Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bike to work day (Page 2)

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Bike to work day
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
lol@ the last 10 replies or so,
I'm up for the 20 mile each way trip to work, I've done it a few times before, but dealing with road ragers makes it pretty unsafe, it's ridiculous out there near freeway onramps/offramps.

Yes it is, my little friend, yes it is... [Mad]
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo:
Jesus christ, what the hell is wrong with riding your bike to work!!? Some of you guys are fuckin sick, you dont even know the guy and your saying your gonna run him over!!!? [Mad] [Mad] Just in case you hadnt noticed, gasoline is a NON-renewable(or at least a very slowly renewable) resource and I'd think that while YOU may not want to ride your bike you may want to encourage others to instead of telling them that your going to run them down with your car. Admittedly SOME road bikers blow thru lights and and violate other traffic laws but, most road bikers espically commuters ride safely. I'm sorry so many of you seem to have so much trouble navigating around bicyclists but, bikers pay taxes and have just as much right to their portion of the road as any car.

cobraracer46-Way to go man! Sounds like a pretty long ride(SF to Marin), and dealing with asshole drivers makes it sound even worse. I know i'd probably make it to work at about when it was time to go home, commuting on my bike.

get off the bike and loosen up your spandex. if that aint it, your helmet is on too tight.

--------------------
'88 Mustang Coupe: 8.02 @ 170

Posts: 3887 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to start a war with every body and get get off on the wrong foot so to speak over a post.It is unfortunate that some members have issues about cyclists. I happen to think that this post and biking are NOT GAY. Any body who spends any time road racing knows that being in shape is an advantage and plenty of F1 and Champ car drivers bike regulary for that reason so I guess they must be gay too. [BS flag] If some poeple want to respond with negetivity, They need to back it up with some facts. When ever I talk trash about a Camaro for example,I provide facts like " they suck because there is a big hump on the pass floor for the cat converter and you need to drop the rear axel housing in order to install a high flow pump" Even though I hate Camaro's, I wouldn't go so far as to call a Chevy driver a Fag so Let's bury the hatchets, ok? Peace [patriot]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
3 more days till the run over the most pedal pussies contest the nx kit is still up for grabs.

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Team SOLO:
quote:
Jesus christ, what the hell is wrong with riding your bike to work!!? Some of you guys are fuckin sick, you dont even know the guy and your saying your gonna run him over!!!? [Mad] [Mad] Just in case you hadnt noticed, gasoline is a NON-renewable(or at least a very slowly renewable) resource and I'd think that while YOU may not want to ride your bike you may want to encourage others to instead of telling them that your going to run them down with your car. Admittedly SOME road bikers blow thru lights and and violate other traffic laws but, most road bikers espically commuters ride safely. I'm sorry so many of you seem to have so much trouble navigating around bicyclists but, bikers pay taxes and have just as much right to their portion of the road as any car.

cobraracer46-Way to go man! Sounds like a pretty long ride(SF to Marin), and dealing with asshole drivers makes it sound even worse. I know i'd probably make it to work at about when it was time to go home, commuting on my bike.

get off the bike and loosen up your spandex. if that aint it, your helmet is on too tight.
Well, wouldnt be caught dead in spandex, as for the old brain bucket, who knows. I'm actually a mountain biker and try to avoid riding around cars but just dont find even joking about running people down (espically some guy you dont know) all that funny. Just a suggestion but, possibly the old, "well buddy I dont ride but thats cool that you do" would have been more appropriate.

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Team SOLO  Ford pictures for Team SOLO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
I don't want to start a war with every body and get get off on the wrong foot so to speak over a post.It is unfortunate that some members have issues about cyclists. I happen to think that this post and biking are NOT GAY. Any body who spends any time road racing knows that being in shape is an advantage and plenty of F1 and Champ car drivers bike regulary for that reason so I guess they must be gay too. [BS flag] If some poeple want to respond with negetivity, They need to back it up with some facts. When ever I talk trash about a Camaro for example,I provide facts like " they suck because there is a big hump on the pass floor for the cat converter and you need to drop the rear axel housing in order to install a high flow pump" Even though I hate Camaro's, I wouldn't go so far as to call a Chevy driver a Fag so Let's bury the hatchets, ok? Peace [patriot]

i apologize for not stating facts

fact: homos wear spandex
fact: bikers wear spandex
deductive logic: bikers are homos

fact: you started a post about gay pride on thurs
fact: we clowned gay pride on thursday
deductive logic: attack the 'pedal pussy pride parade'

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
3 more days till the run over the most pedal pussies contest the nx kit is still up for grabs.

[worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey you cant call a camaro owner a fag he isnt the one riding a gay ass bike to work on thursday. Pedal pussies never learn must be the seat shoved so far up their ass.

[ May 12, 2003, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: BOUNTY HUNTER VERT ]

--------------------

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

rainbow your way to work day on thursday...tuck your sack, throw on them spandex, put those wrap around sunglasses/goggles on, that multi colored pointy helmet on...and let the games begin.

--------------------

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FACT: they ride slow in the middle of the road
FACT: they dont move out of the way
DEDUCTIVE LOGIC: Move them yourself

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well, wouldnt be caught dead in spandex, as for the old brain bucket, who knows. I'm actually a mountain biker and try to avoid riding around cars but just dont find even joking about running people down (espically some guy you dont know) all that funny. Just a suggestion but, possibly the old, "well buddy I dont ride but thats cool that you do" would have been more appropriate.
Kinda like my first post? [Embarrassed]

Anyways were not here to argue and fight everyone is just having a good time, the spandex guy knows were joking around no harm done. [Smile]

--------------------
Support our troops!

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

2 more days!!!!!! [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by BOUNTY HUNTER VERT:
2 more days!!!!!! [burnout] [burnout] [burnout]

me: [burnout]
biker: [Whoo Whooooo!]
biker when i'm done: [dance]

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I mountain bike a lot on the streets and never once put on spandex. I know I'm not alone...

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

[worship] [burnout] [dance]

--------------------

MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was up in Castro Valley today and they were having a big ass bike ride thing. It made me think of this thread....lol, they all had spandex on with the pointy helmets. You guys are mean [Wink]

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ya shoulda started building points early and driven over all of those pedal pussies. [worship] [burnout] [dance]

--------------------

THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:

i apologize for not stating facts

fact: homos wear spandex
fact: bikers wear spandex
deductive logic: bikers are homos

fact: you started a post about gay pride on thurs
fact: we clowned gay pride on thursday
deductive logic: attack the 'pedal pussy pride parade'

Thats some funny ass shit!! [Big Grin]
I almost hit one of those spandex guys today, do I still get points for attempting to try? Of course I scared this shit out of him, when I honked like a mother fu**** at him [Big Grin]

[patriot]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
I mountain bike a lot on the streets and never once put on spandex. I know I'm not alone...

so you have only partially come out of the closet. wear your spandex tomorrow...wear em and wear em proud. i better wait to get my exhaust done, dont want you to hear me [burnout] up on ya [Smile]

--------------------

Team SOLO
Chevy Powered Stang
Member # 722

god damn, they even have commericials for this bike day thing tomorrow...guess its bigger than i thought

BIKE DAY TOMORROW

--------------------

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by J's 4AXLR8N:
I almost hit one of those spandex guys today, do I still get points for attempting to try? Of course I scared this shit out of him, when I honked like a mother fu**** at him [Big Grin]

[patriot] [/QB]

honkin at em isn't as fun as dropping the clutch in 2nd as you pass right next to em [Big Grin] don't get me wrong i have a bike and ride sometimes around town, but when you're forced to drive slow behind a group of them cause they think it's their right to ride down the middle of the road, thats when the rubber starts to fly and the cyclists start to scatter [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

1 more day till the pedal pussies kiss my front bumper. [worship] [burnout] [dance]

--------------------

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
honkin at em isn't as fun as dropping the clutch in 2nd as you pass right next to em [Big Grin] don't get me wrong i have a bike and ride sometimes around town, but when you're forced to drive slow behind a group of them cause they think it's their right to ride down the middle of the road, thats when the rubber starts to fly and the cyclists start to scatter [burnout] [burnout]

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

quote:
god damn, they even have commericials for this bike day thing tomorrow...guess its bigger than i thought

BIKE DAY TOMORROW

The truth about pedal pussy day.

--------------------

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I rented a Cal Trans truck...Im good to go.

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  14  15  16   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com