Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Quads.... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Quads....
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone have any quads on here? My dad and i next weekend might go pick up a Polaris 700 or 800 in Reno. We wanna get a winch and a snow plow.
What do you guys all think about Polaris quads?
Should we get carburated or EFI if we go with a 700?
 -
[Eek!]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well hence the girls FMX.com on my sig ?? hmm Dana Boo hiss where's the honda screw the polaris and I love my 450R , but on a good note for what you want it for it would be great. polaris has all the attachtments that are easy to put on. but pricey .. . . if you dont deside on the polaris the honda has the a lot of nice utilitie quads with the seat heaters, gps ( for when you go to sand moutain), throttle warmer. Your Pops might enjoy that . . .

-

[ September 23, 2005, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We were thinking of getting a Honda, but why buy rice now? haha
Sounds like Honda's are made for sissys anyway. Wear gloves and some thick pants and you won't need a seat warmer or throttle warm [worship]

I'm just messin [Razz]
We want something big, bigger is always better and we looked at Honda 400 and 500s but we're thinking 700 or 800. I will probably be the only one taking it to Sand Mountain and offroading with it. My parents want it to be able to get the mail and plow the snow off the driveway.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just put the snow plow on the 98 cobra [Big Grin]

my mom has a polaris 250, javent had any problems with it that wasnt our own fault, this is not the 700 but to polaris in general, it is a decent quad, this little 250 just doesnt like to be jumped [Whoo Whooooo!]

im not a kawi fan, but have heard nothing but great things about there biggest atv, same on the yamaha

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you need a 4 wheeler to get the mail,damm [Big Grin]

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Sounds like Honda's are made for sissys anyway. Wear gloves and some thick pants and you won't need a seat warmer or throttle warm [worship]

I'm just messin [Razz]

Blah blah blah sissy my ass .. . . well I know the honda now have independent rear suspension.oo oo and they have lockers hmm hmm good shit and also they have been around longer and parts arent as pricy as a polaris. Why do you need something that big ? trying to make up for something ? LoL j/k. Also I wouldnt recomend buying the extended warenty its soooo not worth it

[ September 23, 2005, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by carajo:

driveway is 1/4 a mile to our mail box and its ALL down hill, steep in some areas too.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:

driveway is 1/4 a mile to our mail box and its ALL down hill, steep in some areas too.
why dont you hook up a plow to the cj ?

[ September 23, 2005, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by Fast_Bitch:
quote:
quote:

why dont you hook up a plow to the cj ?
we could, but a quad would be more fun [Big Grin]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:

I'm just messin [Razz]

Blah blah blah sissy my ass .. . . well I know the honda now have independent rear suspension.oo oo and they have lockers hmm hmm good shit and also they have been around longer and parts arent as pricy as a polaris. Why do you need something that big ? trying to make up for something ? LoL j/k. Also I wouldnt recomend buying the extended warenty its soooo not worth it
The bigger the quad the bigger the tires, plus more clearance [Smile]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

[/QUOTE]The bigger the quad the bigger the tires, plus more clearance [Smile] [/QB][/QUOTE]

right [Wink]

see doesnt look that bad . .. but your jeep is way older .. .

-

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well hence the girls FMX.com on my sig ?? hmm Dana Boo hiss where's the honda screw the polaris and I love my 450R , but on a good note for what you want it for it would be great. polaris has all the attachtments that are easy to put on. but pricey .. . . if you dont deside on the polaris the honda has the a lot of nice utilitie quads with the seat heaters, gps ( for when you go to sand moutain), throttle warmer. Your Pops might enjoy that . . .

-

now thats what im talking about thats my next investment so i can race one up in sac

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a dirt bike honda crf450 and take that bitch in the snow

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:

-

now thats what im talking about thats my next investment so i can race one up in sac
see now here is a guy who knows what he wants and Knows how good of quaillty hondas are . .. [Razz]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
quote:

-

see now here is a guy who knows what he wants and Knows how good of quaillty hondas are . .. [Razz]
450R's are the shit! 8 out of 10 quads that race in the pro class are 450 R's. Ive been thinking about getting a raptor 660r though

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

[/QUOTE]450R's are the shit! 8 out of 10 quads that race in the pro class are 450 R's. Ive been thinking about getting a raptor 660r though [/QB][/QUOTE]

well now the raptors are 700's . . .. real nose heavy dont take to big of jumps on it . . I would go bombing over a razor back or anything . . . seen some crash and burns on those . . [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

1991CHP
¯
Member # 5097

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1991CHP  Ford pictures for 1991CHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Quads are GAY, and any thing by HONDA is GAY-er. [Razz]

[dance]

--------------------
Asphalt Mafia: Founder.

I felt guilty once, but she woke up half way through it.

http://gotbluemilk.com/web050516/24/index.html

Posts: 815 | From: S.F. / SACRAMENTO | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I don't want a race quad, so theres no way in hell i'll get a 2 cycle 450r

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

quote:

cough cough two stroke. . . and the 450r is a 4 stroke, most 4 strokes are green stickers also . . make sure you look in to that also . . . red stickers are no good . .

[ September 24, 2005, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Fast_Bitch ]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:

cough cough two stroke. . . and the 450r is a 4 stroke, most 4 strokes are green stickers also . . make sure you look in to that also . . . red stickers are no good . .
Honda's are red stickers [Razz] They are no good haha

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

[/QUOTE]Honda's are red stickers [Razz] They are no good haha [/QB][/QUOTE]
FYI not all honda's are red stickers . . .LoL [Wink]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
FYI not all honda's are red stickers . . .LoL [Wink]

Wanna run them sometime? [Wink]

[ September 24, 2005, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

[/QUOTE]Wanna run them sometime? [Wink] [/QB][/QUOTE]

LoL to funny . . . how much do you want to put down . . . ?? [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:

Wanna run them sometime? [Wink] [/QUOTE]

LoL to funny . . . how much do you want to put down . . . ?? [Wink] [burnout] [/QB][/QUOTE]let me get money since i haven't had a job in almost 3 months and we'll talk [Wink] My Polaris is going to eat your Honda for dinner! [Razz]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:

450R's are the shit! 8 out of 10 quads that race in the pro class are 450 R's. Ive been thinking about getting a raptor 660r though [/QUOTE]

well now the raptors are 700's . . .. real nose heavy dont take to big of jumps on it . . I would go bombing over a razor back or anything . . . seen some crash and burns on those . . [Big Grin] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Were do you live? You should come out to preiry city and do a race... We have a race I think every sunday of october except for like on the 15th or something. Ill be there in the race truck though [Smile]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com