Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » whats better or what the difference between afr & tfs heads? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: whats better or what the difference between afr & tfs heads?
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pure Stang:
do some suspencion work as well! yea +1 on the afr's but why dont you get the 185's? they have those street legal as well

for the 185's u have to change the valves and shit like that

aint tryin to do hella shit ya know [patriot]

you do? either way the heads will wake up your car....
yup.....they wont fit. 165's will bolt right on [patriot]
you can't believe everything you read in magazines
as in????? [Confused]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
you can't believe everything you read in magazines
How about on the internet?

Lems [Confused]

[ June 01, 2007, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Lemonade ]

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you seen the 165 afr's comp port package
FLOW #
165CP 165
int/ex
200 129/121 122/118
300 188/155 185/152
400 230/192 223/178
500 245/207 240/185
600 254/215 244/191

I'm all over a set when i have the money
they say they are great for the guy who can't run 185's because of stock pistons.
I hear tfs are good too!

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

cdog301
¯
Member # 5136

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cdog301  Ford pictures for cdog301    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are right I have the 165's with a Ecam and I broke valee train stuff up grade the springs PLEASE!

--------------------
1992 Notch
Dss Pro Bullet
Afr 165's
GT40 U/L
Bassani X w/cats
and other goodies!!!!!!!
I love MOSTLY MUSTANGS OAKLAND CA

Posts: 386 | From: Richmond CA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
FOXWTIT
¯
Member # 7634

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FOXWTIT  Ford pictures for FOXWTIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Probably alot. What I know is tfs's big selling point on there sbf head's are the valve position allow's them to be used with stock piston's "depending on cam". If You are considering the AFR's head's I would recommend the valve spring upgrade.

dont they come with good valve springs already?
Depends on what rocker arm ratio too.... i got the e-cam and the afr 165's with a 1.7 rocker and i think im cuttin it real close... i believe the the springs are good for .530 lift and i got like .528 or somethin real close like that..
Posts: 39 | From: SAN LORENZO | Registered: May 2007  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FOXWTIT:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinLX:
Probably alot. What I know is tfs's big selling point on there sbf head's are the valve position allow's them to be used with stock piston's "depending on cam". If You are considering the AFR's head's I would recommend the valve spring upgrade.

dont they come with good valve springs already?
Depends on what rocker arm ratio too.... i got the e-cam and the afr 165's with a 1.7 rocker and i think im cuttin it real close... i believe the the springs are good for .530 lift and i got like .528 or somethin real close like that..
i have the tfs kit on my stock cobra heads. good to .550 lift so i'll see if johnB can swap them over to the afr's

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com