Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » brake problem. 91 gt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: brake problem. 91 gt
OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sn95 set up front /back i went to bleed my brakes and nothing comes out of the back brakes. only fronts. what could this be? i was thinking master?

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

93 twintrbo
¯
Member # 10475

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93 twintrbo  Ford pictures for 93 twintrbo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remove the bleeder screws completely. Make sure the master cyl is full at all times and let it gravity bleed untill fluid starts to drip. Install the bleeders and start bleeding.

Sometimes if the bleeders dont have caps installed to keep the dirt and dust out, it will clog and not allow them to bleed properly. I usually remove the bleeder screws and clean the orfice out with a pick. Re-install them and start bleeding.

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you install the adjustable proportion valve? You won't have sufficient pressure to the rears. Also the car must be level or close to. Best on all four jack-stands. Make sure they are stable.....

[ September 25, 2011, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: dvuspny ]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
OneFastHatch.
¯
Member # 9537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OneFastHatch.  Ford pictures for OneFastHatch.  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
proportion valve is inside the car.

--------------------
1991 fobra (slow)

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you start with bleeding the rears first? second dont pump the brakes that just airrates the fluid its one pump and hold then open the blled then tighten then allover again. my car was really dry from sitting and it took a good half hour. my suggestion get a vaccuum bleeder

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com