Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Times for my car (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Times for my car
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to sac lastnight

I ran a 13.9@103 with a 2.3 60 ft.

My mods are:

Cobra intake w/ 65mm t/b
Edelbrock heads
E cam
1.6rr's, mac equal lengths, O/R X pipe, Flowmasters
C&L 73mm /30 lb. injectors, Centerforce clutch, Hurst shifter,FRPP alum. driveshaft, stock 3:08 gears.

Does 13.9@103 with a 2.3 60 ft. seem right for my car?
Or is that embarassingly slow? [Frown]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gears and tires would bring down a couple of tenths. What rpm do you shift at? 30lb injectors?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that does seem rather slow but it is partially due to your 60 ft times get some drag radials and you will see some mid 13s
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You need traction and 24 pound injectors. You also have a 255 intank pump

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It used to be s.c thats why it has 30 lbs.
Would gears help that much? I was ending in 4th almost tached out. But my tach might be off.

Which gears would you recommend? 3:55's? or 3:73's? for my combo..

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Also would changing the injectors make it faster or no? I don't see how it would but I'm unsure
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You are running VERY FAT at this point. Need to lean it out BIG TIME! Open the diff cover and check to see if you don't already have 3.55's.

Cheater slicks are the BEST "mod [Wink] " you could use.

--------------------

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
I was ending in 4th almost tached out.

what tire size do you have and what rpm were you at?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
even with 3.73 gears, a 25 inch tall tire, and 103 traps, u should ave been around 5200rpm, not even close to taching it out

maybe the clutch is not adjusted or is just in need of replacing, that would cause the lower times and mph

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those times are nothing to be proud of...Like everyone else is suggesting, you need to see what gears you have right now...If, you're taching out in fourth you must have some 3.73 atleast...

Yeah, and 30#s are a little too big for your combo...I'm guessing that combo is normally good for 245-255 rwhp, so 103 traps isn't too bad, but it should be closer to 104...

2.3 60ft times are where your ET suffers...Your car is easily a mid 13 second ride if you just got better starts...

The good news is, you can only improve on these numbers!.. [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

hmm My clutch maybe be slipping. But it grabs hard goin into second i had to left off the gas to keep from spinning and then go on it and it kept spinning. Traction at the track must've just sucked yesterday (wednesdays)

I'm going to get 24 lbs. and a matching mass air meter.
I also have nitrous, But I didn't use it because my bottle was empty lastnight. But I'm going to go get it filled right after I type this. [burnout] [patriot]

Slicks will be in the future for sure

I think its slow though

My 87 ran 14.2@99 with a 2.2 60 ft. when i was 16

anyways thx laters

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man you deffinetly need the 24# and either practice or control arms and/or drag raidials to get those 60's down, so you know quick88lx on this board has a 88 lx with edelbrock heads, performer intake, stock injectors, MAF, 70mm tbody, exhaust, 3.55 gears and a good set of control arms and E.T. Streets and was running 12.83 with a 1.7 60 ft [patriot]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Would backing the screw outta the fuel pressure regulator help me?
[Confused] It leans it out correct?

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
19 lb injectors are plenty for this combo. cut the 2.3 to a 2.0 and youare already mid to low 13's. If you have stock 3.08's and were taching outin fourth your MPH would be 10's worthy at least. [Wink] You need to see what you have in that rear end. you don't need to take the differential cover off to do this. jack the rear end up and place a piece of tape or some how mark your driveshaft. Rotate your rear wheels 1 time exactly and however many times your driveshaft rotates is what you have in the rear end. In your case there is no way in hell it would be 3.08 because regaurdless if your tach is off you can hear when you are taching out or not. My best guess would be 3.73's. [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

oh yea im sorry it didnt tach out

but it was very high on the tach, very high

i just think my tach is off

theres no way this can have gears its way too slow [Razz]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Until you lean it out and "tune" it, you will think it is slow.

God.............. what I could do with this car and its mods [Frown]

EDIT: Give me this car and $450 total and I will give it back to you with slicks, 105mph and CONSISTENT 12's [Wink]

You could do it for a lot less yourself ofcourse.

[ April 22, 2004, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u need some gears for that set up, i recomended 3.73, and for better traction even on non slick tires get lower and upper control arms, that's what i'm getting for my car.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Don, PM me a list of stuff to get and I'll work on getting it all. I want consistent 12's [Big Grin]
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgt:
u need some gears for that set up, i recomended 3.73, and for better traction even on non slick tires get lower and upper control arms, that's what i'm getting for my car.

if you have any track experience you should know by his times and where he's talking about trapping on the tach that this thing already has gears whether he denies it or not. The question is whether they are 3.55 or 3.73 at this point. It needs to be tuned and it needs to hook, these are the only problems with this car as it sits [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
quote:

if you have any track experience you should know by his times and where he's talking about trapping on the tach that this thing already has gears whether he denies it or not. The question is whether they are 3.55 or 3.73 at this point. It needs to be tuned and it needs to hook, these are the only problems with this car as it sits [patriot]
Damm 5.0 geek [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin] [worship]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't be so quick to say this guy has gears. He said his tach might be off, (I assume he is using the stock one) and he said himself that he wasn't completely taching out, it was just getting high in the RPM range...that means something different to everyone.

JohnCM - some food for thought: I ran a 13.3 @ 103mph. I had offroad exhaust, pullies, gears and an Edelbrock intake. I was also running stock heads. You already have the mph for mid to low 13's. You have a lot of room to easily improve your combo. Like has been mentioned already, look at getting smaller injectrs, gears, and some tire to help you hook better. Cutting your 60fts would help you out a great deal.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
93mustangt
¯
Member # 680

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93mustangt  Ford pictures for 93mustangt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't be so quick to say this guy has gears. He said his tach might be off, (I assume he is using the stock one) and he said himself that he wasn't completely taching out, it was just getting high in the RPM range...that means something different to everyone.

JohnCM - some food for thought: I ran a 13.3 @ 103mph. I had offroad exhaust, pullies, gears and an Edelbrock intake. I was also running stock heads. You already have the mph for mid to low 13's. You have a lot of room to easily improve your combo. Like has been mentioned already, look at getting smaller injectrs, gears, and some tire to help you hook better. Cutting your 60fts would help you out a great deal.

Was that time with slicks or street tires?
Posts: 543 | From: Orange county, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Do you think he got a 2.3 with slicks [Confused]

If you are still wondering, they were street tires.

--------------------

JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Thanks for all the help guys, I'm going to try and drive better this time

I'll be at the track each wednesday for 4 weeks. Then I'm going to get some parts. [burnout]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
Originally posted by JohnCM:
I'm going to try and drive better this time

I'll be at the track each wednesday for 4 weeks

HELL YA [patriot]

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com