Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Scammed by a member of Cafords.com (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Scammed by a member of Cafords.com
Twinned331
¯
Member # 9657

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Twinned331  Ford pictures for Twinned331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just letting you guys know that I got scammed by a member on here (510 fifty) Chris. He sold me a 106mm turbo ($1500)that he said was a fresh rebuild from Garrett. I met him in person to pick up the turbo, where he told me that it was a fresh rebuild, and was sitting on his shelf for the last year. I checked the end play and that it spun freely, wich it did. After I got it home I took it apart and found both wheels to be totally trashed. You can read more about it on norcal1320.com http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191196196

I signed up here as a new member (fake name/location)because I saw he had a FS add for a Mustang MAC exhaust. I PM'd back and fourth with him and was going to meet up, but he got cold feet. He lives in Patterson and drives a black lifted ford with flames on the front. He also drives a black Ford fusion on 20's. He works at his moms club in San Leandro off E.14th st. His day's are numbered, he cant run forever. Hope your reading this Chris!!!

Just giving you guys a heads up since he is still trying to sell stuff online!!!

BTW- my name is Russ and I live in Los Banos. The pic's in my "just another newbee" post are real and a current project of mine.

[ December 31, 2009, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Twinned331 ]

--------------------
Sweet Dreams Chris!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol @ his signature.

I think this gentleman had some issues with some else a while back. But 1500 is a lot of bread in this down economy. Also can you post the pics here? Cant see them if you are not a member of 1320

But as they say here *gets popcorn*

[ December 31, 2009, 03:06 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

Twinned331
¯
Member # 9657

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Twinned331  Ford pictures for Twinned331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

-

--------------------
Sweet Dreams Chris!!!

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
God damn, that thing is fuckered

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy smoke!!! thats pretty bad...hey atleast you got all his contact info damn and pretty much his whole life info....good luck with getting your $ back, seriously...hope you get it back 1500 hundo is alot now adays...

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

Captain Obvious
¯
Member # 7842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Captain Obvious  Ford pictures for Captain Obvious    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cut up some card board and use JB weld and it should be good to go. jk

wow, 1500 is a lot, hope you get some type compensation.

[*]  -

--------------------
It's NOT illegal. It's just frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
by rebuild did you mean throw rocks at it? holy shit

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow that sucks

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That rebuild is super fah fah fressssh! Wicked!
E's 89COUPE
¯
Member # 6569

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for E's 89COUPE  Ford pictures for E's 89COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That calls for a personal visit and refund hope it all works out for you man

--------------------
SIDE JOBS PERFORMANCE & GENERAL MECHANIC 510-875-0502 EDDIE

2005 F150
89.LX COUPE
68.Cougar
89 civic HB

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You probably have too much to lose for a personal visit, as most of us on cafords do. I have heard a lot of problems with that guy but have no personal experience with him except the pedestal mount rockers he wanted to sell me without the bolts. I passed.

Anyway I think he should man up and split the cost of a rebuild with you.

Just my opinion tho and those are like assholes, I know.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would cause it to break up like that!??!
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If people are wondering 106mm turbo are not cheap, so $1500 for a used one is probably a lot cheaper than a new one.

[ December 31, 2009, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: racsirx ]

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is not the first shady instance we've heard of involving 510fifty.

he painted a members old school and did a horrible job with overspray everywhere. even spilled paint on his trailer.
he also kept another members catback and played hide and go seek for awhile.

avoid this guy at all costs.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SVTGOD
¯
Member # 8613

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGOD  Ford pictures for SVTGOD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He sounds like a real piece of shit

--------------------
R.I.P
Willie Guzman
my brother
1991 notchback
1997 cobra
2003 cobra

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn! WTF they rebuild it with a chainsaw?! Some foul ass mother fuckers out there! [Mad]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The mods on here should make it to where you can rate someone after a sell like eBay so new people who don't see the bad dealings with a person on gen talk thread don't get burned cuz of a shady character. There's alot of shady people on this site [Mad]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn you can get 10lb of boost outa that! damn who needs an air filter?

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
The mods on here should make it to where you can rate someone after a sell like eBay so new people who don't see the bad dealings with a person on gen talk thread don't get burned cuz of a shady character. There's alot of shady people on this site [Mad]

I agree with this as I'm sure most on this site do as well. Probably can't happen because of $$$.
So maybe instead, a sticky in the For Sale section with names of those that have a serious bad rep...

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats why i always check posts befor i buy from someone!!!!
this turbo was on a termy that blew sky high, i remember that from like last year!!!!
good luck, this dude seemed kinda slimie when i went out to his home last year!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^+10 [patriot]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

yup shady people some one sold me a core c4 talking about its a dynamic transmission that shit only had 1 red clutch the rest all stock
for $800 that shit was all fucked up thats why i learn my lesson. buy it new thats the best way to go
bye the way carma is a bitch.

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats not cool...people ruin great sites...we need to figure out a system for the sale section or just be very careful and thurough with purchases...like paperwork in big items like Turbos, if Garrett did a rebuild, you get a workorder, and provide that or ask for it before a purchase...just keep tabs on all the shady cats and if you have a bad rep, post their names/username on ur sig and we can all see who's good for stuff around here...sorry about that hopefully that fool doesnt skip town, we might have to get a rig and impound that truck he's got, i could use one for the snow ...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man, that's not cool at all.

+1 for a sticky in the for sale section.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com