Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Got my car dynoed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got my car dynoed
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
long story short, did 496rwhp@5900rpm through a c6 and 9inch but was very very lean (14.8afr). so they let me go home and get my jets. jetted up 2 and made 512rwhp@6200rpm and WAY (like 80+rwtq in some areas and +25-35rwhp)more power throughout the band but still very lean at 14.4afr. i ran outta time but did a third run and will make a post for that separately. Not bad for an N/A engine though obviously theres still way more power in this when i get all the kinks out of it. ill post a pic a lil later

[ March 08, 2011, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow. What's your combo? Stock GT40's with an e-cam? [Razz]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
Wow. What's your combo? Stock GT40's with an e-cam? [Razz]

of course not......x cam....get it right! jk

its a 533BBF with a street roller (solid) and tfs street heads.

[ March 08, 2011, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

i wasnt disappointed with the numbers themselves but more with knowing that i probably wont know the final numbers for a while. Im gonna throw a couple jet sizes larger and drive it like that. On engine dynos, this setup usually makes over 660hp (closer to 700) but im not even sure i believe engine dynos as much as RWHP, although this drivetrain (c6 + 9inch and full size driveshaft) is probably the least efficient ever made in the history of automobiles LOL!!!!!...at least its cheap and durable though...
poisonpony96
¯
Member # 3942

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for poisonpony96  Ford pictures for poisonpony96    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not a bad start!
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

heres a vid of the car on the dyno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzDx1J813gc

[ March 08, 2011, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

LOL and a pic.
 -
not sure if this dyno is stingy or if the pullied cobra before me was down on power but an 03cobra with pulley and couple mods put down 426rwhp right before i went

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
i wasnt disappointed with the numbers themselves but more with knowing that i probably wont know the final numbers for a while. Im gonna throw a couple jet sizes larger and drive it like that. On engine dynos, this setup usually makes over 660hp (closer to 700) but im not even sure i believe engine dynos as much as RWHP, although this drivetrain (c6 + 9inch and full size driveshaft) is probably the least efficient ever made in the history of automobiles LOL!!!!!...at least its cheap and durable though...

If you figure in a 25% driveline loss, you're looking at 640hp at the crank. I know the C6 and 9 inch eat up a lot of power, so it may even be closer to 30%. Plus it sounds like you still have some power left to find with the right AFR. Pretty awesome setup you have.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:

If you figure in a 25% driveline loss, you're looking at 640hp at the crank. I know the C6 and 9 inch eat up a lot of power, so it may even be closer to 30%. Plus it sounds like you still have some power left to find with the right AFR. Pretty awesome setup you have.
thanks for the comments! most people dont really understand the losses you take when running a C6 and if my car wasnt so heavy, i wouldnt be running it either. But at least theyre affordable. i think theres still at least 20rwhp there with more fuel.but as it sits now :
if 22% drivetrain loss its making 660hp.
if 25% drivetrain loss its making 680hp
if 30% drivetrain loss its making 730hp

whats funny is all 3 of those numbers are possible with a setup like this.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That dyno looks familiar...was this at Gear Head in Hayward? If so, Rick has Mustang Dyno...these are known to put down lower numbers than Dynojets. I think it's because the dyno compensates for weight of the vehicle and road friction, therefore resulting in lower numbers...

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Big block?

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
HYFLOHDS
¯
Member # 4198

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HYFLOHDS  Ford pictures for HYFLOHDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the bore x stroke and valve size, trying to figure out the VE%?
Posts: 308 | From: san francisco | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
Originally posted by HYFLOHDS:
whats the bore x stroke and valve size, trying to figure out the VE%?

4.44x4.3 intake valve size is 2.20 i believe. exhaust 1.76
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
Big block?

yup!
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
That dyno looks familiar...was this at Gear Head in Hayward? If so, Rick has Mustang Dyno...these are known to put down lower numbers than Dynojets. I think it's because the dyno compensates for weight of the vehicle and road friction, therefore resulting in lower numbers...

man i wish these were mustang dyno numbers. It was dynoed at DynoSpot Racing in san jose and they said its a dynojet
HYFLOHDS
¯
Member # 4198

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HYFLOHDS  Ford pictures for HYFLOHDS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does this look about right? @ 97% VE

533.113 Cubic Inches @ 6500 RPM with 97.0 % Volumetric Efficiency PerCent

Required Intake Flow between
322.4 CFM and 341.6 CFM at 28 Inches

Required Exhaust Flow between
232.1 CFM and 257.9 CFM at 28 Inches

H.P
Lowest Low Average Best
678.8 706.7 720.6 734.6

Peak Torque Lbs-Ft
608.0 633.0 645.5 658.1

HorsePower per CID
1.273 1.326 1.352 1.378
Torque per Cubic Inch
1.141 1.187 1.211 1.234

BMEP in psi
172.0 179.1 182.6 186.1

Carb CFM at 1.5 in Hg.
973 1082 1137 1192

Posts: 308 | From: san francisco | Registered: Feb 2004  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

wow thats pretty cool! It sounds really close, I think these heads supposedly flow a bit more on the intake but less on the exhaust. they average about 345-350cfm on the intake i think and i think maybe 220cfm on the exhaust without a pipe.at least thats what ive seen. my heads are also port matched to the intake but i dont think that adds much to the flow rates.
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

update. Ijetted WAY up to 93/99 with power valve still in the primaries and this thing feels a LOT stronger. AFR's are now down to 13.2@ WOT. car drives like ass at part throttle now though so looks like in gonna have to modify some shit.

[ March 14, 2011, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

What size carb are you running?

--------------------

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
What size carb are you running?

1150cfm holley dominator
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

just an update. I went back to 84 jets in the front and drilled the powervalve channels a bit and now AF ratios are down to 13.2-13.5. Car drives like a beast now!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com