Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Track-Masters @ Infineon 5-28-2011 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Track-Masters @ Infineon 5-28-2011
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Sorry to get back on topic guys [Razz] but does anyone know how to register for an event with I've filled out a membership registration and an event registration but never heard back from them notifying me whether I got a spot or not. Anyone have any input? Thanks [patriot]

Not sure but I'd bug him with another email or two before it fills up.
I went back on their site and I guess I just had to go ahead and pay for the event to secure a spot. I was waiting for a reply to confirm my membership but I guess it wasn't necessary. I'm paid for and ready to go (I hope!). Just have to change out my brake pads for something a little better and I'll be ready to rock!

Ok...you guys can continue on with your conversation now, thanks [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sorry to get back on topic guys [Razz] but does anyone know how to register for an event with I've filled out a membership registration and an event registration but never heard back from them notifying me whether I got a spot or not. Anyone have any input? Thanks [patriot]

I went back on their site and I guess I just had to go ahead and pay for the event to secure a spot. I was waiting for a reply to confirm my membership but I guess it wasn't necessary. I'm paid for and ready to go (I hope!). Just have to change out my brake pads for something a little better and I'll be ready to rock!

I have a new brake setup coming in the mail. If you're using cobra front brakes I could give you two sets of used race pads and the rotors already bedded to those pads for dirt cheap. The rotors have only been used in one race. PM if interested.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have a new brake setup coming in the mail. If you're using cobra front brakes I could give you two sets of used race pads and the rotors already bedded to those pads for dirt cheap. The rotors have only been used in one race. PM if interested.
PM Sent [patriot]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What new brakes are you going with? We're the PBR's not enough even with full race pads?

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going with the stoptech kit. The PBRs started to fade toward the end of the races. Even half way through the race they don't feel right anymore. That was with Carbotech XP12 pads and a properly setup brake cooling kit. Plus, in two races the pads would be more than half gone and I couldn't use them for another race. They worked, but it's a little distracting worrying if the brakes are going to hold up for the entire race. The next two races are 35 and 40 minutes, I don't feel like pushing them that far.
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had the same issues in mine but that's only when your driving extremely aggressive. Spongy and unsure is the feeling I've gotten. Don't worry Sydewayz6, you've got a few more years before you need to worry about this issue.
So are the Stoptechs the best for the money that you've heard? I am looking to upgrade myself.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been lusting after Stoptech's too!

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

quote:
I've had the same issues in mine but that's only when your driving extremely aggressive. Spongy and unsure is the feeling I've gotten. Don't worry Sydewayz6, you've got a few more years before you need to worry about this issue.
So are the Stoptechs the best for the money that you've heard? I am looking to upgrade myself.

Stoptechs are definitely near the top as far as bang for the buck goes. People have had good success with the brembo cobra R calipers as well. There is also The BrakeMan, but I think you have to buy rear calipers to get the proper balance, the whole kit is $$$$$.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ok...so I kept my spot for this event and will be in attendance. Snakebit will be heading out there with me to kick it [Big Grin] Anyone else going to be there?

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Awesome time out today with TMR at Infineon! That track was definitely more technical than than I thought, but I really did enjoy it! TMR events seem pretty cool too since there aren't too many people and we were given 6 sessions each. Not sure if thats a regular thing for them, but if it is then I'm all for it! Unfortunately I left after my 4th session because it started pouring out there [Mad] Anyway...click the link if you guys want to check out a few pics [patriot]

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=047815

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com