Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Pitbulls (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Pitbulls
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.wimp.com/pitbull/

They're great with kids!

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It seems to me, that more often than not, pitbulls only become a problem when you get 2 or more of them together. I haven't seen or heard or one of these random attacks when it is only a single pit. [Confused]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
It seems to me, that more often than not, pitbulls only become a problem when you get 2 or more of them together. I haven't seen or heard or one of these random attacks when it is only a single pit. [Confused]

I think theres only one pitbull in this video the other is just some dumbass dog that leaves after a while but the pit is going for the kill obviously.

[ March 16, 2006, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Cobra5.0Jeep ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's two in the video...tan and a black/white one...

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a lot of debate over this issue.

I generally believe that most dog owners are too irresponsible to own a dog with this type of potential to hurt people, such as a pit or a rot.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am sure Drew can aggree with me on this. If you look at alot of the pit attacks. The owners are usually pieces of shit. They don't take a care of the dog, show the dog whats wrong and right. I know Mine and Drew's Buddy Will has a pit and she is one of the best dogs I have ever been around. Yeah she is protective of her home but doesn't get buck wild on people. My girlfriends son plays with her all the time and I don't have a worry in my head about the dog hurting him.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate pits...I have kids and that is some disturbing shit. And unfortunately the pit owners that I know and have known are real ignorant and do shit to make the dogs just damn crazy.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Someone posted this on another site about the "owner issue" in this video.

"From watching this video:

a. that looks like a decent DC neighborhood...due to the cops getting there pretty fast (lol) and the decent cars parked....and not some crackhead alley in a Spike Lee movie....where pitbulls are raised agressively.

b. that lady didn't appear to be a bad owner because otherwise the dogs would have been scared of their abusive owner and her commands rather than keep attacking the kids. we hear other pitbulls escaping their yard and attacking children with the owners not being around usually.

c. the 2nd kid (7 yr. old) just stayed there and didn't run like hell after seeing the first kid (13 yr. old) getting chased over 2 cars and over a fence....this leads me to believe that these dogs were friendly neighborhood dogs that these kids probably knew and maybe have played with before....supporting (b.). just that they went crazy that day.

but the difference seems to be, when pitbull goes crazy, they go for the kill vs. other family raised dogs that do not."

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Plain and simple:

a.) they are powerful enough to kill humans and other dogs
b.) they are animals and like most animals, sometimes their behavior cannot be predicted or explained (shoot, even my cats will bite and scratch me once in a while for no reason but they are too small and weak to really hurt me)
c.) many owners are too irresponsible and inconsistent to own powerful dogs
d.) for many people these dogs have become a status symbol for toughness or respect.

Combine all these reasons and I do not want my family or myself to be exposed to them.

My neighbor has one and it makes us feel very uncomfortable because he never takes it outside and the dog is never exposed to people.

There should be extra measures taken for people to legally own these dogs such as mandatory classes that must be completed which illustrate owner responsibility/liability/punishment or having to get some sort of liscence.

[ March 16, 2006, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At the same time what do you expect when humans bread a dog that was gona used for hunting wild boar and bringing down cows. They were bread to Bite a cow on the nose and wrestle it to the ground. That takes some freaking strength. my cousin was malled by a Rot when she was young. So I mean there are a lot of mean dogs out there.

Also you don't kno what those kids were doing to the dogs before the video started or atleast what the older boy was doing cause the other kid wasn't doing anything.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man as a pit owner this shit can get to me so i apologize early if at any time I get flamed.

Pits were recognized by the AKC as the FAMILY dog to get in the 50's. They are great, loyal, extremely loving and all they want to do is make the owner happy with them and have as much fun as they can with the energy they have. They are the worlds strongest dogs pound for pound and stubborn( think in the head) but extremely intelligent and cunning. It takes a responsible owner and a loving family with lots of exercise and playtime, but the reward is a extremely loyal and loving friend! My 65 lb female is great with my neice and nephews. My neice is only 2!!! They love to play together!

-

[ March 16, 2006, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Plain and simple:

a.) they are powerful enough to kill humans and other dogs
b.) they are animals and like most animals, sometimes their behavior cannot be predicted or explained (shoot, even my cats will bite and scratch me once in a while for no reason but they are too small and weak to really hurt me)
c.) many owners are too irresponsible and inconsistent to own powerful dogs
d.) for many people these dogs have become a status symbol for toughness or respect.

Combine all these reasons and I do not want my family or myself to be exposed to them.

My neighbor has one and it makes us feel very uncomfortable because he never takes it outside and the dog is never exposed to people.

There should be extra measures taken for people to legally own these dogs such as classes or liscencing.

Yeah extra measures to own one would be a better idea then to try to just get rid of the bread all together.

