Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » got fucked again need another tranny (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: got fucked again need another tranny
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by saclve:
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002143

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

What is your point ?? Because I made a few passes at a street legal wed over a month ago makes me responsible, I drive this car to work 7 days a week and have never had not one problem going into any gear or did anything that would break a shift fork , regardless the damage is done ppl make me out to be the bad guy but I am just simply sharing my frustration and problem.
People aren't making you out to be the bad guy, and neither am I. I'm not looking to start an argument with you, nor am I accusing you or anyone of ruining your clutch fork, clutch, transmission, or any of the problems you're having.

But I highly doubt broke4.6 broke your 4.6 ( pun intended ) he seems like a stand up individual, and went the extra mile to wash your car, and repaint your calipers ( I've never met the man. )

But if you're a student ( going off your listed occupation ) and this 98 GT being your only means of transportation ( again, assuming since you said you drive it 7 days a week ) I don't think you really have any business taking it to the track to see how fast it runs a 1/4.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lol not my only car but I see no reason not to take my mustang to the track I prefer to drive this over my other car so I depend on it and if doing a few 1320 runs will break ur car . Then yhe same shit will happen on the street when you drvide to push it which im assuming it was tested and shit crapped out . This car will only be daily driven for another month or so and I didnt come here for advice on how to live my life man just talking about car and problem I had.
Posts: 276 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2013  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This posting is done , the broke and I should have just accepted that and not pointed fingers to blame, not trying to get over on anybody and not trying to get free work, im going to put this behind me and hope I can continue to come here for help as I have been thanks
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

This posting is done , the broke and I should have just accepted that and not pointed fingers to blame, not trying to get over on anybody and not trying to get free work, im going to put this behind me and hope I can continue to come here for help as I have been thanks
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Lol not my only car but I see no reason not to take my mustang to the track I prefer to drive this over my other car so I depend on it and if doing a few 1320 runs will break ur car . Then yhe same shit will happen on the street when you drvide to push it which im assuming it was tested and shit crapped out . This car will only be daily driven for another month or so and I didnt come here for advice on how to live my life man just talking about car and problem I had.

Somehow my last reply was misunderstood? I'm not talking about your life. What you decide to do with that car is completely yours. The point I was making is you cannot expect a car to be reliable if you're taking it to the track to squeeze every inch of power for a 13.20.

Regardless, A transmission swap is not hard. You can complete it in roughly a day with simple hand tools. So why not climb under it, start by dropping the transmission and get to work? Since its not going to be your daily driver anymore, I'm sure you can do a little work to the car.

Hope this advice helps.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i dont think u was scamming, i seen your fist post u as a individual trying to find a relacement tranny, then i seen folks as my self saying go back an complain, if it worked before u got there and it didnt as u left that,s a def problem. parts are used , a lil beaten more if u yourself beat on them, but no body else has the right to beat on your car, now my self have drove others cars, never beat on any of my coustomers cars in any disrespectful manner and still have shit break doing just that. i then seen u on here getting bashed as a scammer, u had a valid point and argument except cafords has a twisted sense an many different opinions about many things. gd luck, sometimes shit just breaks, i try to never drive any bodys cars ever for this simple reason here.those trannys i heard are pretty weak anyways.
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by saclve:
[qb] Lol not my only car but I see no reason not to take my mustang to the track I prefer to drive this over my other car so I depend on it and if doing a few 1320 runs will break ur car . Then yhe same shit will happen on the street when you drvide to push it which im assuming it was tested and shit crapped out . This car will only be daily driven for another month or so and I didnt come here for advice on how to live my life man just talking about car and problem I had.

Somehow my last reply was misunderstood? I'm not talking about your life. What you decide to do with that car is completely yours. The point I was making is you cannot expect a car to be reliable if you're taking it to the track to squeeze every inch of power for a 13.20.

Regardless, A transmission swap is not hard. You can complete it in roughly a day with simple hand tools. So why not climb under it, start by dropping the transmission and get to work? Since its not going to be your daily driver anymore, I'm sure you can do a little work to the

Sorry man im just stressed out and I just need to get it fixed . I work 7 days a week 2 jobs . A day 5 days a week so I honestly dont gave time im going to park this car once its finished and hit track once a month maybe and drive to work 1-2 a week

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan is correct. As an owner i can not justify bustin someones stuff up by abusing it. You as an owner can drive that car off a cliff. But if i do it i am liable Period this is the LAW. So that is why i fired an employee for the vette thing. No shop has the right to abuse anything . Dunken is correct and i agree with him as owners i normally do not drive a customers car other than if the repair warrants it. Now as far as the 45 goes bottom line is that tranny is a piece of shit. And the owner of the repair facility should man up and repair it. It is your choice to replace that tranny if you want to pound on it. With that is the mechanic going to at least compromise on the repair. Or is he walking away with a full price deal. 4 weeks ago i replaced a tranny for a good customer on a jeep. I bought it from a junk yard that guarantees his parts, Well fifth gear went south and i repaired the unit at no cost to the customer. That is just good business. naturally the junk yard did not reimburse me so he is history. We do thousands with the junkyard a year and now he is begging us for our business back. No can do CHARLIE the guy is dun. Found a hew junkyard to do business with. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and do the right thing for customers. Just me!!

