Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 3.73 or 4.10 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3.73 or 4.10
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saclve:
You guys think a bfg comp 2 or nitto 555 in 275/40r17 will handle launches with 4.10s and 230whp 270lbft (estimated power ) I just keep hearing ppl say it will magnify traction issues but only traction issue I have is if I launch at 3k rpm

You'll be fine with that hp

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by red5o:
quote:
Originally posted by SwEeT03Gt:
quote:
Dude go 3:73 you won't regret it

I went 3.73 I regretted it wish I would of gone 4.10's
Well what ever floats your bout I had them in my 93 vert 5 spd I was launching real quick
different transmissions, so it'll be night n day between my 03 tr3650 n your 93 t5 (im guessing).
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
redvenom
¯
Member # 12651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for redvenom  Ford pictures for redvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dude go 3:73 you won't regret it

I went 3.73 I regretted it wish I would of gone 4.10's
Well what ever floats your bout I had them in my 93 vert 5 spd I was launching real quick
different transmissions, so it'll be night n day between my 03 tr3650 n your 93 t5 (im guessing).
Yea Probly

--------------------
1990 Gt
Some what stock
1993 GT vert-(stolen)

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ALWAYS 4.10 unless you have twin turbo or something else that lets you take advantage of the lower rpms. otherwise you want to get the rpms up as quick as possible

you WILL cut more ET with 4.10's
you WILL NOT notice a difference in MPG
your rpma will be about 250 higher with the 4.4.10's than with 3.73's
you WILL NOT have to shift into 5th in the 1/4 mile
you WILL NOT tach 3000 doing 55, more like 3000 doing 75-80 based on tire size

dont fear the gear

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
ALWAYS 4.10 unless you have twin turbo or something else that lets you take advantage of the lower rpms. otherwise you want to get the rpms up as quick as possible

you WILL cut more ET with 4.10's
you WILL NOT notice a difference in MPG
your rpma will be about 250 higher with the 4.4.10's than with 3.73's
you WILL NOT have to shift into 5th in the 1/4 mile
you WILL NOT tach 3000 doing 55, more like 3000 doing 75-80 based on tire size

dont fear the gear

Im just waiting to get everything installed at this point . Not worried much about hwy driving both my jobs are street commutes and anything thats going to help me get into the 13's with just pi cam/intake swap and good set of rubber . If 4.10 offer more joy to the driving experience than 3.73 im all for it snd im staying n/a maybe ported heads and comp cam later in the year
Posts: 276 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2013  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Delete

[ 2014-02-04, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: saclve ]

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

What difference will tire size make ??? How tall tire is

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com