Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HP after modifications?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: HP after modifications??
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check pm's marc
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it hasnt come yet scotty!
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PeNiNsula302:
check pm's marc

[Razz]
greekss
¯
Member # 4062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for greekss  Ford pictures for greekss    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree go buy a chevy.... j/k. Other than that i dunno i think best plan is to go Nitrous, but hey that just me, and from what ive seen *cough* *cough* 94-95 5.0s dont like it too much. But we shall see.
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Marc you don't want a chevy. Tell your brother that your truck could smoke him [Big Grin] . Just get some parts and try them out you can find a shit load of them used on this board and they aren't to hard to install
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by greekss:
I agree go buy a chevy.... j/k. Other than that i dunno i think best plan is to go Nitrous, but hey that just me, and from what ive seen *cough* *cough* 94-95 5.0s dont like it too much. But we shall see.

Costa if you knew jack shit you'd know that since my car was running 2* of timing the nitrous was there just couldn't feel it. when on the dyno the first run was at 112 next two on the jug were at 150. [Confused] Obviously way underpowered there was something wrong, but the nitrous was working. Found out that my timing was 8* lower than I wanted it which is why the car made no power. Got the car right finally but mom found out about the nitrous and I had to settle for a high 13 second car off the bottle. I believe these are the same times you are currently running and I spent less than 1/3 of what you spent on your car [Roll Eyes] When you learn something talk shit to me [patriot]

Marc ricky doesn't need an intake manifold, as you said you want bang for buck and right now that is not the intake manifold. I was arguing to proove my point. I prooved my point which is why there was no reply. You know how many different things I tried on my car and we know what worked and what didn't. If want to listen I'm glad to help whenever you need it, but if you want to waste $600 on an intake manifold for 2 tenths then post in the original post that you want to go least bang for buck instead of most. As Scott said this is me calm, you know how I get when I'm really heated [Wink]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have not replied because there is no point in arguing with someone who has so much experience [Roll Eyes]
someone who had to pay to get a nitrous kit installed when it is basically 3 wires [Roll Eyes]
if someone wants to buy "Edelbrock Performer II manifold with BBK pulley kit as well as BBK shorty headers and BBK X-Pipe exhaust system w/ high flow cats and 40 sereies 2-chamber flowmasters." why would you tell them to only buy a shiftkit and Xpipe? they obviously have a budget that can buy more than that. tell me, have you put an intake on a stock longblock 5.0?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

highofftiresmoke
¯
Member # 2159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for highofftiresmoke  Ford pictures for highofftiresmoke    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
add a tq converter, shift kit, slap on a smog legal blower, up your fuel, get sticky tires and call it a day.... [patriot]

--------------------
90 red lx - sold
90 white lx -sold
90 red gt - in progess and then for sale ...

Posts: 482 | From: san jose,ca | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
i have not replied because there is no point in arguing with someone who has so much experience [Roll Eyes]
someone who had to pay to get a nitrous kit installed when it is basically 3 wires [Roll Eyes]
if someone wants to buy "Edelbrock Performer II manifold with BBK pulley kit as well as BBK shorty headers and BBK X-Pipe exhaust system w/ high flow cats and 40 sereies 2-chamber flowmasters." why would you tell them to only buy a shiftkit and Xpipe? they obviously have a budget that can buy more than that. tell me, have you put an intake on a stock longblock 5.0?

Have you put a shift kit on a stock AODE [Confused] I don't know have the tools to install a nitrous kit and the ridiculuos deal i got on the kit included install so damn right I didn't do it myself. I told you if you want to proove a point you buy a 95 GT and I will and you do your intake and I'll do my X and shift kit and we'll race. he's not going to see as much power from the manifold as you do because of the transmission. As I said he wanted most bang for buck I gave it to him, he probably won't take it, he'll take your advice and cut his time to a 15.2 with the intake manifold, go for it Rick do his mod first and when your looking for more results and decide to finally get a shift kit let me know what did more. [patriot] I think it's been prooven that I'm just some babling idiot on this board that hasn't gone through mod after mod on a 95 and an 88. I'm glad you'll spend over $1000 to get your car to sit in the 14's rick. You'll probably be able to beat me since I have a stock manifold [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

