Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » Vendor's FOR SALE Section   » Big Boy Racing 4.6 stage 1 cams - ported & polished heads (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Big Boy Racing 4.6 stage 1 cams - ported & polished heads
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have available to me Big Boy Racing 4.6 sniffer legal stage 1 N/A cams and ported and polished heads for '96-'03 Mustang GT. Cam shaft package will give you an additional 15-20 RWHP over stock cams and 15 degrees more duration (idle sounds like E303 cam). They will give you an extra 1,000 RPM up top, they will pull hard to 7000 rpm. Head package includes competition porting, valve job, Ferrera forged SS oversized valves, new guides, 7,000 RPM spring package and this is good for another 35-40 RWHP and is snifferlegal, your heads for exchange. Cams are $470.00, cylinder head package is $1,280.00. If you combine the Big Boy Racing stage 1 cams with the heads you will gain 100 RWHP and still be sniffer legal [Smile] this setup has been dyno proven. We can install all mod motor parts we sell.
- Sheldon

[ September 24, 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: turbo302 ]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
Big Boy Racing Fabrication
www.bigboyracing.com

99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are the cams you have regrinds or new billit cam's

also how much for the pair

thanks

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you have flow #'s on the heads

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo302  Ford pictures for turbo302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
99gt-ujstlst
The custom cams are factory regrinds the factory cams have a awesome reliabilty when cut the proper way.When they are not cut the correct way and you grind the lash caps and follwers.this is were some companies have run into problems with the cams.we design our own custom lash caps WE have put alot of research and development into our custom camshafts and they are emission legal and has been proven to make good HP over stock cams.they are 100% guaranteed for reliabilty.the debt with the billet cams is they are twice the weight of stock cams cost more money.And no one knows if that is going to cause a reliabilty problem with the valve train over time the debet is still open.The special price is 470.00 for sniffer legal stage1 cams exchange.The cams will pull hard to 7000rpm no problem!
sheldon

[ September 24, 2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: turbo302 ]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
www.bigboyracing.com

turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

281n/a
yes I do have flow numbers for the heads.
stock 99-up PI heads
180.in
130.EX
500.lift
Bigboy racing competition heads
230 intake!
185 exhaust!
500 lift
big improvement over stock and the best part they will pass sniffer!
sheldon

[ September 24, 2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: turbo302 ]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
www.bigboyracing.com

chronicsmokin281
¯
Member # 1649

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chronicsmokin281  Ford pictures for chronicsmokin281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats up sheldon. im planning on getting some cams and heads done, but wondering if i go with your set-up im i going to be using my stock heads or what?!? if so how much will everything run me including install? also will i need a tune and chip for this? not planning on getting this yet but asap! thanks jon
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo302:
99gt-ujstlst
The custom cams are factory regrinds the factory cams have a awesome reliabilty when cut the proper way.When they are not cut the correct way and you grind the lash caps and follwers.this is were some companies have run into problems with the cams.we design our own custom lash caps WE have put alot of research and development into our custom camshafts and they are emission legal and has been proven to make good HP over stock cams.they are 100% guaranteed for reliabilty.the debt with the billet cams is they are twice the weight of stock cams cost more money.And no one knows if that is going to cause a reliabilty problem with the valve train over time the debet is still open.The special price is 470.00 for emission legal stage1 cams exchange.The cams will pull hard to 7000rpm no problem!
sheldon

yea I curently had regrinds on my car
and well was not happy with them
dont get me wrong they worked good for a short time the car sounded great
but I keeped breaking springs (which were the upgraded springs)I think if you dont cut to much
off the lobe so that you dont need much of a lash cap
they work fine, I might of had mine cut to much were my lash caps were alltering the geometry of my valvetrain their for couseing the spring to coil bind and snap

I just took thouse cams off. im currently goin to put stock cams back on and see what the car will do.

thanks for the info sheldon, what are the specs on your regrinds if you dont mind me asking

[ September 23, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: 99gt-UJSTLST ]

