Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Times for my car (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Times for my car
baymustang
¯
Member # 3246

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for baymustang  Ford pictures for baymustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is something if i ran a 14.3@97mph when my car was stock got some new things hoping on impoving on may 8th at the track
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by baymustang:
there is something if i ran a 14.3@97mph when my car was stock got some new things hoping on impoving on may 8th at the track

My stang is getting slower and slower everytime i installed mods lol

I ran 14.7 10000% stock.. Added gears headers pullies w/ radials ran a 13.797... Thas it... Now i added ac delete, smog delete short shifter, alum drive and i run 14.1s [Mad]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93mustangt:
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgt:
u need some gears for that set up, i recomended 3.73, and for better traction even on non slick tires get lower and upper control arms, that's what i'm getting for my car.

if you have any track experience you should know by his times and where he's talking about trapping on the tach that this thing already has gears whether he denies it or not. The question is whether they are 3.55 or 3.73 at this point. It needs to be tuned and it needs to hook, these are the only problems with this car as it sits [patriot]
I wouldn't be so quick to say this guy has gears. He said his tach might be off, (I assume he is using the stock one) and he said himself that he wasn't completely taching out, it was just getting high in the RPM range...that means something different to everyone.

JohnCM - some food for thought: I ran a 13.3 @ 103mph. I had offroad exhaust, pullies, gears and an Edelbrock intake. I was also running stock heads. You already have the mph for mid to low 13's. You have a lot of room to easily improve your combo. Like has been mentioned already, look at getting smaller injectrs, gears, and some tire to help you hook better. Cutting your 60fts would help you out a great deal.

Was that time with slicks or street tires?
Im not sure if you were asking me or JohnCM, but my time was on bald nitto DR's. I only had a 2.0 60' too.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did the car sound like it was taching out? with 3:73's your not taching out in 4th at the end of the quarter your taching out in 3rd/shifting to 4th [patriot]
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
Do you think he got a 2.3 with slicks [Confused]

As sad as that is, ive seen it done before [Frown] [Frown]
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just remember ppl a couple years ago told me to stay in 3rd until your done, Because I was shifting to 4th like a dumbass.

But that wasn't even an option this time, I was thinking maybe its because I have heads and way more mods than I had in my stock 87 GT. So having a cam and heads and other mods doesn't make a difference in your RPM's? [Confused]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
I just remember ppl a couple years ago told me to stay in 3rd until your done, Because I was shifting to 4th like a dumbass.

The ont time i stayed in third i ended up hitting the rev. limiter RIGHT before the finish line, so ill stick to shifting to 4th, its a pretty quick shift anyway
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was in the car 1 run. 1st gear got some trac. 2nd gear it burns em good and long. he is ending in 4th gear. i have a stock 5.0 with 3:55s i ran 14.302 @ 98mph i also end in 4th gear well mid to low of 4th gear rpms wise. my car got a 2.2 60 ft.

car feels much faster than a 13.9

he had 600 psi or less{80 shot 13 deg. timing} sprayed in 3rd and 4th. he gaind 4 mph and stayed at 13.9 [Confused] is that good.

this car feels really good. he knows and so do all his car frineds think it has ALOT more.

just more input

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just as a reference....in my 87 with 3.73, street tires, full exauhst, and a bbk cold air kit, I ran 13.90@ 99mph with a 2.1 60ft. COMPLETELY stock long block and intake man. Your car has WAY more in it than that. You need to shift at your peak points....they will differ from car to car...including yours. You may need 4th, you may not....just feel out the car, and figure it out. Test and tunes, although expensive, are well worth the money to find out what works best for your car.

--------------------
Too many motorcycles...and now a destroyed arm from Motocross...brrraaappp

Posts: 4056 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
At 6200 rpms and a 225/60-15 tire (25.6" diameter), 3rd gear will run to only ~93 mph with 3.73s and a T5, and that's bouncing off the limiter [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea I plan on getting more track time, I really need to get some slicks or something though so I can have a bit of hook for 2nd gear.

