Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » coast high (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: coast high
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not to talk shit but ive gotten ALOT better service from chp then most the shops on here..i have not had 1 prblem wit them at all. thats me though. and for robs mach. shop..dnt talk bout servie cuz i was goin to go wit u guys until i got NO service at all. i aint tryin to start nothin jus stating my facts like everyone eles... [patriot] [patriot] for chp..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 89 FAKE SNAKE:
not to talk shit but ive gotten ALOT better service from chp then most the shops on here..i have not had 1 prblem wit them at all. thats me though. and for robs mach. shop..dnt talk bout servie cuz i was goin to go wit u guys until i got NO service at all. i aint tryin to start nothin jus stating my facts like everyone eles... [patriot] [patriot] for chp..

please explain. i'd like to hear it.
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
talked to u a few times and called tha shop tryin to get quotes and everything. really didnt get what i wanted and was put on like hold for sometime back and forth..i know u guys get busy so i really wasnt concerned. and then wit u ud help me a lil then wouldnt be round for a day or something so i was like f'it and got ansy (sp?) and just went wit chp cuz i liked wha i saw..i aint tryin to put any shops down but its like everyone is sayin chp aint good i like em..ive called many times and everytime they talked and help me through everything i needed..so so far i like there customer service becuz they helped me when other couldnt.. [patriot] no disrespect to u or you shop..

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the main benifit of having a machine shop close to you build it is that you can go and talk to them.

They aren't a mail order place and I understand they much rather deal with someone in person other than a kid on the phone.

Trust me I'm young and know that busines' think I am not serious about things until I show the initiative to go and explain what I want and show the cash for what I want done.

[ January 15, 2006, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
[/qb]

I think he is talking about their crappy customer service and ability to get an order right. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Well.. fortunately we have not had any issues with them. So far, we have not had "1" issue with their products. [patriot]

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you guys are very passionate about this topic. [Eek!]

[ January 15, 2006, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
easy just like this... chp strikes again. [Roll Eyes]

It's pretty obvious you are not "Rob" and really do not represent him well. Do Rob a favor and start growing up...

[ January 15, 2006, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
Some of you guys are very passionate about this topic. [Eek!]

It just upsets me when people or companies get slammed unfairly. Mature, honest, and fair criticism is always welcomed and should be given. But when companies/ people are pileing it on without much merit is very unfair.

All companies whether it is CDT, APEX, HCI, CHP, Rob's, etc.. has had issues. It is impossible not to. The big thing is how a company takes care of the problem.

Coast/ CHP/ Probe has been in business for over 16 years. Longer than most of the businesses on this forum, including Apex. If they were such a bad company which made such bad products they would have gone out of business a LONG time ago. The market would have refused to buy from them and caused them to go out of business.. but that has not been the case.

Instead, they are one of the largest producers of Ford based performance engines in the world. And also one of the larger piston manufacturers.

[ January 15, 2006, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, Mark O'neal is a board member...I'm sure he'll chime in any time now...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Don't worry, Mark O'neal is a board member...I'm sure he'll chime in any time now...

I'm sure someone will call him and tell him like they did last time.

Maybe they will realize that they need to improve their shipping and packaging department.

[ January 15, 2006, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Apexmotorsports:
quote:

It's pretty obvious you are not "Rob" and really do not represent him well. Do Rob a favor and start growing up...
Everyone that has posted a complaint has merit, as well as everyone that has posted a complement. Is there really a need to attack a person??

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
quote:
quote:

Everyone that has posted a complaint has merit, as well as everyone that has posted a complement. Is there really a need to attack a person??
Arlie,

All I am going to say is "IF" I had am employee like "STOAUTO" I would fire or repremand him for representing the company in a bad way. Rob has a great shop and to have an idiot like STOAUTO shoot off his mouth like a 14 year child is a total disservice to his company. If you are going to represent the company you work for in public do it in a professional manner because it reflects on your employer.

[ January 15, 2006, 10:16 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post 
Public message board = freedom of speech.

It's wrong to fire a man for speaking his mind..... He only represents the company on company time.... & his opinion is as valid as anyones.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Public message board = freedom of speech.

It's wrong to fire a man for speaking his mind..... He only represents the company on company time.... & his opinion is as valid as anyones.

Sean,

You are right and wrong... This is America and anyone can say anything they want any time.

BUT, when you have the name of the company and phone # in your sig AND are promoting them THEN you owe it to your employer to carry yourself properly.

It's just like you Sean, the way you carry yourself on the boards generally reflect pretty good on HCI.

[ January 15, 2006, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It's just like you Sean, the way you carry yourself on the boards generally reflect pretty good on HCI.

Thanks.
Generally I'm not an asshole.... unless you ask my wife. [Razz]

[ January 15, 2006, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: 93PONY ]

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
quote:

Thanks.
Generally I'm not an asshole.... as long as you don't ask my wife. [Razz]

Same here... just don't ask the wife
[Roll Eyes]

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Arlie,

All I am going to say is "IF" I had am employee like "STOAUTO" I would fire or repremand him for representing the company in a bad way. Rob has a great shop and to have an idiot like STOAUTO shoot off his mouth like a 14 year child is a total disservice to his company. If you are going to represent the company you work for in public do it in a professional manner because it reflects on your employer.

first off, you dont know me. so you shouldn't be calling me any names. you shouldn't take things so personal on the internet. YOU YOURSELF obviously doesn't represent apex very well by calling a fellow board member an "idiot." professional, name callings real professional. YOUR the idiot.
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
an idiot like STOAUTO shoot off his mouth like a 14 year child

With comments like this you are representing your business well. YOU THINK THAT IS "PROFESSIONAL MANNER?"

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

With comments like this you are representing your business well. YOU THINK THAT IS "PROFESSIONAL MANNER?"
thanks Don. [Smile]
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

quote:

BUT, when you have the name of the company and phone # in your sig AND are promoting them THEN you owe it to your employer to carry yourself properly.

yeah...........right......

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

thanks Don. [Smile]
No problem Evan, you've always been VERY helpful to me [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will say it again the rings did nut butt up. The piston melted. ST Auto I love how you can come to all these conclusions while looking at a pic of a melted piston on the web. he has said over and over aging the gap was .028 can you please explain to the me I am obviously not as smart as you how a ring expands .028? looks like a detonated piston to me I will give you that. >028 is actualy wide for a blown motor except on a Hyper junk piston.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I will say it again the rings did nut butt up. The piston melted. ST Auto I love how you can come to all these conclusions while looking at a pic of a melted piston on the web. he has said over and over aging the gap was .028 can you please explain to the me I am obviously not as smart as you how a ring expands .028? looks like a detonated piston to me I will give you that. >028 is actualy wide for a blown motor except on a Hyper junk piston.

i haven't come to any conclusion. [Confused]
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:

Obviously you don't know what you're looking at....but that's okay Mike. You don't do this for a living.
Any professional engine builder would have spotted that right away.
I'm sure Mark O'neal will agree when he sees this.

--------------------
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

I did have an engine builder out of livermore look at it and his opinion on the manner was.

"Looks like detonation and possibly a heat pocket in between the first and second piston"

and then he proceeded to ask me if I had installed the ring gaps on opposite ends of the piston.(which I did)

There are no if ands or butts about it detonation killed the piston. This however doesn't take away from thier shitty packing and shipping department and the fact they screw up orders so much. Also the week link in these pistons is that second gap they make for tfs heads. I think they should make seperate pistons for what the customer wants to use either inline or canted heads.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com