Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » LSX Mustang? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LSX Mustang?
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You must be stupid if you feel "stupider" after every time you converse! Stupider isn't a word!!! Honey buns!!!!

BTW, does anyone know how much cfm stock ls1 heads flow? Has anyone bench tested them or know of the results?

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stone stock 241 casting LS1 heads (2000 & up) are comparable to AFR185 SBF heads. Although the LS1 heads are just over 200cc's vs the smaller Ford head. Power output given displacement is about the same (347 Ford w/AFR185's vs 346 LS1 with stock 241 castings.) Both around 400RWHP with good quality bolt-ons.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I get tired of seeing the same old car with the same old mods running the same old times. Its boring. Most of the street people are very young. Hell you're in your 40s and your taking pride in smoking the lil kiddies that are 1/3 your age.

Boring as it may be to you, there's a reason why there's so many cars with the same old mods. They've been tried and proven over and over again. There's nothing wrong with that.... and I don't think there's anything wrong with putting youngsters in their place. You can never be too old to do that. [Big Grin]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by uh0h50:
quote:
I get tired of seeing the same old car with the same old mods running the same old times. Its boring. Most of the street people are very young. Hell you're in your 40s and your taking pride in smoking the lil kiddies that are 1/3 your age.

Boring as it may be to you, there's a reason why there's so many cars with the same old mods. They've been tried and proven over and over again. There's nothing wrong with that.... and I don't think there's anything wrong with putting youngsters in their place. You can never be too old to do that. [Big Grin]
I understand the tried and the true but why not take what you know and use it on something better? The gm foos know what the limitations of their blocks are. Same with the ford foos. And I know what the limitations of supra motors are. So its safe to go tried and true with them that I agree. But there is no harm in doing transplants. Hell those lil rx7 ls1s are bad ass. Nice lil road car with sporty looks and great handling. And they run 10s na reliably all day long while getting good gas mileage! I'm talking about the FD not the ugly FC.

Foxbodies can be had for next to nothing and they make great platforms for drag racing. LSX motors are bad ass, light and easy to get parts for. So why not marry the two? Hell a turbo lsx foxbody would be bad ass at the strip! Makes perfect sense to me. Then again I'm not an old stubborn fart that takes pride reliving the would be glory days that passed me by.

I mean hell one of your very own Ford members who makes a living working on and tuning Ford cars is telling you how awesome the lsx motors are. And if anything he should be biased toward Ford stuff. That's saying a lot! Read between the lines peeps just don't break out the hatred towards other cars because your ignorant. Hell I love the 2jz supra motors and stock for stock there really is no motor that can handle the power ours can. There are daily driven completely stock supra motors that are handling over 1000 rwhp and have been doing so for years. But us supra peeps do know that the lsx's present a better platform for power. Is just a matter of time before you see turbo lsx's everywhere spanking everyone.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by uh0h50:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by cummins:
[qb]Is just a matter of time before you see turbo lsx's everywhere spanking everyone.

even you??? [Eek!] haha jus messin wit ya man. yeah i'm all for hybriding and all and don't see a problem with them. like that saying goes, to each his own.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com