-Me

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

quote:
Originally posted by highofftiresmoke:
add a tq converter, shift kit, slap on a smog legal blower, up your fuel, get sticky tires and call it a day.... [patriot]

[Whoo Whooooo!] [worship]

--------------------

-Me

greekss
¯
Member # 4062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for greekss  Ford pictures for greekss    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
quote:

Costa if you knew jack shit you'd know that since my car was running 2* of timing the nitrous was there just couldn't feel it. when on the dyno the first run was at 112 next two on the jug were at 150. [Confused] Obviously way underpowered there was something wrong, but the nitrous was working. Found out that my timing was 8* lower than I wanted it which is why the car made no power. Got the car right finally but mom found out about the nitrous and I had to settle for a high 13 second car off the bottle. I believe these are the same times you are currently running and I spent less than 1/3 of what you spent on your car [Roll Eyes] When you learn something talk shit to me [patriot]

Marc ricky doesn't need an intake manifold, as you said you want bang for buck and right now that is not the intake manifold. I was arguing to proove my point. I prooved my point which is why there was no reply. You know how many different things I tried on my car and we know what worked and what didn't. If want to listen I'm glad to help whenever you need it, but if you want to waste $600 on an intake manifold for 2 tenths then post in the original post that you want to go least bang for buck instead of most. As Scott said this is me calm, you know how I get when I'm really heated [Wink]

what are u runnin now with the bottle just curious.... funny how u were afraid to race marc and not me. Im currently runnin a 13.50 with a 2.4 60 foot (crappy). I cant hook up im on street tires, and my car is basically stock. My offer still stands i will race u for fun, not money. o btw im goin to the track today ill let u kno what i run [Cool] .... Im not tryin to start shit, ur actually pretty cool, its just there is an unwritten rule that i have to hate ford, j/k. For whats done to it ur car is fast ill give u that. [patriot]

--------------------
Slow- '00 FRC corvette- bone stock
Fast- '94 RT/10
Fastest- '02 camaro ss- bolt-ons + cam + white bottle of NX

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

can't go to the track. I hear they are being really strict with the NHRA shit this year in which case my car needs to have a roll bar for anything 13.99 and below [Roll Eyes] They'll just take one look at the bottle and send my ass packing [Mad] It's not even worth the drive up there and pay just to get booted [Frown] I was afraid of Marc cause I thought with the slicks and pulley he'd be a hell of a lot faster than a high 13, but obviously his heads keep getting fucked up so god only knows what that truck is truly capable of. I doubt this car will ever hit the track with me driving it, I'm 99.9% sure right now I'm selling it. I have to talk everything over with my parents and make sure this is ok. Right now looking at an 04 Cobra, 350Z or 05 GT. The 350 Z is largely my favorite right now. I have nothing left in my bottle and I can't afford to refill it right now cause I want to get a few things done to clean the car up a bit before I put it up for sale. my 95 was faster than shit for what was done to it. This car is in need of some aftermarket aluminum heads, it's got the shortblock, a mild cam, soon to have a hell of an intake manifold, all the bolt ons and a 100 shot, it just needs to find that extra 40+ horse from some AFR's. If you want to gofor some baseline shit try to run my brother's Z28. His car has everything except heads, cam, a rear end and a tranny. I think he'd take me on the jug but I'm not going to have a fan for a while so my car will only be sitting in the driveway for the next week at least. Hit me up...late [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Have you put a shift kit on a stock AODE [Confused] I don't know have the tools to install a nitrous kit and the ridiculuos deal i got on the kit included install so damn right I didn't do it myself. I told you if you want to proove a point you buy a 95 GT and I will and you do your intake and I'll do my X and shift kit and we'll race. he's not going to see as much power from the manifold as you do because of the transmission. As I said he wanted most bang for buck I gave it to him, he probably won't take it, he'll take your advice and cut his time to a 15.2 with the intake manifold, go for it Rick do his mod first and when your looking for more results and decide to finally get a shift kit let me know what did more. [patriot] I think it's been prooven that I'm just some babling idiot on this board that hasn't gone through mod after mod on a 95 and an 88. I'm glad you'll spend over $1000 to get your car to sit in the 14's rick. You'll probably be able to beat me since I have a stock manifold [Roll Eyes]

