Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Whats the best combo u can think of to run solid 10's N/A? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Whats the best combo u can think of to run solid 10's N/A?
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
10.86@127.00 1.52 ET Drags, Sac stoauto 89LX Carb'ed N/A 347
10.92@123.9 1.495 ET Drags Sac Yellow94GT94GT, N/A 347
10.98@125.73 1.55, ET Drags, SAC 91pony 91GT N/A 347 (93Pony Driving)

Damn nice accomplishments yall [Eek!] I know I haven't even finished my blue car yet, but I'm already thinkin of re-doing it over again [Big Grin] I don't know how much my notch weighs, but I did do the AJE K-member, D&D A-arms, X2C upper/lower control arms, Flaming River manual rack, Strange adj. struts/Lakewood 50/50 shocks, & X2C coil-overs all around so far. Is there anyway to hit the 10's N/A with a F/I 331"/TKO/lightened up notch combo & still be able to drive the car around town on pump gas? Also what other things can I do to lighten up the notch some more?

Few pics of the car in current state (haven't even finished the motor) Damn I'm a slacker [Confused]
 -
 -
 -

[ December 27, 2005, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

:
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/RobsMachine/index.php

theres a good one right there. best time of you already know 10.86. car weighs 2840 with no driver and no gas.

[ December 27, 2005, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sup evan, wanna help me re-do my motor? [Big Grin]
:
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it were me, the combo would go something like this:

10.5:1 347
AFR 185 or 205
Vic Jr 5.0 intake
Anderson N91 Hi rev
75mm TB
80mm MAF
42lb injectors
4.10 or 4.30 gear
26in slick

Should be good for 400+ rwhp. Just remember, 6250rpm rev limiter won't do the job with that cam and intake.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the lx on the left is hella clean what color is that, i miss my lx.
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oops this was supposed to be a pm. [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

[ December 27, 2005, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: stoauto ]

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you dyno the motor yet?

There are handfuls of people doing 10's with a 331. Blown 302's did it awhile ago.

What is the C:R ratio on the 331 and cc on the heads you got?

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There are lots of easier ways to get into the 10's then going N/A. If you ask me, all of those combos stink [Wink] [Razz]

It really is mainly up to what you want out of your setup. I wanted N/A mostly off the shelf parts, (not alot of porting or customizing), to remain EFI, yet keep the car something I could drive around town and enjoy, (heaven forbit CHP finds me..lol).

If you ask me, none of the above mentioned cars are "solid" 10 second cars either [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

maybe...

-10.5:1 347
-AFR 185s DEFINATELY cleaned up, the intake is real touchy on the afrs but 10cfm is attainable by an experienced head porter with MINIMAL work, this is all that would need to be done for this build. approximately 1 MINUTE (if that) of porting on the exhaust and you could see damn near 10 cfm, then fully polish it and theres a few more there. no problem.
-around .600 lift solid roller (if you wanna go the solid route)
-zero deck the block
-run .035 -.040 thick SCE titan copper head gaskets. these are really nice. this will also give you the desired affective quench. or any good quality head gasket of the same thickness.
-you could also coat everything. (more to discuss here) [Cool]
-i would also run a girdle and windage tray
theres so much more to talk about. like the machine work, the coatings, a whole lot of little things, it all depends on how deep your pockets are. but i now your ballin nick, so you should have no problems. [Big Grin]

if you go carb, the edlebrock air gap get my vote.

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How light is your car? Let me put it on the 'Team SOLO' diet and help get you into the mid nines naturally aspirated [Big Grin]

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luke87GT:
[qb] If it were me, the combo would go something like this:

10.5:1 347
AFR 185 or 205
Vic Jr 5.0 intake
Anderson N91 Hi rev
75mm TB
80mm MAF
42lb injectors
4.10 or 4.30 gear
26in slick

I'd like to keep it a 331 if possible. I have the parts listed above except for RPM II intake (opened up to 75mm TB), XE282HR cam, & 36lb injectors.

[ December 28, 2005, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

:
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
the lx on the left is hella clean what color is that, i miss my lx.

That's actually an older 4runner blue.
:
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
There are lots of easier ways to get into the 10's then going N/A. If you ask me, all of those combos stink [Wink] [Razz]

It really is mainly up to what you want out of your setup. I wanted N/A mostly off the shelf parts, (not alot of porting or customizing), to remain EFI, yet keep the car something I could drive around town and enjoy, (heaven forbit CHP finds me..lol).

