Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pitbulls (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pitbulls
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not defend pits, but there are other species that are as dangerous as pits, just not as notorious. German Shephards, Bull Mastiffs, and the Rotweiller. Back in the real early 80's Doberman Pinchers were the Pits of society. My point is that pit owners dont believe their dogs are dangerous. Those dogs are very unpredictable and bi-polar by nature. Take precautions. I love my pomerainian just as I am sure most pit owners lover their pits. Just take the necessary cautions because those cautions are not the same with most dogs.

[ March 16, 2006, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
Not defend pits, but there are other species that are as dangerous as pits, just not as notorious. German Shephards, Bull Mastiffs, and the Rotweiller. Back in the real early 80's Doberman Pinchers were the Pits of society. My point is that pit owners dont believe their dogs are dangerous. Those dogs are very unpredictable and bi-polar by nature. Take precautions. I love my pomerainian just as I am sure most pit owners lover their pits. Just take the necessary cautions because those cautions are not the same with most dogs.

Very true, and im not bashing on pits, i have met some extremly nice pitbulls, but as you said they are bipolar. I used to have a doberman and he was the biggest baby in the world, I think people were intimidated by dobermans. I dont think you could put them in the same catigory as pits because pitbulls have so many more human attacks. Any dog can be a bad dog but pits by nature are much more of a agresive dog.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bottom line is, it comes down to how the dog is raised and the type of owner it has. If you are out walking your dog, it nees to be on a leash. This incident could eaily have been with a german sheperd, a rot, dobberman, boxer or any other type of dog.
To say all pits are dangerous or bipolar is stupid. All dogs have different personalities. If they are locked up and not socialized, then any dog can be a problem. Pits are just getting a bad rap because the local hoods are making them the tuff dog of choice at this time. I remember when it ws the Dobbermans way back when.
Any dog can be trained to be mean. All the news reports now instantly say "pit bull" attack even if the dog only looks remotely like one.
It all comes down to the owner. You cannot single out any breed and say it is dangerous. What about the other breeds that have killed people? We are just at A time when Pits are getting all the press right now. It was not a Pit that killed the lady in San francisco A year or two back. But we are not hearing how that breed is so dangerous now are we? I think that case got more media attention than any other, but know one is saying anything about those dogs now??? Hell those dogs cost thousnads of dollars to buy and they killed.
It comes down to the owner being responsible for the animal and making it safe for the public and the animal. Don't just jump on the bandwagon and say a certain breed is dangerous.
How many guns have killed people? NONE, it was the human who pulled the trigger!

Posts: 103 | From: northern california | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What I want to know is why the cop didn't bust a cap in the dog sooner?
Mach103
¯
Member # 746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach103  Ford pictures for Mach103    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I own a Pitbull my self his name is BLUE, hes about 8 months old and weighs 70 pounds. This is the best dog i have ever owned. These dogs have a very bad rep because of there owners noyone cant say shit about these dogs because they have never owned one and your missing out. Pitbull's are the best dogs hands down. [worship]  -  -  -  -

--------------------
2007 Ford Mustang GT
1995 Mustang GT Sapphire Blue(SOLD)
2003 Mustang Mach 1 (SOLD)
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that dogs is hella sick im going totry and get pics up of my dogs some how.
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mexicans kill more people a year then all than all breeds of dogs but together. Maybe we should get rid of all mexicans. [Big Grin]

This is a joke. [Wink] i am mexican and i own/love pits.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well as with anything dangerous the proper precautions have to be taken. And most pit-bull owners really do not take the time to learn about their dogs. Yes dogs have their own temperment and disposition. But if people can inherit traits why do you think dogs cant? Believe me pit bulls are by nature a very un-predictable (bi-polar) species. Period. It has been proven time and time again. By the weeping "good" owners whose dog is being put to sleep for mauling a child. My point is that pit bull owners should know and realize that their dog is alot more dangerous than the average beagle. And respect the ability and disposition of these dogs. Take extra precautions. Reinforce fences, leash your dog with a sturdy leash. Train the dog. Read back through my posts I am not bashing pits, but the owners have to educate themselves. Its more than just having you dog around little johnny that makes it a good companion.