hey man, what are you trying to argue about? please read my posts again. i never even said a manifold would do more than a shift kit and H/X pipe. i think it might, but i never said that. all i suggested was getting an intake instead of headers and a catback. if you want to debate, that is the only thing i've said that could possibly spark one. why do you keep insisting on arguing about "dollar per dollar"? where did you get this idea when the guy listed over $1000 worth of parts he wanted to get? the guy wants to drop a nice chunk of money into his ride, tell me AGAIN why he should limit himself to an Xpipe and shift kit. i totally agree he should get a shift kit, i figured it was mentioned by other people already. the going rate for a cobra intake is $350. i swear, some people just want to argue for no reason. i already dropped the whole thing, but you just had to keep persisting.

[ March 06, 2004, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: HungryHippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
quote:

hey man, what are you trying to argue about? please read my posts again. i never even said a manifold would do more than a shift kit and H/X pipe. i think it might, but i never said that. all i suggested was getting an intake instead of headers and a catback. if you want to debate, that is the only thing i've said that could possibly spark one. why do you keep insisting on arguing about "dollar per dollar"? where did you get this idea when the guy listed over $1000 worth of parts he wanted to get? the guy wants to drop a nice chunk of money into his ride, tell me AGAIN why he should limit himself to an Xpipe and shift kit. i totally agree he should get a shift kit, i figured it was mentioned by other people already. the going rate for a cobra intake is $350. i swear, some people just want to argue for no reason. i already dropped the whole thing, but you just had to keep persisting.
If you knew the guy personally as I do you'd know he doesn't want to dump that much money into his car, he feels that he needs to do so to get where he wants the car to be but in reality he doesn't need to spend that much. The stock AODE takes so long to shift you can almost count a half a second that the car is not in gear. I'm sure you know what will do it for a T5 it's not hard because the respond well to everything. It's no use do any mods on an AODE until the tranny is up to par with some snappy shifts or else you won't feel the full effect of each mod. A $70 shift kit will give him a half a second and it will be a totally different car. Once he has this then other mods start to make sense because now the added speed will be more effective. He wnats bang for buck mods as he has previously posted and the intake manifold doesn't make sense right now with the current set up. The power is in your car rick, just give your tranny help finding it [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

its all good man, i love low budget shit. i respect a 14 second honda with boltons and a good driver more than a 12.9 second viper or something. look at me, i blew my intake manifold gaskets so i decided to pull my heads and port them even though i dont know what the hell i'm doing, lol. i totally feel you on giving people advice that you know and them not listening to you when you have been through it before... i still think he should get a shift kit, o/r H or X, AND a cobra intake though [Smile]

ps: i am drunk as fuck! i was at the bar tonight wearing an old all wind-up alarm clock on a rope around my neck [Eek!] pimp shit!

pss: dont forget a tranny cooler

[ March 07, 2004, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: HungryHippo ]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

greekss
¯
Member # 4062

Hey ryan why a change of heart, ur goin to get a nissan ? its all good, are u gettin a convertible ? I'm bored of the track and crap, all u do there is break crap. Like yesterday, i broke my 3rd geard synchro, so i shift 1st 2nd 4th lol... o well. I hope for all the stuff rick is gettin he wont start breakin stuff.

