Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Track-Masters @ Infineon 5-28-2011 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Track-Masters @ Infineon 5-28-2011
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering if anyone is going to sign up for Track-Masters' event @ infineon/Sears Point on May 28. This will be only my 2nd event so I'm pretty excited to try out a new track! Let me know if you plan to go...I really don't want to set up camp solo [Big Grin]

For anyone interested, go to http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/ and submit a membership application (free). Then you can sign up for the event and hope they email you back with confirmation (I'm still waiting on my reply). This event is $295 [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ha-ha you addict. We couldn't get you out for 2 years now your going out twice in 2 months...lol. Well Sears Point in the shit and I'm probably gonna go too.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Ha-ha you addict. We couldn't get you out for 2 years now your going out twice in 2 months...lol. Well Sears Point in the shit and I'm probably gonna go too.

hahaha I know Greg, it's too much fun! Hopefully I hear back from them with a confirmation...

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Somebody took a big hit off the go-fast crack pipe. Good for you, it's good to see other Mustangs out there. I can't make this one, I'm going to Thunderhill on the 14th and 15th for AIX Outlaw.
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hopefully I can get out to this one, man I need a trailer.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
Somebody took a big hit off the go-fast crack pipe. Good for you, it's good to see other Mustangs out there. I can't make this one, I'm going to Thunderhill on the 14th and 15th for AIX Outlaw.

Yup, I took a fat hit of the pipe and now I'm hooked! Fiendin' as some would call it [Big Grin]

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BIzKitBrAIn:

they actually have pretty decent trailers at U-haul & Cresco tool rentals for cheap.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:

they actually have pretty decent trailers at U-haul & Cresco tool rentals for cheap.
Uhaul trailers suck as I have a nose on my car like 9cobra7's track car so it won't center over the axles because the nose won't clear a part of the trailer infront of the axles. I'll have to check out Cresco

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:

Uhaul trailers suck as I have a nose on my car like 9cobra7's track car so it won't center over the axles because the nose won't clear a part of the trailer infront of the axles. I'll have to check out Cresco
I had the same problem with those trailers even before I had the track only car. I got these custom ramps from race ramps or you could try making something out of wood so you could use the u-haul trailers.
Race ramps are an edition to the normal ramps the trailer comes with so it makes getting on/off a breeze for me now. These ramps are a little pricey but worth it imo, almost $400.00 shipped if I remember.

mtndew98
¯
Member # 9426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtndew98  Ford pictures for mtndew98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Just wondering if anyone is going to sign up for Track-Masters' event @ infineon/Sears Point on May 28. This will be only my 2nd event so I'm pretty excited to try out a new track! Let me know if you plan to go...I really don't want to set up camp solo [Big Grin]

For anyone interested, go to http://www.trackmasters-racing.com/ and submit a membership application (free). Then you can sign up for the event and hope they email you back with confirmation (I'm still waiting on my reply). This event is $295 [patriot]

I'd like to go but that's a little steep for one day. Besides I'm already signed up for Thunder Hill for next month. Sunday TT is going to have 7 sessions so I'm stoked about that...

--------------------
98 GT full PI swap, #40 NASA TTC

Posts: 38 | From: Fairfield CA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seven TT sessions for Sunday is very interesting. I see NASA is not offering a Sunday Only day for TT and more interestingly, there's no HPDE groups. Any idea why?
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
Seven TT sessions for Sunday is very interesting. I see NASA is not offering a Sunday Only day for TT and more interestingly, there's no HPDE groups. Any idea why?

It's a competition only weekend. The reason, more money for NASA.

Steve, do you have any interest in joining the AIX Outlaw race? It's a group running in AIX but not serious AIX cars. It's basically AI with a little more power and open tires. Rules are on page six of this thread:

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40733

We had 5 cars within 1 second of each other at Buttonwillow last month, it was a blast.

[ April 28, 2011, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: SF Coupe ]

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I never heard of AIX Outlaw and need to review the rules.

I'll check the rules but I don't have a NASA competition license or a log book. I have (a now expired TT) license but I know Kevin and Mark quite well and don't think I would have a problem signing up in TT.

[ April 28, 2011, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AIX Outlaw is a group of guys running in the AIX class under a gentalmens agreement on hp/wt that is lower than currant AI levels and no spec tire. You can read the link Tim posted. We would love to have more cars here in NorCal.

I ran my rookie season in AI last year and had a blast. I will most likely run with this group later this year.

The log book should be no broblem for you and with your TT experience the comp liscense should just rrequire you to get checked out by Adam Ginsberg who is the CMC/AI director for CA. That could all happen in one day.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

What kind of power-to-weight ratios are you guys running? The last AIX cars I looked at was Rocco's and Sutak's monsters.
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

The base weight to power ratio is 8.3/1. There are several mod factors that you can get penalized for such as tire compound, track width, sla front suspension, etc. Page six of that link lists the mod factors and points assessed for each mod.

My car as an example.

8.3 base, I have to add .4 for using Hoosier A6 tires per the AIX Outlaw rules. My max is 8.7. Power is either hp or tq, which ever is greater, this prevents people building a torque monster. My bigger number is tq, it's 339. Based on that my minimum weight is 339x8.7= 2,949lbs coming off the track.

As Troy said AIX Outlaw is a group running in AIX with a gentleman's agreement on the rules. If Sutak or Daryl Anderson show up they will crush us, but we're not racing them. Kind of sucks if they come and poach contingency tires from us but we can't stop them.

Let me know if you're serious Steve. I can put you in contact with Adam Ginsberg and he should be able to make something work with your licensing and logbook. The coming race at Thill is going to be fun, 35 minute race on Sat afternoon and a 40 minute race on Sun morning.

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Man I want in on this but I'm working my way back from being unemployed for the last 5 months. I like Steve would need my Comp lic and Log book for my car and well to see if my car is legal for the class.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

First I need to figure out if I can get away that weekend. If I can, I think the best approach would be to run TT because I know I can get into that group and while there, look further into AIX Outlaw.
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Steve what does your track car look like so I can find you guys at events? here is a photo of my car https://picasaweb.google.com/116623417343614916185/BoondoggleXIRd1?authkey=Gv1sRgCIGP7Im-7sabogE#5574742605804449794

[ April 30, 2011, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: BIzKitBrAIn ]

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

I know your car very well. John and I have chased each other many times until I finally installed the Gromm motor to chase down some of the other Weinerdogs.

-

The power to weight ratio isn't too good.

[ May 02, 2011, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Haha, that pic in the corkscrew is priceless! [worship] I gotta get something like that taken of me in something similar.....classic. [burnout]
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Steve who's on that thing, is that you and Morello or you an Murray?

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

That's Murray and Big Dave L on Murrays' Cruzin Cooler. Maybe 600 lbs total. It was a surprise that the brakes would work at all and the tires didn't pop.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Sorry to get back on topic guys [Razz] but does anyone know how to register for an event with I've filled out a membership registration and an event registration but never heard back from them notifying me whether I got a spot or not. Anyone have any input? Thanks [patriot]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Sorry to get back on topic guys [Razz] but does anyone know how to register for an event with I've filled out a membership registration and an event registration but never heard back from them notifying me whether I got a spot or not. Anyone have any input? Thanks [patriot]

Not sure but I'd bug him with another email or two before it fills up.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com