Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » One step closer to my new house (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: One step closer to my new house
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by PonyBoy415:
To be more specific the house im looking at is on bellflower off of larkspur. It seems like a cool neighborhood. I was there in the late evening and i didnt see any jungle like activity....lol...its 5beds and 3 baths with 2800 sq ft for 390.....

Thats not too close to the brentwood border, but that area is nicer imo, congrats
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah i was confused ive seen so many places.
Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
LOL! some of you guys think any place where you see more that one person of color is ghetto.

trash is trash an doesn't matter there color of there skin. An just for your info I grew up in Pittsburg an Antioch so I have first hand experience
with the hood spots in both towns.

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its crazy the conditions people are willing to live in just so they can stay in the "bay area". A ghetto ass slum house in the bay area will be an upperclass 2 story house here in Roseville.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
Its crazy the conditions people are willing to live in just so they can stay in the "bay area". A ghetto ass slum house in the bay area will be an upperclass 2 story house here in Roseville.

Roseville is not that nice of place to live.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats again man. A lot people talked shit. but it dont matter u make your home yours and raise your kids right. I moved to lathrop its next to tracy and manteca i was somewhat worried at first being that we are close to stockton. But man lathrop is so small and such a quiet place i could not any happier plus we are next door to the nice side of manteca. Bay area is just so dawn pricey not even funny. Even if i was making 200k a year i would not buy an old house for 700k in the bay.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
PonyBoy415
¯
Member # 13662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PonyBoy415  Ford pictures for PonyBoy415    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
Congrats again man. A lot people talked shit. but it dont matter u make your home yours and raise your kids right. I moved to lathrop its next to tracy and manteca i was somewhat worried at first being that we are close to stockton. But man lathrop is so small and such a quiet place i could not any happier plus we are next door to the nice side of manteca. Bay area is just so dawn pricey not even funny. Even if i was making 200k a year i would not buy an old house for 700k in the bay.

Thank you sir
Posts: 356 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2014  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_28192745/years-growing-crime-weigh-antioch-residents

Currently there is a hostage situation at the gas station after a car accident and subsequent car jacking. Fyi

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Antioch is a dump! so is Pittsburgh and Bay point. People buy houses there because they see a big house vs a smaller house for the same price in a way nicer area/city. With that 390k price you could have bought a smaller home with maybe 1200 sq. feet in a nicer area than Antioch. Good luck to you anyway. I personally would prefer a small home for the same price in a better city. No commute and not worried about being a victim of the streets.

--------------------
To be or not to be

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of My family still lives in Antioch & just last night forgot to bring their computer in the car for a couple hours and came out to a broken window & the inside off the car had been run through. It's a nice looking neighborhood & no old cars parked around ect. And My buddy a couple weeks ago ran into get some food there during the day and someone smashed His truck window in to grab a bag with baseball equipment in it. I grew up in that town back before it went to hell and would say driving Your kids to a different city for school and parking any decent car anywhere in town is a must! If You do manage to gain some decent equity in that home take it and run before the prices do because in worse economic times prices there can drop 60-70%!

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not a town to raise a family, I dont care what anyone says. Its junk period, every part. I am done sugarcoating it. OP sell it before you move in.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! There are worse places to live. You guys act like he is buying a house in Compton [Razz]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
LOL! There are worse places to live. You guys act like he is buying a house in Compton [Razz]

Your rite there is always someplace worse. I sold real estate there for around 10 years and the time to buy in Antioch was 4-6 years ago when prices dropped by 60-70% and now You could have took a good chunk of change and moved west. Honestly the OP is making a better move by purchasing, at least He will get a tax write off now. Hope it works out well for the OP.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the worst thing that ever happened to us in Antioch (brand new 2000 sq ft + houses at that time) was that all the houses in our court had their windows smashed out in the middle of the night with rocks, flower pots, etc. that was near Bellflower and Hillcrest. Sucks seeing your kids afraid to go near the windows. At that was back around 2002. I'd def try to get a nice smaller house in a nicer area. But you never know, you may get lucky and not be affected or notice anything.

[ 2015-05-27, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

you havent been to compton lately... i would take a house in compton over antioch anyday. compton has changed alot since the nwa days.... jus sayin
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
http://www.contracostatimes.com/breaking-news/ci_28192745/years-growing-crime-weigh-antioch-residents

Currently there is a hostage situation at the gas station after a car accident and subsequent car jacking. Fyi

An the suspect is from newerk.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:

nice standards [Roll Eyes]
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wrong place to post bro someone will always find negative things to say about something you DO...being fortunate enough to be able to purchase a house is a accomplishment regardless congrats and I hope it all works out

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:
Wrong place to post bro someone will always find negative things to say about something you DO...being fortunate enough to be able to purchase a house is a accomplishment regardless congrats and I hope it all works out

I don't think anyone here is trying to be negative, I think everyone is just trying to help out someone who is not familiar with the area.

I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm planning on moving to Indianapolis in August but looking for a place is hard since I've only been out there one time and I'm not familiar with what are good areas or not. I find what looks like a really good deal all the time but once I do more research, I find it's a really shitty area to live. It would be nice if I knew someone out there that could tell me what's a good buy or not.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd rather live in the shittiest house in a great neighborhood than the nicest house in a bad area.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by Boss 327:
quote:
Originally posted by moeofit32:

I don't think anyone here is trying to be negative, I think everyone is just trying to help out someone who is not familiar with the area.

I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm planning on moving to Indianapolis in August but looking for a place is hard since I've only been out there one time and I'm not familiar with what are good areas or not. I find what looks like a really good deal all the time but once I do more research, I find it's a really shitty area to live. It would be nice if I knew someone out there that could tell me what's a good buy or not.

Exactly, my first home purchase was in antioch, seemed like a good deal BUT it was hell. Jungle animals would of been better neighbors. I know some people(east bay 50) can live/mingle with these kind of people, but last time I checked I am full human, there is no jungle animal in my blood.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:

So where exactly do you live? Do you own a home?
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.t0es:
quote:

So where exactly do you live? Do you own a home?
Yes, I do actually, And Although I will not disclose location, I can guarantee you its a very nice neighborhood. Listen, some of you guys can pull race cards, blame it on racial profiling etc. The fact is antioch is scum, I just gave the op fair warning that he needs to be VERY cautious, especially having kids. Most of antioch is crime ridden, dirt scum.
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

FACTS, Check the city data. nuff said.
See how dangerous Antioch, CA is compared to nearest cities:
(Note: Higher means more crime)
Antioch:
Oakley:
Pittsburg:
Brentwood:
Clayton:
Concord:
Rio Vista:
Walnut Creek:
Pleasant Hill:

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Antioch-California.html#ixzz3bSL966Mq

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

over double the violent crime rate avg for the usa? yea sign me up ill take 2
Violent crime rate in 2012
Antioch:
U.S. Average:

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Antioch-California.html#ixzz3bSLpkg5A

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com