If you ask me, none of the above mentioned cars are "solid" 10 second cars either [Wink]

I'd like to keep her a 331, otherwise everything you've stated Drew, sounds right. I wanna be able to drive it around town once in a while. Also on pump gas [Big Grin]
:
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
How light is your car? Let me put it on the 'Team SOLO' diet and help get you into the mid nines naturally aspirated [Big Grin]

LOL [Big Grin] I have no idea how much it weighs at the moment. What other tricks to cut the weight off, but not be too horrible to drive around on the street?
:
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

I ain't ballin man, trust me! Sent u both a PM Evan, Josh [patriot]

[ December 28, 2005, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

:
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
91Pony's car is one the more impressive cars out of the bunch....It still has full interior and Basically a stock suspension...but still cuts 15 60 ft's.....

such a perfect combo of motor....

Victor Jr HEads and Victor 5.0 intake...
Shaun's (93Pony) super porting work is what got him the power out of it....

plus it revs freely past 7K..and hold it there....

lots of other tricks and all that he did to it.....

but yeah 430RW or so with 4.30's on slicks in a high revving fox could get you to the 10's

[ December 28, 2005, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: jordan_0806 ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
91Pony's car is one the more impressive cars out of the bunch....It still has full interior and Basically a stock suspension...but still cuts 15 60 ft's.....

but yeah 430RW or so with 4.30's on slicks in a high revving fox could get you to the 10's

Lets not assume that both the other two cars are gutted race cars. Even with the weight savings I have, (tubular K and A arms, coil overs, etc), my car still weighs in a bit more than Heathers Fox. These SN95's are pigs, well, they are pigs compared to everything but an LS1 [Wink]

On a side note, my car made 435 rwhp with a sanding role clean up on the Vic 5.0 intake and a mild port job on the Vic Jr's the only time it was on the dyno [Razz] Next time out I'm looking for around 445 rwhp [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:

we also have mostly stock suspension, and i've cut a string of 1.4X sixtys.

we've made 390 rwhp on a mustang dyno on the motor, which would equate to a solid 420 plus on a dyno jet no problem. all with little AFR 165s.

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that car on the right looks familiar [burnout]
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
rico91stang
¯
Member # 2389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rico91stang  Ford pictures for rico91stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:
quote:

we also have mostly stock suspension, and i've cut a string of 1.4X sixtys.

we've made [u]390 rwhp on a mustang dyno[/u] on the motor, which would equate to a solid 420 plus on a dyno jet no problem. all with little [u]AFR 165s[/u].

WHAT???!!! Please explain. [Confused]
[worship]

--------------------
"My shit ain't stock. Shits got a cam yo."-Archie Saleen (Union city)

rico91stang
¯
Member # 2389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rico91stang  Ford pictures for rico91stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stoauto:

i would also run a girdle and windage tray

Windage tray good.
Girdle bad.

--------------------
"My shit ain't stock. Shits got a cam yo."-Archie Saleen (Union city)

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Lets not assume that both the other two cars are gutted race cars. Even with the weight savings I have, (tubular K and A arms, coil overs, etc), my car still weighs in a bit more than Heathers Fox. These SN95's are pigs, well, they are pigs compared to everything but an LS1 [Wink]

On a side note, my car made 435 rwhp with a sanding role clean up on the Vic 5.0 intake and a mild port job on the Vic Jr's the only time it was on the dyno [Razz] Next time out I'm looking for around 445 rwhp [Big Grin]

Yes Drew..I did not assume that your car was super light either....But I'm a fox fan as it is...so STFU an GTFO....lol j/k.....I'm sure you and Shaun will have fun talking shit and running each other at the "track" anyday now....

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes Drew..I did not assume that your car was super light either....But I'm a fox fan as it is...so STFU an GTFO....lol j/k.....I'm sure you and Shaun will have fun talking shit and running each other at the "track" anyday now....
Fox fan or not, I thought this post was about good 10 second combos, not personal preference over Foxs and SN's.

Also, Shaun and I talk shit daily. But we call it, "sharing ideas" [Wink] [Razz]

[ December 28, 2005, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why stay N/A throw a blower or turbo on your 331 with its light weight you can run 10's all day long and drive it like a stocker untill the wheels fall off. There are some great running 347 N/A combos on here but I bet they scare the hell out of a smog machine and we do live in CA. JMO. There are a few power added 331's on here running 8's and 9's [Eek!]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

91PONY
Mrs. Valve Events
Member # 206

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91PONY  Ford pictures for 91PONY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Fox fan or not, I thought this post was about good 10 second combos, not personal preference over Foxs and SN's.

Also, Shaun and I talk shit daily. But we call it, "sharing ideas" [Wink] [Razz]

Drew knows that he can talk shit about my car all he wants and I'll still luv him...
[Wink]

--------------------
Heather '91 GT

Posts: 1477 | From: Citrus Heights, CA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com