Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » cobra cam

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: cobra cam
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jsut curious but which cam did they run in the 93 cobra. thinkin about a cam change over the winter and im just tryin to get an idea

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is not the cam You want. I have heard it's worse than a stock 5.0 cam.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i was never plannin on runnin the exact same cam as that i just wanted a general idea of what they ran. im leanin towards either an X or Z cam cuz i dont have to worry about drivin it on the street anymore

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town50:
yea i was never plannin on runnin the exact same cam as that i just wanted a general idea of what they ran. im leanin towards either an X or Z cam cuz i dont have to worry about drivin it on the street anymore

I have a f cam and it's Ok, but they are a very old grind and alot advancement since then. I would at least go with an Anderson cam if not a custom. Spending an extra 200 buck's for 15-20 more horsepower is cheap HP to $.

--------------------

93mustang50
¯
Member # 6642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustang50  Ford pictures for 93mustang50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If this is not a street car your cam selection is awesome. choose that offers the most for your set up, anderson makes good ones, as well as comp. what is your set up(shortblock, H/C/I)?

--------------------
93GT 306 H/C/I supercharged
06 Cummins 6spd
90 GT 5sdp daily driver HCI
16 Hellcat Charger
91GT aod(sold)
88GT5spd(totaled)

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

right now ive got a cobra intake stock cam, 19lb injectors and every other bolt on except for gears and heads

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
right now ive got a cobra intake stock cam, 19lb injectors and every other bolt on except for gears and heads

Are You planning on doing head's when You do the cam?

--------------------

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

hopefully if i have the money for it, if not ill prob just port the stock ones. im not sure yet

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

quote:
hopefully if i have the money for it, if not ill prob just port the stock ones. im not sure yet

You should give the company the sp;ec's of the head's You are planning on getting as opposed to the stock one if You are going to do it before You buy the head's. IMHO I would'nt waste the money on porting the stock one's, just wait till You can swing the head's and cam, but good luck with whatever You do!

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com