Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Sold Saleen bought 93 cobra!! clutch and hp #'s? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sold Saleen bought 93 cobra!! clutch and hp #'s?
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sold the Saleen and bought a 93 cobra. Has a 6k paint job. Started with a pearl green, then a bright red, then a plum pearl. Hella clean... has 17" chrome cobra r's. Lowered 21/4. Does anybody have a hook up on cluth install? Needs a clutch real bad, i can barely drive it. What do you guys think my hp numbers are? has 3:73 gears, cobra upper and lower intank, heads are ported, bbk shortys, flowmaster exhaust, pullies, cold air, short throw shifter. What should i run in the quarter.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can do that clutch for ya this coming week
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The question who cares what it'll run and why would you want to run it in the quarter????

It's a 93 cobra "RARE" not a common fox. [Eek!]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'd buy some higher lowering springs (1-1.5" drop) and some chrome 93 Cobra rims...

But anyway, depending on how much the stock GT40's were ported, I'd say you have around 250rwhp and capible of around 13.5 @ 104mph...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You sure it's a cobra?

Fans>R's. That doesn't make sense why someone would do that(rim change). [Frown]

Congrats on your purchase though [patriot]

[ May 02, 2004, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: 87 Saleen ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to go pick them up, there at his house.. also have to go up becaue he knows a guy thats going to smog it for me. I was surprised my insurance is more than my 96 saleen?

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

FordPny
¯
Member # 510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordPny  Ford pictures for FordPny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
The question who cares what it'll run and why would you want to run it in the quarter????

Shut up grandpa, Should he just leave it in the garage and take it to car shows [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Holla at yoo boooyyy

Posts: 2458 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FordPny:
quote:

Shut up grandpa, Should he just leave it in the garage and take it to car shows [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Fuck you and your lesbian soccer mom station wagon. [Eek!] [Razz]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You two are just adoreable  -

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rare, but why the fuck would someone repaint a 93 cobra that color, they only came in black,red,and teal, so for someone to repaint it like that stumps me, kind of takes away from the car.....If the rims are real R's, then the 93 rims are no use to you since real r's are 5 lugs and the 93's are 4 lug.....You might be right around 240-250 to the wheels with your car, i know of some cobra that have dynoed 240 stock...so it depends....

Are you sure Its real? I just dont get why

someone would do that-

Mine ran 13.7 at 102 and its mainy stock with hpipe,mass air, and a chip....

[ May 02, 2004, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: 93venom ]

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Does NOT matter any more. It has been painted different colors [Frown] [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

I actually called the guy to see if it was real but its not just an exact replica. I had my doubts as well. It is still the sickest looking 5.0 i think i have seen. I will try and post pics. The paint is awesome it turns to black at night.

what clutch would you guys recommend.. also what cam? also what parts would i need to do the swap?

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

by the way this is my first 5.0, and the first one i have ever driven, there really cool, just sucks because the clutch is obliviated so i cant get on it at all, i can barely drive it. Cant wait to smash.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen_S281:
I actually called the guy to see if it was real but its not just an exact replica. I had my doubts as well. It is still the sickest looking 5.0 i think i have seen. I will try and post pics. The paint is awesome it turns to black at night.

what clutch would you guys recommend.. also what cam? also what parts would i need to do the swap?

So wait, this guy sold you this Mustang telling you it's a 93 Cobra and now after you bought the car he's saying otherwise?...I'd like to see this 6k paint job too...Something tells me you got ripped off...

As far as clutches, I'd stay away from CenterForce...I loved my FMS King Cobra's, and my SPEC stage II was even better...I was thinking of trying a McLoad clutch next since I've heard nothing but good things about them...

--------------------

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why repaint it & put R's on a "REAL" '93 Cobra? [Confused]

Sounds like an accident/coverup if a repaint was needed. Got the Carfax on it? Sounds iffy.

[ May 02, 2004, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: 88DroptopGT ]

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I actually called the guy to see if it was real but its not just an exact replica.

LMAO then i would bring that shit right back to his door and get my money back, i cant believe this... didnt you run a carfax?

--you sure you didnt already know it was a replica and were trying to play it off as a cobra? you just sound too calm and ok with the fact that you just got lied to and bought a car that wasnt what you were told it was.... [Confused]

[ May 03, 2004, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: PeNiNsula302 ]

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

He likes his car leave him alone.

Post some picks dude! [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

naw he never told me it was a real one, i thought maybe it was because it is a 93, but anyhow i did check the carfax and its clean, has clear title etc. The car was originally white but Ben's auto body in richmond painted it, its a candy paint job, like i said a pearl green, then a red, then a plum pearl. The car is absolutely immaculate, not a ding on the car and the paint is awesome.

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

I hoped it might be one, but i got a good deal, too good to be true. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i got a good deal, too good to be true. [Big Grin]

What do you consider to be, "Too good to be true"

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah I think a '93 GT blue-book is around $3k, and a '93 cobra blue-book would be around $9k

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

paid more than 3k but the car looks like its in showroom condition. I am excited though its really nice just want to get my clutch replaced

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you ask for the certificate of authenticity that you get with SVT vehicles?

Does it have the gt40p's that my cobra does? rear disc brakes, minor shit like that?

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

quote:
Originally posted by Fastback on Welds:
Did you ask for the certificate of authenticity that you get with SVT vehicles?

Does it have the gt40p's that my cobra does? rear disc brakes, minor shit like that?

You installed "GT40 P's" on your 93 Cobra?..."GT40 P's" only came on the '97.5+ Explorer 302...

--------------------

93venom
¯
Member # 778

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93venom  Ford pictures for 93venom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As long as you like it.....thats all that matters....

And your right, 93 cobras had gt40's, not gt40p's

--------------------
93 cobra #3445
1988 ranger-302 in progress
2003 ranger fx4 level 2

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com