Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anyone around here own a fender rolling tool?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone around here own a fender rolling tool?
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just drove my car for the first time with 17x9 cobra rims and I need to borrow a fender rolling tool like this one www.rollyourfender.com from someone local if possible. Thanks.
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a baseball bat

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
call us in a few weeks just purchased one

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Be prepared to crack the paint a bit.

I used that eastwood tool to roll my fenders. I used a heatgun and a helper who had a infrared heat gauge and we made sure the paint was 120-135*F the whole time, and it still cracked on all 4 corners.

That is one of those tasks that many shops won't do unless you are planning on painting the car afterwards.

Let us know how it goes

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Be prepared to crack the paint a bit.

I used that eastwood tool to roll my fenders. I used a heatgun and a helper who had a infrared heat gauge and we made sure the paint was 120-135*F the whole time, and it still cracked on all 4 corners.

That is one of those tasks that many shops won't do unless you are planning on painting the car afterwards.

Let us know how it goes

Did your paint crack on the inside of the lip or are the cracks visible on the outside of the lip? I will have it painted next winter. Another question for you Luke, what did you set your ride height at? I just installed MM coil overs all around and set the ride height at 26" to fender wells all around. It looks good and only rubs at the left rear but yours looks a little lower and more aggressive.
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No, it cracks at the point where the bend is most significant. Mine is not visible. It cracks because you are stretching the paint significantly when you roll the fenders.

I have 255/40/17's in the front and 275/40/17's in the rear.

Front: 24.45"
Rear: 25.4"

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com