I'll be out there these next upcoming wednesdays, I'll see what kind of times I can get and I'll post. [patriot]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
u need some gears for that set up, i recomended 3.73, and for better traction even on non slick tires get lower and upper control arms, that's what i'm getting for my car.

if you have any track experience you should know by his times and where he's talking about trapping on the tach that this thing already has gears whether he denies it or not. The question is whether they are 3.55 or 3.73 at this point. It needs to be tuned and it needs to hook, these are the only problems with this car as it sits [patriot]
I wouldn't be so quick to say this guy has gears. He said his tach might be off, (I assume he is using the stock one) and he said himself that he wasn't completely taching out, it was just getting high in the RPM range...that means something different to everyone.

JohnCM - some food for thought: I ran a 13.3 @ 103mph. I had offroad exhaust, pullies, gears and an Edelbrock intake. I was also running stock heads. You already have the mph for mid to low 13's. You have a lot of room to easily improve your combo. Like has been mentioned already, look at getting smaller injectrs, gears, and some tire to help you hook better. Cutting your 60fts would help you out a great deal.

With 3.55's he'd be a 4800 in 4th. With 3.08's he'd be at 5600 in third. With 2.73's he'd be at 5000 in 3rd. 3.73's 5000 in 4th. 4.10's 5500 in 4th. Essentially it's a toos up. He says he was getting up in the RPM's in 4th, therefore he has to have 3.55's or above. With some freeway flyers he'd be getting up there in third not fourth. This thing has gears of some sort they probably just aren't biting as hard as they should be right now since it's obvious that the car is dieing for a tune. So unless he's been mistaken and was taching out in 3rd and not 4th he has to have some 3.55's or steeper in the rear end [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that mph is really low for that combo.i ran a similar combo in a 86 vert and ran 108-109 mph.the car was full weight.i had 4.10 gears and was in 4th a lil before the line.i went thru the traps at 6200 in 4th on the bottle(100 shot)and ran 119 mph.

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yea I plan on getting more track time, I really need to get some slicks or something though so I can have a bit of hook for 2nd gear.

I'll be out there these next upcoming wednesdays, I'll see what kind of times I can get and I'll post. [patriot]

learn how to drive the car with street tires before you try on slicks it is a whole new ball game get to know your car and drive it well then get slicks you can have 500 hp but not know how to drive and still pull a 13.00
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I COMPLETELY agree with that

--------------------

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
quote:

learn how to drive the car with street tires before you try on slicks it is a whole new ball game get to know your car and drive it well then get slicks you can have 500 hp but not know how to drive and still pull a 13.00
i almost crashed with some on the streets. then i blew my tranny [Mad]

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

3.73's 5000 in 4th
i dont know how that could be [Confused] ... im shifting to 4th right when i cross the finish line every time with 3:73's [Confused]
the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

remember tire hieght effects this as well...not just gear ratio

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Update: the car has 3.55's [patriot]

"TOLD YA [Wink] "

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok for whats's done to your car (JohnCM) you should have yanked on my buddies girls's car. (96 LT-1)she can drive good as you found out, but if you ready for a rematch (let's keep it off sunrise and or the freeway [Wink] )tonight at sac raceway she'll be running again as will I. I'll run you with you with what you just got [Big Grin] , but I guarantee its only gonna create more tracion issues for you. [burnout]

[ April 28, 2004, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: slidewayz94 ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I'll run you with you with what you just got

That is what the car has always had [Roll Eyes]

Again, once he learns the car (it is new to him) it will run low 13's to high 12's EASILY.

--------------------

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he said he was all motor last weekend.He said he just hooked up nitrous. n/a with his combo should at the least be a low 13
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

I was talking about N/A. The bottle will push him into the high 11's with some sticky tires and learning the car.

--------------------

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
probably not with 3.55s though

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
probably not with 3.55s though

Why would 3.55's hold him from the 11's?

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com