Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Whats the best combo u can think of to run solid 10's N/A? (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Whats the best combo u can think of to run solid 10's N/A?
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey yall, what do u think of these new "stroker" HR cams from COMP?

http://www.powerandperformancenews.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=35-775-8&Category_Code=FRDST

http://www.powerandperformancenews.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=35-776-9&Category_Code=FRDST

:
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
Hey yall, what do u think of these new "stroker" HR cams from COMP?

http://www.powerandperformancenews.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=35-775-8&Category_Code=FRDST

http://www.powerandperformancenews.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CC&Product_Code=35-776-9&Category_Code=FRDST

I think I sell them a lot cheaper
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that for sure already [Razz] But u think any big gains over the XE282HR?
:
rico91stang
¯
Member # 2389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rico91stang  Ford pictures for rico91stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
No I don't run a girdle....wouldn't waste my money on one.

My 331 TT stock block combo had a Probe 1/2" Steel girdle on it. (basically the strongest one you can get.) The caps were machined for the girdle & once installed the mains were line-bore/honed. (The recomended way to install a girdle)

The motor made 430/508RW max & never reved behond 6400rpm.
That block is sitting at the shop.....twisted & unsuable. #2 main twisted .002"....which is enough to lock up the crank. Block may be cracked.....at the very least it's twisted.

Cheap? I wouldn't call it cheap. The Probe 3/8" Steel girdle is what....$179? 1/2" is $325. Then add machine work if you want it installed correctly. How much is it to line bore/hone the mains these days? How about machining the main caps to fit the girdle? Add all that up & you'll be in it around $400-$600.....which is definately not CHEAP insurance in my book.

That money would be beter spent upgrading the stock block to a Dart, R302, Boss, World, etc. You can find these blocks used for good prices sometimes.

However, if it gives you piece of mind to buy a main girdle.....I guess that's really what they're selling.

My opinion:
If you plan on pushing the limits of the stock block, it's money WELL spent in the long run to upgrade to a stronger block.
There's a saying among engine builders.... You don't put a $2000 rotating assembly in a $200 block. & you don't put a $200 rotating assembly in a $2000 block.

[worship] [worship] [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
"My shit ain't stock. Shits got a cam yo."-Archie Saleen (Union city)

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Damn Rico u still bringin this up! Let's just say, no I would not spend $400-600 to put a girdle on the "right way". That would be insane. If they all cost that much, then I'd definately look into an aftermarket block or into the 351w as u did. I think anyone runnin the stock rebuilds will still run the cheaper steel girdles regardless [Razz] [Big Grin]

[ January 07, 2006, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

:

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com