[ 2014-03-17, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Delete

[ 2014-03-18, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: saclve ]

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Delete

[ 2014-03-18, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: saclve ]

S550_Andres
¯
Member # 11083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S550_Andres  Ford pictures for S550_Andres    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not taking either side but will say this. Shyt happens and you move forward. I've been fucked over a lot of times, I learn keep moving. A few months ago my tranny decided to go out and I wasnt even dogging the car, I was going home after meeting up with another member to buy some parts. Oh well it sucks, I spend $500 on a rebuilt tranny an it was money I wasn't expecting to spend but hey I wanted my car back on the road. I couldn't really blame anyone cause when something going it go, it's going to go. So instead of going back and forth on here, Get you car fixed and move forward.

--------------------
86 notch coyote swapped
89 convertible 302 hci
85 notch 347 hci

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

quote:
Originally posted by 86_on_DA_machs:
Not taking either side but will say this. Shyt happens and you move forward. I've been fucked over a lot of times, I learn keep moving. A few months ago my tranny decided to go out and I wasnt even dogging the car, I was going home after meeting up with another member to buy some parts. Oh well it sucks, I spend $500 on a rebuilt tranny an it was money I wasn't expecting to spend but hey I wanted my car back on the road. I couldn't really blame anyone cause when something going it go, it's going to go. So instead of going back and forth on here, Get you car fixed and move forward.

If u read my last post thats exactly what I said I was going to do, trust me as soon as I get the free time I will be heading to dublin to pick up this tranny and get it installed asap.
Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002143

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

What is your point ?? Because I made a few passes at a street legal wed over a month ago makes me responsible, I drive this car to work 7 days a week and have never had not one problem going into any gear or did anything that would break a shift fork , regardless the damage is done ppl make me out to be the bad guy but I am just simply sharing my frustration and problem.
What if, simply it wasn't this guys fault? This guy said, that he has and builds fast cars. I'm sure he has been doing it for years, and driving these vehicles at the same time. I highly believe he would have any trouble at all with a stock GT.

I am more inclined to believe that your girlfriend is the one who probably messed the trans up and is blaming it on somebody else to save her own ass. He said it himself, it sounded like she was having trouble with the clutch. I think you are looking in the wrong spot for the blame. [Cool]

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Im done with this convo dude now were bkaming chick bcus she hadvtrouble with stage 2 clutch ?? Highly doubt she could snap a fork the way she . Drives but ok subject is done im over the shit
chevy_killer
¯
Member # 9050

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chevy_killer  Ford pictures for chevy_killer    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
report him to the BAR they act fast and are more than happy to shut down and illegal running shops. ive dealt with them before against firestone and im very saisfied with the results.

[ 2014-03-18, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: chevy_killer ]

--------------------
THIS
IS
A
LIST
OF
ALL
THE
COOL
CARS
I
OWN

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Op sounds like a scam artist. Karma is a bitch. Just wait when it comes back around.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

How the guck do I sound like a scam artist u people who keep saying that are some stupid fucks, I will only deal with specific ppl on here from now on try to post about a problem I have and u faggots put me out to be the bad guy , wtf would I give the guy money for messing with my suspension if I knew I had a tranny problem ?? You ppl are so fucking ignorant you judge ppl with rediculous claims about a person u have never met. Gt500 fuck u guy . Hope u dont drop off a working car and pick up a broke one maybe you will feel some of the anguish and stress I have been, I said im over shit ,
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

But your right about one thing karma is a bitch , and obviously alot of members are to smh I've recieved so much great help on here but this is rediculous because I have not been on the site for5-10years , just picked up another tranny and will only be one person touching my car from now on
Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha your fucking retarded ass can't spell for shit let alone buy a car that's not a POS from the get go. Maybe next time you won't be such a cheap ass and actually have your car setup right.

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Sure thing bitch whatever you say
95gtdrop
¯
Member # 7478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95gtdrop  Ford pictures for 95gtdrop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Free post!

--------------------
1997 SVT cobra SOLD;(
2004 SVT Cobra Vert

Posts: 1221 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no name calling please

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
no name calling please

When did you become the owner? [Confused]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18529 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
no name calling please

When did you become the owner? [Confused]
LOL. He's the owner, you just run this!
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

quote:
Originally posted by Beastly GT500 TVS:
Hahaha your fucking retarded ass can't spell for shit let alone buy a car that's not a POS from the get go. Maybe next time you won't be such a cheap ass and actually have your car setup right.

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com