Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » pulling codes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: pulling codes
91LxStang
¯
Member # 8378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91LxStang  Ford pictures for 91LxStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok just wondering how can i get the code reading off my 91 5.0. Can i just jump the harness or do i need a scanner? Thanks in advance.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This should tell you what to need to know.

http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/eecivtest.html

I would recommend using method 2. It's very easy, no special tool are required, and should take you 10 minutes.

Here are a list of all the codes

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/5-0-mustangs/49335-mustang-eec-iv-diagnostic-codes.html

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
91LxStang
¯
Member # 8378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91LxStang  Ford pictures for 91LxStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks, that was very helpfull
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.troublecodes.net/Ford/

use the bottom right picture and check the flashes on your check engine light
make sure the car is in the OFF position when connecting and then turn the car into the ON position without the car running and then ur good to go [dance]

[EDIT] and all that is needed is a paperclip to jump the wires

[ December 26, 2008, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: 1HaTCheD5LiTEr ]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
91LxStang
¯
Member # 8378

these are some good info guys, thanks. So I have a little problem because when i turn the car on the check engine light doesnt come on untill i drive it for a second, and if i turn it off and turn it back on it repeats the first step. so i was wondering if the check engine will still flash without it throwing a code at the time
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91LxStang:
these are some good info guys, thanks. So I have a little problem because when i turn the car on the check engine light doesnt come on untill i drive it for a second, and if i turn it off and turn it back on it repeats the first step. so i was wondering if the check engine will still flash without it throwing a code at the time

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are trying to say. If you are trying to pull codes with the engine "running" then that is the wrong method. Hook the jumper up without the key turned to any position. When hooked up, turn the key the the "Key on Engine Off" position. When in the KOEO position, you will more than likely get a code of "11" and then "1" and then the others. Do not pay attention to the "11" or "1"
Pay attention to everything else that is from "12" and up

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
91LxStang
¯
Member # 8378

haha my bad i was distracted when i was explaining what happens lol. Tahnks for the info

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com