Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » One step closer to my new house (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: One step closer to my new house
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by CAMD FOX:
You would have been better off in literally any other neighboring town. Oakley, Brentwood, even Pittsburg.

The house that I'm trying to get is pretty close to the border of Antioch and Brentwood

--------------------
2013 GT500 Deep Impact Blue # 2878
2013 5.0 with TrackPack - Sold
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3
1989 5.0 LX Convertible - Sold

Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Z06-FTMFW:
Congrats bro.... I drive an hour to work and its not that bad. I'll be will worth it!!!

I agree 💯

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
quote:
You would have been better off in literally any other neighboring town. Oakley, Brentwood, even Pittsburg.

The house that I'm trying to get is pretty close to the border of Antioch and Brentwood
by home depot/lowes?
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
antioch is a dump man, drive by deer valley after school, I hope you dont have kids antioch school dist is garbage. crime ridden dump of a town...

My kids go to private school in the city and I'm going to try and maintain that...

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

quote:
quote:
quote:

by home depot/lowes?
Yes

--------------------
2001 GT Convertible
2012 Focus SE MK3

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I drive 3 hours to commute. I've learned languages on audio books. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I pity the sucker that drives 20 minutes and spends time with his family. What a sucker.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

by home depot/lowes?
Yes
if you're gonna drive them to school in the city, plan on leaving at 5-530 to get there on time. The concord commute is way shorter and I have to leave at 6 to get my daughter to school on time near Glen Park Bart.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:
quote:
Originally posted by i:
Rip Woodie

Lol anyone else? No? Guess not haha
I knew what he meant....
Bury me on east 18th st
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

That's of the worst areas to buy at.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
quote:

You might be thinking of Lowes on Summersville. My fiancés parents used to live near Celias and that is a jacked up neighborhood. Glad they moved.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sic70stang:
I drive 3 hours to commute. I've learned languages on audio books. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I pity the sucker that drives 20 minutes and spends time with his family. What a sucker.

lol. spending time and short drives are over-rated for sure...sitting on my ass like a truck driver for extended period of times while i listen to sports radio is what i live for...lol

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You might be thinking of Lowes on Summersville. My fiancés parents used to live near Celias and that is a jacked up neighborhood. Glad they moved.
The Hillcrest area is hood.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, the home depot/lowes on the border of brentwood, off of lonetree, is as ghetto/section 8 infested as it gets
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, the home depot/lowes on the border of brentwood, off of lonetree, is as ghetto/section 8 infested as it gets
Didn't know that. Never really been on that side of Lone Tree or to that shopping center.

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! some of you guys think any place where you see more that one person of color is ghetto.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
LOL! some of you guys think any place where you see more that one person of color is ghetto.

No, I think when two year olds run in dirty diapers by themselves around the neighborhood, Where there are power wheel escalades on the sidewalk with no wheels, where cars drive 40 through a residential with no windows, where a robbery occurs at least weekly(just the neighborhood, not city), trust me I could care or less that they all were black. Yes I have pictures of some of the jungle like activity
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

not too mention the trash all over, the groups smoking dope all hours of the night, ton and tons of little welfare kids jumping on random cars....its just a run down scum area.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/11/11/what-are-the-bay-areas-10-safest-and-most-dangerous-cities/

Looks like Antioch is only "slightly" more dangerous than San Francisco where the homes are 1 million for a dump with no yard. Everyone has to start off somewhere. If you can get a house that you somewhat like in a neighborhood that is half way decent go for it. Nobody says you have to stay there forever. Make it your starter home and in a few years get something better. What your doing is better than spending money on a depreciating item like a mustang and living in an apt or renting. or living at home with mommy and daddy like some of these other people.. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2014/11/11/what-are-the-bay-areas-10-safest-and-most-dangerous-cities/

Looks like Antioch is only "slightly" more dangerous than San Francisco where the homes are 1 million for a dump with no yard. Everyone has to start off somewhere. If you can get a house that you somewhat like in a neighborhood that is half way decent go for it. Nobody says you have to stay there forever. Make it your starter home and in a few years get something better. What your doing is better than spending money on a depreciating item like a mustang and living in an apt or renting. or living at home with mommy and daddy like some of these other people.. [Roll Eyes]

Im just giving this guy some first hand, no biased facts, what you can live with, some cant. I know that my family deserved better than straight slums, its third world like...ill post pics later...i am talking that area specifically....junk, garbage,section 8, sleezy...
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:

No, I think when two year olds run in dirty diapers by themselves around the neighborhood, Where there are power wheel escalades on the sidewalk with no wheels, where cars drive 40 through a residential with no windows, where a robbery occurs at least weekly(just the neighborhood, not city), trust me I could care or less that they all were black. Yes I have pictures of some of the jungle like activity
You just described almost 90% of the cities in the bay area. almost every city has low income housing. your going to find some areas like that in almost every city. And who said anything about black folks? People of color could be anyone non white [Razz]

--------------------

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

I am saying black, because they all were.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:

LOL! Where do you live now?

--------------------

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
quote:

LOL! Where do you live now?
lol, no kidding man. My best friend, basically family(black) grew up in detroit,then the el pueblo projects in pittsburg, I brought him out there while I was moving, he said hes never seen"hillbilly" negros in his life, it was foreign to him aswell. Im sure you never lived in this area im speaking on so how can you speak on it?
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
quote:
quote:

You just described almost 90% of the cities in the bay area. almost every city has low income housing. your going to find some areas like that in almost every city. And who said anything about black folks? People of color could be anyone non white [Razz]
and btw, im talking about section 8, not low income housing, they had no income, no jobs, lol never seen them up before noon
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

To be more specific the house im looking at is on bellflower off of larkspur. It seems like a cool neighborhood. I was there in the late evening and i didnt see any jungle like activity....lol...its 5beds and 3 baths with 2800 sq ft for 390.....

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com