Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Kill switch ideas (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Kill switch ideas
street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
Originally posted by GreyLX:
Suppose you guys DID catch or walk up on someone while they were trying to steal your car? What would you do? Assault them? Act like it's not your car? Try to detain them til the donut eaters arrived?

How could you avoid assault charges if you DID attack them or injure them?

Not trying to hijack but just curious...

??????

Well if it was me, Me and my roomate would beat the living shit out of the person until he's no longer mobile then I would call the cops. Seriously
Word [Big Grin]
I'd first call the police then quickly rush out to the car with my bat from hell [Razz]

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
idk, but i think it's against the law to stop a car thief. i think you must call the cops only. after my del sol was stolen, i went to the police station. i asked what i could have done if i had caught the thieves in the act. the cop told me i couldn't beat them up, shoot at them, or anything [Mad]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

72restorino
¯
Member # 7700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 72restorino  Ford pictures for 72restorino    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well there are tons of options like the ones listed here, I have a removable steering wheel with a lock on cover (Grant #2001) and it is awesome.

If you are really worried about your car getting stolen, no joke here, buy a boot. I knew a guy with a finned Caddy that did that every time he parked (after pulling the hubcap on that wheel). Strap that shit on a wheel and nobody fucks with it. You might even be able to get around feeding meters with that trick. Plus, you can use it on any car.

--------------------
72 Gran Torino
73 Gran Torino
77 Dodge B200

exchp6400
¯
Member # 4803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for exchp6400  Ford pictures for exchp6400    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have this not too expensive and just like a boot
http://www.best-price.com/procProduct,showProductOverview,,1,43200174_Alpha+Lock+Vehicle+And+Equipment+Lock+12+5++Wide.html

--------------------
87 Buick Turbo T | 90 GT | 93 Typhoon

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GreyLX:
Suppose you guys DID catch or walk up on someone while they were trying to steal your car? What would you do? Assault them? Act like it's not your car? Try to detain them til the donut eaters arrived?

How could you avoid assault charges if you DID attack them or injure them?

Not trying to hijack but just curious...

??????

It all depends on who is trying to steel it. If I think I could take them I would, if I think they would shoot me I would help them start it. Just depends. If I beat their ass I'd simply tell the police he tried carjacking me and punched me in the face...I had no choice but to defend myself.

Used that on a couple afgani guys that almost ran me off the road. At the light I got out ran over to the driver side window and socked him in the mouth. They got out of their car and I fought with them for about 10 min. then jumped back into my car, they followed me so I called the police on my cell phone, told them these two guys tried to steal my wallet, I beat one of them up and ran off and they are following me now in the car. They got pulled over and the rest is history. Fuckin pricks.

Sorry got off topic a little.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dead men don't tell stories [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
Dead men don't tell stories [Wink]

[patriot]
04mustanggtkibby
¯
Member # 4202

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04mustanggtkibby  Ford pictures for 04mustanggtkibby    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Steel one of the wheel lock things the cops have and hook it up when you leave it anywhere.

--------------------
-Ford For Life-

89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
f the dumb shite buy lowjack or kidtracker and let them steal it. Then just show up at their ft door.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com