[ March 16, 2006, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
these debates always seem to end the same. I love how people always say " the Pit is breed crazy and has a locking jaw and is breed to kill" a huge mistake on their part, the "pit bull" is breed to be a strong, independent, loyal companion that doubles as a guard dog for the owners property and family. That is what the PIT BULL was breed for. Dumb ass breeders and back yard breeders have taken this great anilmal and turned its traits into what people call a killing machine. The fact is its just a dog, its just a 60 lb dog that needs to be treated like a 100+ lb dog. People try and make the dogs have bigger heads and look stronger and so on. People that raise fighting dogs choose the most aggresive short tempered dogs they can to breed with, looking for fighting traits. Its these dogs that people cant handle and give the dogs there bad name. Thats why there are so many breeds like I mentioned earlier have come into exsistance. American Pit Bull, Pit Bull Terrior, Stafford Bull Terrior, American Stafford Terrior, Red Nose, Blue Nose, etc.....

All i have to say is dont pass judgment on the dogs till you have owned one [patriot] They are great dogs that dont deserved to have their name run through the mud the way it is. I dont care about who seen a pit do this and who heard a pit do that..... did you own the dog, do you know its personailty, life story, etc..... I didnt think so so leave that BS out. A person saying a PIT BULL is a atacking machine is the same as a person saying all black people are ignorant and steal or all mexicans are dirty gang banging farm laborers, and all white people are just fucking KKK members

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

no those really aint the same. Behavioral traits that you pick up based on your surroundings or up bringing are not hereditary. I agree you cant generalize the species in a manner that some have. But like the other person said, it is a 60lb dog that needs to be treated as a 100lb dog. Meaning it is not your average dog remember that. Special considerations and concessions need to be made. Thats what some pit bull owners dont understand. Probably shouldnt let spike roam free at a kids b-day party with 50+ kids there. Those dogs have 2 sides to them. Almost like a recessed primal instinct gene.
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
no those really aint the same. Behavioral traits that you pick up based on your surroundings or up bringing are not hereditary. I agree you cant generalize the species in a manner that some have. But like the other person said, it is a 60lb dog that needs to be treated as a 100lb dog. Meaning it is not your average dog remember that. Special considerations and concessions need to be made. Thats what some pit bull owners dont understand. Probably shouldnt let spike roam free at a kids b-day party with 50+ kids there. Those dogs have 2 sides to them. Almost like a recessed primal instinct gene.

I really would like to agree with you completly but while the enviorment does play a HUGE role in the overall personality of the dog, heridity does still play a key role. I am not saying that all mean dogs are made that way because of heridty alone, but that dogs that come from a line of chosen short tempered agressive parents, their offspring will naturally have the shorter temper and be naturally more aggressive towards other animals. With these dogs it take a especially dedicated owner to give it the correct upbringing from a very young age to help try and cope with the dogs naturally tendencys. My particular dog is one of these sorts. She can be a handful at times but i would never trade her for anything. I plan on owning many many more of these dogs!!!

--------------------

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
Mexicans kill more people a year then all than all breeds of dogs but together. Maybe we should get rid of all mexicans. [Big Grin]

This is a joke. [Wink] i am mexican and i own/love pits.

Thats funny. I am Mexican too so yeah.

Kinda close to what I was gona say. They are good dogs under the right ownership. They are amazing dogs, the jumping and running abbilities these dogs hold are crazy! yeah they bite on some people some time and kill sometimes. But so do People. People have the sense to reason but they don't either. Maybe we should start killing people off too. We all know thats not gona happen. There are a lot more Crybaby people these days too. Always complaining about something. I just don't see why all of a sudden they are such threats.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