--------------------
Slow- '00 FRC corvette- bone stock
Fast- '94 RT/10
Fastest- '02 camaro ss- bolt-ons + cam + white bottle of NX

Stalkerstang
¯
Member # 4208

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for Stalkerstang  Ford pictures for Stalkerstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First off, why is everyone so angry?? I thank all for your replys to help me with what I want. HONESTLY THOUGH, I WILL BUY WHAT I WANT [Roll Eyes] First of all, I was planning on getting a shift kit for my car. I was a little skeptical on it becasue my tranny is still under warranty, but I've decided to get it. And yes, I know an intake WILL NOT do as much as it would with aftermarket cam/heads, but IT WILL do something with headers and an X-pipe. Im making the car fast enough for MYSELF. I don't care about who I can beat and can't becasue i know in all reality, THEIR WILL ALWAYS BE A FASTER CAR THEN YOURS OUT THEIR SOMEWHERE!! My car has the looks, but it doesn't have the performance (or at least enough performance for my taste [Embarrassed] ) so that is why Im gonna spend some $$ on it. I've done alot of research on all the shit Im gonna get, and I know after my car is finsihed, I should be happy wiht the results.
Posts: 16 | From: Belmont, Ca. | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

You will do what you want but please refrain from using the word research because looking at a summit catalog advertisement meant to sell you the part is not research. Congrats on your 37 horsepower gain [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

-Me

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

quote:
I agree go buy a chevy....

LOL coming from the guy who wants to sell his SS for an '03 cobra [Big Grin]
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

quote:
Hey ryan why a change of heart, ur goin to get a nissan ? its all good, are u gettin a convertible ? I'm bored of the track and crap, all u do there is break crap. Like yesterday, i broke my 3rd geard synchro, so i shift 1st 2nd 4th lol... o well. I hope for all the stuff rick is gettin he wont start breakin stuff.

Rick won't break anything with a shift kit, it can only improve his tranny, the less time it takes for the tranny to shift the less heat that builds up. If he gets and tanny cooler as well that is bigger than the stock one for $50 he will have a nice tranny for the track. The only ricky will need to worry about breaking at the track is his axles if he runs on slicks but even at that he really cn't launch it hard enough to do so unless he runs a trans brake but I don't think ricky is about to get a shift kit, trans brake, and torque convertor, it doesn't sounds like he looking for much power, just enough to drop into the 14's maybe high 13's [patriot]

Edit: oh and about the Nissan I'm just looking for a nicer car. swomething with a more comfortable driving position for my tall ass maybe I might even start looking at used SUV/Trucks like maybe and Escalade EXT or something like that. I'll keep you guys posted [patriot]

[ March 08, 2004, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: DropTopFox ]

--------------------

-Me

lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lightnings are the way to go! Wait til the 06s come out!
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

quote:
Originally posted by lightning89mg:
Lightnings are the way to go

yeah those are sick, stock they run high 13's and if you put on a pulley, cold air, an slicks they run high 13's!!

hehe jk marc [Big Grin]

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

quote:
Lightnings are the way to go! Wait til the 06s come out!

I thought about it but I really wouldn't use the bed for anything so it would be kind of a waste plus you already have one so why am I goign to buy the same thing that you have. I didn't realize I could afford one but I like Escalade EXT's and I could get a used one for around $35000, so I'm looking at those also right now along with the 350Z but I might wait for the 2005 tocome out. If I can't find anything that tickles my fancy then I will just get another AODE 94-95 and I have a few goals for it. If I can find a white Cadilac Escalade EXT for the right price I'm sure that's what I'll get [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

greekss
¯
Member # 4062

quote:
Originally posted by PeNiNsula302:
quote:
Lightnings are the way to go

yeah those are sick, stock they run high 13's and if you put on a pulley, cold air, an slicks they run high 13's!!

hehe jk marc [Big Grin]

Scotts a funny man [Big Grin] ....... and ya i would trade my SS in a heart beat for an '03 cobra or a Z06, o well. O i think rick should invest in a set of D/R's what do u guys think.
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ryan, your talking loike your 60 and ready to retire.. Your young go with speed and fun, why are you looking for like a family reliable car... And scott, when you do get a car, i am sure it will be fast! VRRRM!!!

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com