that sent two men to a hospital Thursday night, police told KPRC Local 2.

Officers with the Houston Police Department said several people answered the door of a home on Mowery Road near Lietrim Way at about 9:30 p.m. and that two men were shot.

One of the men was shot in the arm. The other man was shot in the leg. Both were taken to Ben Taub General Hospital in serious but stable condition.

Investigators said the shooting was most likely the result of a heated argument in which the shooter accused the victims of stealing his pit bull.

I am seriously not trying to talk shit, but what is the point of this post? Please feel free to explain.
93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ANY owner of a pitbull should be screened and approved to own such a dog----Why?? when was the last time you seen a chocolate lab attack a seven year old boy other than to lick him to death. EVERY dog attack story is a pit, at least 99% of them

And 99% of people get them just to say they have a pit....How many times have you seen a 14 year old 90lb kid walkin a50 lb pit with 20lb of chain around the dog like they are the shit.....that pisses me off so bad

People who ove their pits like family dogs thats cool, but for the other 99% like that 14 year old thug in your neighborhood...it a symbol plain and simple

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
quote:

I am seriously not trying to talk shit, but what is the point of this post? Please feel free to explain.
I didn't think it needed explain, 2 people fought over a pitbull ownership, they both shot each other lol.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93venom:
ANY owner of a pitbull should be screened and approved to own such a dog----Why?? when was the last time you seen a chocolate lab attack a seven year old boy other than to lick him to death. EVERY dog attack story is a pit, at least 99% of them

And 99% of people get them just to say they have a pit....How many times have you seen a 14 year old 90lb kid walkin a50 lb pit with 20lb of chain around the dog like they are the shit.....that pisses me off so bad

People who ove their pits like family dogs thats cool, but for the other 99% like that 14 year old thug in your neighborhood...it a symbol plain and simple

I understand where you are coming from but you are being just as ignorant as the 14yr old thug. The point is not that pit bulls do attack people, but that they are not the only ones. ALL BREEDS DO ATTACK PEOPLE! You just dont always here about it.

Here is a example just for you:

http://www.wpmi.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=D1DC5C72-4308-46C5-9A73-E8CB6655114A

[Razz]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here are the facts:
http://www.animaladvocates.com/dangerous-dogs/Dog%20attack%20deaths%20and%20maiming82%20to%20feb%202005.pdf

Note there are many injuries and deaths caused by non-pits.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good, now everyone can see not just pit bulls have attacked people. And as usuall, "pit Bulls" have been grouped together with anything that looks remotely like one.

Guess you should have special training to drive a car, cause cars have been in accidents that have killed people also. It is not the dog or the car, it is the owners of them! Without the right training for humans, just about anything can be dangerous.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by quick99:
Good, now everyone can see not just pit bulls have attacked people. And as usuall, "pit Bulls" have been grouped together with anything that looks remotely like one.

Guess you should have special training to drive a car, cause cars have been in accidents that have killed people also. It is not the dog or the car, it is the owners of them! Without the right training for humans, just about anything can be dangerous.

drivers education is special training for driving a car. You don't just give a 16 year old a lisence without showing him how to drive or telling him the laws LOL.
Pitbulls are considered killer so much because 90% of the owners who have them only have them for protection which means they are trained to attack and those people don't care if they get free and run around the neighborhood.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

quote:
quote:

drivers education is special training for driving a car. You don't just give a 16 year old a lisence without showing him how to drive or telling him the laws LOL.
Pitbulls are considered killer so much because 90% of the owners who have them only have them for protection which means they are trained to attack and those people don't care if they get free and run around the neighborhood.

where did you get your information that says "90% of the owners who have them only have them for protection which means they are trained to attack". Just want to know where that is written?
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:

where did you get your information that says "90% of the owners who have them only have them for protection which means they are trained to attack". Just want to know where that is written?
i think its obvious since the dogs are in the news soo much that most of the owners are idiots. I am sure there are some good owners but theres more negatives ones than positives.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

A lot is media hype. When is the last time you heard about a dog attack that ws not a pit bull? The above study shows that other breeds have been involved in attacked and even have killed, but you hardly ever hear about those.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com