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

99GT-ujstlst
sorry to here about your valvetrain problems this is why we spent so much research and development before we market our cam/head products.WE were looking for three things reliabilty,smog legal, and horsepower.who did your cams see if you can get your money back.There either cut wrong or you have a spring or lash problem.The nice thing about my stage one cams they will work with your stock springs.Sorry I promised not to give any cam specs to much time and money involved to find a good all around setup.My setup is 100% reliable!
sheldon

[ September 24, 2003, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: turbo302 ]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
www.bigboyracing.com

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Confused]

[ September 23, 2003, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

The stage one package has been tested on several Mustangs and passed with no problems. As long as all your emissions equipment is working properly (good cats) you will not have a problem with our cam shafts or ported and polished heads. To be honest with you, the car will probably burn cleaner [Smile] . What gets you in trouble with the test is a cam or cams with too much overlap.
- Sheldon

[ September 24, 2003, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: turbo302 ]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
www.bigboyracing.com

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check pm's

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Check pm's

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi Sheldon,

Do you have dyno graphs for the heads and cams sepertly and for them together and what mods were on the cars when tested.

Thanks.

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

Mark,
Seeing that your Mustang has all the bolt on's, you would get the full HP benefit of the stage one system, and yes I do have dyno information on the stage one package, the charts will be posted on my website soon. Trust me, this is a proven, reliable package that we are offering, but to benefit fully from the set up, I would recommend that the Mustang has all the regular bolt ons (like yours). If you think that those numbers are pretty decent, the DOHC Cobra/Mach 1 stage one package is good from 350 to 370 RWHP. 11's on the motor on pump gas!

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
www.bigboyracing.com

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info Sheldon. You have a pm.
RioredGT
¯
Member # 2300

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RioredGT  Ford pictures for RioredGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
turbo302, you have a pm.....
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

makes me wish i had a 4.6

--------------------

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Im gonna have to get a second job so I can buy all the stuff Sheldon has [Smile] [patriot]
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Sheldon, Ryan here! These are the cams you and I were talking about correct? When I get my car back from ya ill make sure and spread the word about these cams, and if anyone is in the area of me ill be more than happy to take them for a ride in my/our [Wink] new setup we got goin, haha.

FYI, got my injectors in the mail, and heading out tomorrow to get the new sample tube for the MAF.

Later for now,
Ryan

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have anything for 96-98 cobras? what about porting on cobra heads? [Confused]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

yes ryan you are geting the stage one cams in your car.cobraman 94 I do offer a stage one package for the Dohc cobra/mach 1 competition ported, comp valve job,ferrea ss valves bigger valves,cobra spring package or ferrea 8000 rpm springs w/titanium retainers stage one cams super flow tested
stock Dohc heads
265 intake
200 exhaust
500 lift
Bigboyracing stage one Dohc heads
310 intake
225 exhaust
500 lift
with this package and all the rest of the bolt on(free flowing intake/exhaust)you should see 350-370 rwhp! and run some were deep in the 11's on pump gas sniffer friendly.THE dohc heads become monsters when you open them up and feed them the correct custom cams.do realive this setup will cost some
$$ you have too more of everything compared to a sohc heads.But you will leave the track with a smile on your face [Wink]
I will have more info on the sohc/dohc on my website(flow # dyno graphs)in up coming weeks.
sheldon

[ September 25, 2003, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: turbo302 ]

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
www.bigboyracing.com

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just need the heads and intake ported to match the shm road race cams. if i remember correctly, they rev to 7000 rpms. so ill need something to keep the heads all together.

edit: ill pm you the specs when i find the cams. then we can go from there [patriot]

[ September 25, 2003, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: cobraman_1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

turbo302
¯
Member # 2786

cobraman94
I dont know if I would trust those cams.they had alot of valvetrain problems.with there brand of cams.

--------------------
turbo302
10.20/133
www.bigboyracing.com

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

ill just have griggs build my motor. i have heard great things about there motors. [Razz]
turbo302, check pms. ill try to call tommorrow [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

302n/a
¯
Member # 1465

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 302n/a  Ford pictures for 302n/a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another vote here for griggs i wouldn't have anyone else build my motor. [worship]

--------------------
Raiders A's Warriors Sharks

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com