--------------------

SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
n8y8 if you ever come over to get parts i will show you my dogs, i have 2 pitbulls and i would put them with kids any day. that owner is a piece of shit she just stood there for one, and 2 her dogs should have been on a leash. i wont walk both my dogs at the same time so i definatley believe that girl in the video shouldnt have either. pitbulls just get a bad rep its all about how you train them. i hate stupid ass people who start crying and sterio typeing the whole breed when not every pitbull is like that. people always want to say yea they have lock jaws and bull shit like taht they are not robots.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting stuff about pits.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull#Dog_bite_statistics

I do agree that it is primarily irresponsible owners. But what I did learn in Micro-Biology is that some animals/specimen/species possess a substantial chemical in-balance that makes them more vicious and subsceptable to attack. Almost like hereditary bi-polar disorders or what have you in humans. The killer instinct, short fuse temper and the instinct to go for the juggular (not matter the animal) is inherant in pits. Some argue this, but I have read quite a few case studies on this and wrote papers on it in Uni it does exist. I firmly believe that all pits are ticking time-bombs. But they are not the only species of canine with this.

[ March 16, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SO you guys know, do to breeders and back yard breeding and such there are now around 18 breeds refered to as PIT BULL, Heridity plays a big role in this dog just like every other dog

[ March 16, 2006, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: mustanggt5091 ]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wish i could post picks up my dogs my male is 7 months soon to be 8 and he wighed 67 pounds on the vet scale yesterday, not sure about the female she was 65 3 weeks ago and shes 8 months soon to be 9. i know people with pitbulls and they are crazy, its definatly how you raise them, my dogs are so behaved with people they just want to lick the shit out of you. people that are on this board that have come over to my house and seen my dogs know that that they are good and would never hurt anyone.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:

It takes a responsible owner and a loving family with lots of exercise and playtime, but the reward is a extremely loyal and loving friend!

That is the issue.
Many people are not responsible, loving, nor dedicate any time to the pit.
The energy that these dogs can pack can then be focused in negative ways and people get hurt

--------------------
Stangless

N8
¯
Member # 6048

MustangGT

I think the AKC is looking at the breed in general. Which covers a very large area of terriers and bulldogs. And when you look at it like that then yea. But the American-ized version is bread different, thus different build in general. And yes it is bad that the good pit owners have become a minority and the animal gets a bad rap in general. But it isnt without merit. But I have seen studies on the dogs that really dont get leaked because it is not federally funded or meets peta standards but those dogs are 1 can short of a six pack. But then again so is my pomerainian. But I doubt he would kill anything. The fact that pits can kill just about any animal is pretty damn scary.

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

luke you definatley bring up good points the dogs definatley need to be socialized and not kept locked up, i feel any dogs is like a gun it can be misused by ignorant people.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

It always greatly annoys me when people will write an essay on how their pit would never hurt anyone because it is so nice and sweet and great with kids.

YOUR DOG IS NOT WHAT THIS IS ABOUT Nobody is doubting that your Pit, which was brought up exposed to people, with love, and lots of discipline, is the best dog ever.

The issue is Pitbulls as a breed and what they have the potential to do if owned by someone irresponsible and allowed to run around carelessly without a leash.

These are territorial animals, like most dogs. Totally normal. They just happen to have more ability to protect their territory than the common cocker spaniel. A dog does not have the ability to reason like a human. If it thinks that the 7 year old boy is threatening it, its owner, or its property, you or I may have a difficult time predicting what the outcome may be.

I don't want to ever be in a position to have to find out what the outcome is.

[ March 16, 2006, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

the issue here is any dog can be dangerouse with a careless owner, no dog pitbull or not she be walked with out a leash. its people like you that give them a bad name crying oh they are so powerful they will turn on you. boo hoo. i dont care what breed it is adog is going to protect its owner no matter what. that boy would have never been bitten if the dog was on the leash.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
its people like you that give them a bad name crying oh they are so powerful they will turn on you. boo hoo.

I thought we were having a mature debate here. You just shit on this thread with the above comment. Typical close-minded "my dog can do no wrong" pitbull owner.

I'm done here.

--------------------
Stangless

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

im glad your done here, mature comment this post is not about your dogs. just cause i want to talk about my dogs and someone wants to show pics of there doesnt mean shit. i didnt know this was your post and we could only talk about what you want. open forum here buddy.
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
the issue here is any dog can be dangerouse with a careless owner, no dog pitbull or not she be walked with out a leash. its people like you that give them a bad name crying oh they are so powerful they will turn on you. boo hoo. i dont care what breed it is adog is going to protect its owner no matter what. that boy would have never been bitten if the dog was on the leash.

what everybody has posted are FACTS please find me ONE FACT that says pitbulls are like every other dog..... you wont find one because THEY ARE NOT. They are genetic killing machines. Thier jaw structure is DESIGNED FOR KILLING! I have seen some great pits who are nice but the fact is that they are testosteron driven animals.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

heres a fact for you they have 4 legs bark, can be your best friend and can protect yuor family. thats what a dog is. damn so i have 2 big ass killing machines in my bac yard oh no some one come areast me. killing machines grow up.

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com