Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Sold Saleen bought 93 cobra!! clutch and hp #'s? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sold Saleen bought 93 cobra!! clutch and hp #'s?
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen_S281:
naw he never told me it was a real one, i thought maybe it was because it is a 93, but anyhow i did check the carfax and its clean, has clear title etc. The car was originally white but Ben's auto body in richmond painted it, its a candy paint job, like i said a pearl green, then a red, then a plum pearl. The car is absolutely immaculate, not a ding on the car and the paint is awesome.

So you sold your Saleen and bought a car that you originally thought was a '93 Cobra (which the owner probably went-along with) that had Sn95 R's and a paint job, which was originally WHITE (Fox Cobras are only in black, red, and teal). A 2 1/4 drop on 17" sounds like rub city. Whatever floats your boat though, If you like it then nothing else matters.

Change your title you didn't buy a '93 Cobra. [Roll Eyes]

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:

Change your title you didn't buy a '93 Cobra. [Roll Eyes]

Wow that was so damm clever.

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love the car, its beautiful. I wasnt sure if it was or not i dont really care. Really not a big deal, i like it and thats what matters. I dont know how to change the title.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyways, what clutch should i go with? i was thinking a king cobra. How much should i expect to pay for install? what should i do next as far as mods. FYI, it doesnt rub only if i try and turn the wheel all the way then it does a little. Im running 245/40/17 in front and 245/45/17 in rear

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try a mccloud or a spec clutch--those are supposed to be the best-

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
spec [Frown]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by Fastback on Welds:
Did you ask for the certificate of authenticity that you get with SVT vehicles?

Does it have the gt40p's that my cobra does? rear disc brakes, minor shit like that?

You installed "GT40 P's" on your 93 Cobra?..."GT40 P's" only came on the '97.5+ Explorer 302...
you're right. im wrong. thanks.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

BAD_ASS_STANGS
¯
Member # 2723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAD_ASS_STANGS  Ford pictures for BAD_ASS_STANGS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post SOme Pics. I think a few of us want to see this car
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah an i havent even seen it in town yet. lets see it [burnout]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

i dont have a digital camera, even if i had one i still wouldnt know how to post

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

badazz
¯
Member # 1773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazz  Ford pictures for badazz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guys calm down...the guy likes his car...thats all that matters, its not like any of us offered to pay for the car. back on topic, i think you can just go with a king cobra clutch...its street friendly and its not like you have tons of HP. if you need it installed shoot me a PM.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by badazz:
guys calm down...the guy likes his car...thats all that matters, its not like any of us offered to pay for the car. back on topic, i think you can just go with a king cobra clutch...its street friendly and its not like you have tons of HP. if you need it installed shoot me a PM.

[patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com