Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Make me a believer... (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Make me a believer...
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The main reason why I think you don't get the hype ,on bay rap ,or even rap from sac ,is you didn't grow up here ,you grew up in SoCal when SoCal rap was pretty much dead. so you had to listen to pop rap ,bubble gum rap ,stuff that got radio play . so that's why I don't think you get or even like the stuff that came from northern Cali ,dre from the early 90s and all music that came from northern Cali was on a whole other level ,its where a lot of slang came from ,it was ahead of the music that was out all over. but it's what you like nobody is going to talk you into what why and how on this hype shit either you do or don't plain and simple, it's also a pride thing as well a lot of people take pride in the fact dre and a lot of these rappers are local and talked about real shit that was happening locally .. Just my .02

[ July 06, 2012, 05:14 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your taste in music is "your" taste in music..simple either you like dre or you don't
Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaehow23:
Eminem, Joe Budden, Joell Ortiz, Stack Bundles, Drake, Clipse (mostly Pusha T.) Ross, Meek Mill, Game, Bun B, Chris Brown, Usher, Justin (Timberlake and Beiber) Jay-z, Kanye, Joey Marx, Freck Billionaire, Fabolous, Jadakiss, Styles, Beans, Freeway

just to name a few.

I don't really like Bay Area style music...minus a few songs.

I like a good few of the people on your list, but most of them dudes aint even real, or even talkin about shit other than all their famous money and drugs, and the same shit all other rappers talk about but dont be real about it..

I used to like eminem, now he's too fuckin depressing
joe budden is wack
joell ortiz has a few coo songs i like
never heard of stack bundlez
Drake is gay as fuck, but has a few coo songs.
I like clipse
Ross is fake but he makes coo trap music. I fuck with trap music lol
Meek mill is a coo spitta, i dont really listen to him.
Game is good
Bun B is dope, but ima say i always preferred pimp c's flow better. RIP..
Chris brown's weak.
Usher sounds like a girl now especially
Justin T, when combined with timbo is a guaranteed pop slap,
but did you really say you like beiber?? no comment
Jay-z is a legend but not my style.
I liked Kanye's old shit, but I think he let fame get to his head, now his shit aint always appealing to me.
Fab is dope, sometimes, sometimes he's alright. the other dudes are coo.

there im done, i was bored so i went through your list and gave my opinion..
[patriot]

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone that says Budden and Em are whack, or you don't listen anymore..I don't respect their opinion on music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpaAugvpsPg

--------------------
Instagram: Raiderjoey
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang
www.soundcloud.com/raiderjoey

Posts: 1001803 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bet you dont like richie rich or spice 1, or 3x crazy, rbl posse, none of that, not enough rhyming names, of famous people with objects based on the last name.
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raiderjoey  Ford pictures for Raiderjoey  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
never listened, but since you named them...I'll more than likely pass on their work.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

I never said EM was wack, i said his shit is too depressing i miss the old eminem where he was controversial, and funny, and also had his real side...now you dont really hear too much of the cool shit. everytime i listen to ems latest shit, im like damn, this nigga needs to get back on some drugs or somethin. way to depressing.

joe budden is just not my style, and to me he is wack, always has been i respect the underground flow, but im not fan.. he's corny to me.

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

quote:
never listened, but since you named them...I'll more than likely pass on their work.

Lol dont try to make it personal cause you listen to some weak shit, thats good bay music you passin on.

I guess bottom line is, you dont fuck with west coast music outside of what was on the radio in the 90's and early 2000's. its that plain and simple. not surpising. [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ July 06, 2012, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: BlackBrad 96pacgreen ]

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by BlackBrad 96pacgreen:
quote:

Lol dont try to make it personal cause you listen to some weak shit, thats good bay music you passin on.
you must've overlooked what I said...

Em is the greatest lyricist of all time. Hands down. Old material or new.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

but what really concerns me is you never even heard of them?? or listened to them?? thats scary to know that your a west coast artist, with no knowledge of west coast music outside of la...even if your not makin west coast music.
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

quote:
quote:
quote:

you must've overlooked what I said...

Em is the greatest lyricist of all time. Hands down. Old material or new.

LOL you must have overlooked what I said, i never said he wasnt a great lyricist, that is plain to see, but his material is fallin off in terms of what made him dope. thats just my opinion.. em is an excellent lyricist, love em's old shit... just his new shit is at a different level of just constant sadness it seems.
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:

I guess bottom line is, you dont fuck with west coast music outside of what was on the radio in the 90's and early 2000's.

you're right...and I'm fine with it.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
but what really concerns me is you never even heard of them?? or listened to them?? thats scary to know that your a west coast artist, with no knowledge of west coast music outside of la...even if your not makin west coast music.

I was raised in the LA area (ages 1-17) I was born on Mather AFB, and live here now. So there you go.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

hey but check this out, since I can tell your into clever word play and shit, ima pm you some music and want u to tell me your honest opinion.
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
hey but check this out, since I can tell your into clever word play and shit, ima pm you some music and want u to tell me your honest opinion.

definitely.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn j smdh! Finna head to your house with an 8th and a 5th of hennessy

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
listen to my boy Timothy Rhyme outta sac since you seem to be more into MC's its hard to compare Em to Mac Dre they rap but are not the same it like comparing a country singer vs rnb they both sin but two totallly differnt

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Locksmith is just as good as Em if you wanna get into Lyrics.
I wish those two would go all in on a song together, produced by someone sick like Pete Rock, Primo, Dre........ cause THAT would be a classic. [patriot]

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Harlows tomorow at 10pm Eemmcee battle my boy Timoty Rhyme up ther DJ epik too

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Raiderjoey
¯
Member # 11230

quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
I wish those two would go all in on a song together, produced by someone sick like Pete Rock, Primo, Dre........ cause THAT would be a classic. [patriot]

now Lock is dope. I follow the battle rap stuff as well. he's nice. but not fuckin with Em.

--------------------
RAIDER NATION
Capital Mustang

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I know what you mean 04 S281 everyone nowadays started listening to him AFTER he died. I know I used to listen to him way back in the day when my older bro used to listen to it. Still always listen to his music, never get tired of it.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18536 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

i listened to dre, when i was going into middle school, livin in richmond everyone was bumpin that shit.
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People used to play his music at our bon fires out in the country. He definitely crossed over with a lot of different type of people.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:

now Lock is dope. I follow the battle rap stuff as well. he's nice. but not fuckin with Em.
Locksmith is nice. He defintely has talent, but is he on the same level as Shady? FUCK NAH!

Primo, Pete Rock, Dre [worship] [worship] [worship]

What about Alchemist tho? [Eek!] Best beat maker hands down IMO [worship]

[ July 06, 2012, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
88FOX
¯
Member # 9969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88FOX  Ford pictures for 88FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No one can touch eminems word play or delivery I'm sorry. End of story.

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com