N8
¯
Member # 6048

no dis-respect but that is kinda ignorant. All I am saying is realze the potential for disaster with these types of dogs. These dogs ARE bi-polar and un-predictable by nature. Some are raised different and come from a mildly different bloodline as with people. But all of these dogs carry the same potential. Whether you name it Cujo and feed it gun powder or lil Petey and feed it Iams. That is my main point, step one in being a responsible owner is realizing the nature of your pet. Saying your dog is as harmless as a cocker spaniel is not being responsible. Knowing your dog has the potential to rip a kids throat out and taking precaustions is. I am not saying spay/nueter or kill all pits as they do make wonderful pets I imagine. Just be conscious of your pet.
quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for quick99  Ford pictures for quick99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess something must have been wrong with my buddies two pit bulls. They lived there whole lives in a house full of Mexicans, and you know that was a full house, nothing but kids running around everywhere, and his two pits did not kill anybody. They just were good pets for years and then died. His brother must have had some bad pits also. He has two other ones and they did not kill anyone either. I must have gotten mine from the same batch of duds, because she has not killed anyone either. I wonder if my neighbor got his 3 from the same litter also, cause his did not kill anyone either. They just slept in the bed with his wife while he worked nights and two have since died of old age also. To bad I did not read this sooner or I would have told him not to get his new pit puppy because these dogs are killing machines and he might have gotten a real killer this time!
I will confess, my pit has killed a lot of her toys, there is a dead stuffed monkey laying on the floor right now! [Big Grin]

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by quick99:
I guess something must have been wrong with my buddies two pit bulls. They lived there whole lives in a house full of Mexicans, and you know that was a full house, nothing but kids running around everywhere, and his two pits did not kill anybody. They just were good pets for years and then died. His brother must have had some bad pits also. He has two other ones and they did not kill anyone either. I must have gotten mine from the same batch of duds, because she has not killed anyone either. I wonder if my neighbor got his 3 from the same litter also, cause his did not kill anyone either. They just slept in the bed with his wife while he worked nights and two have since died of old age also. To bad I did not read this sooner or I would have told him not to get his new pit puppy because these dogs are killing machines and he might have gotten a real killer this time!
I will confess, my pit has killed a lot of her toys, there is a dead stuffed monkey laying on the floor right now! [Big Grin]

LOL..... [Big Grin] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:

[Roll Eyes] [Confused] [BS flag]
quick99
¯
Member # 6291

quote:
quote:

[Roll Eyes] [Confused] [BS flag]
What don't you get? Can't you tellthis is a killer dog. See it bit the black off Cliffords nose. You are the one full of BS.  -

[ March 16, 2006, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: quick99 ]

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

-
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
 -

OMG is she still alive?
quick99
¯
Member # 6291

Again, it comes down to the owners. Some dogs require more extensive training than others. All dogs where originally breed for one thing or another. Some for hunting, for hearding, working dogs, toy dogs, pulling and all the likes. Just like people, dogs have there own personalities. You cannot say "all dogs of a certain breed are this or that". You have to judge each one individually.
Just like with a fast car, you have to use common sense, no matter what type of animal you have.

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
quote:
 -

OMG is she still alive?
The dog or the little girl? Gotta be careful with little kids, they are kinda hard on the animals! [Big Grin]
N8
¯
Member # 6048

I believe kids can co-exist I used the [BS flag] because there always is one wise guy in every convo that will take a persons comment out of context....His comment was pretty funny tho.

[ March 16, 2006, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

They were all the honest truth also. I made none of that up.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To all the Pitbull owners why did you get a pitbull instead of another dog? Was your main concern for protection? I think this is why they are so popular people want the big aggressive dog as a guard dog not as a companion. People get them because they think it gives them a status in society. Dogs shouldn't make you feel better about yourself, they should be there as friends.
My Greyhounds we got for companionship, they are the sweetest dogs ever. True they were trained to chase and kill when they were young and Easy was a 1st place winner several times but he will lay with my cat, likes chasing little dogs for fun at the dog parks and doesn't like bigger animals near our property.

[ March 16, 2006, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

quick99
¯
Member # 6291

I got mine because that is the kind of dog I wanted. Just like I am sure you got your Greyhounds because that was the kind of dog you wanted.
Whatever kind of dog you want, do research on it before you get it. You can learn alot and see if a particular type of dog is for you. You will be amazed at hopw much different breeds can be.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com