Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Reichard Racing Intake (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Reichard Racing Intake
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is the comment from the fellow who tested the intake on his N/A 2V:

I was the N/A guinnea pig today. Not as good of results. We only gained about 7 peak horsepower and lost tons of torque in the powerband. The short runners just don't generate enough velocity without a blower. keep in mind that the blown car gained 55 hp over a Bullit intake. Just imagine what you'll get if you have a blower with a stock intake and you swap it out for one of these. THIS thing ROCKS with a blower.

So...how many GP commitments do we still have at $1400 [Roll Eyes]

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67stang:
Here is the comment from the fellow who tested the intake on his N/A 2V:

I was the N/A guinnea pig today. Not as good of results. We only gained about 7 peak horsepower and lost tons of torque in the powerband. The short runners just don't generate enough velocity without a blower. keep in mind that the blown car gained 55 hp over a Bullit intake. Just imagine what you'll get if you have a blower with a stock intake and you swap it out for one of these. THIS thing ROCKS with a blower.

So...how many GP commitments do we still have at $1400 [Roll Eyes]

they knew they were not going to see too big of gains on this intake as it sits on a N/A application as they did on a blown car. That is why they are making a smaller version, and changing the runner length and a few other things to increase velocity to make it see more mid-range power for those do not have full race set-ups or blowers.
So...how many GP commitments do we still have at $1400, which is not even a correct price "if" there was a GP. [Roll Eyes]

[ December 18, 2002, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chuck are you going to buy this new NA version of the intake without seeing dyno numbers on a NA car. If so I will gladly make a intake for you and sell it to you for half the price [Wink]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ December 18, 2002, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: 2000BlackGT ]

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chuck check your PMs
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea I noticed that the dynoe even on blown motor did gaim HP but over all it lost 25# torq hmm I think they need to up make the runners bigger to try to get more velocity and gain torq

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:
yea I noticed that the dynoe even on blown motor did gaim HP but over all it lost 25# torq hmm I think they need to up make the runners bigger to try to get more velocity and gain torq

you only charge $60 an hour for tech support and R&D right? LOL [Wink] I talked to Reichard Racing today and they seem to know what they're doing with this intake.
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:

you only charge $60 an hour for tech support and R&D right? LOL [Wink] I talked to Reichard Racing today and they seem to know what they're doing with this intake.
I hope they expand the runers to make more torq on both n/a and S/C

damm am I goin to have to make my own intake out of carbonfiber [Eek!] (it would be stronger then alluminum and run cooler than plastic wich runs cooler then sheet metal )im goin to school this people arent I think I might just have to

LOL

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
they knew they were not going to see too big of gains on this intake as it sits on a N/A application as they did on a blown car. That is why they are making a smaller version, and changing the runner length and a few other things to increase velocity to make it see more mid-range power for those do not have full race set-ups or blowers.
So...how many GP commitments do we still have at $1400, which is not even a correct price "if" there was a GP. [Roll Eyes] [/QB]

All good... i was just simply relaying the info, as your earlier posts indicated you wanted to try the same intake which yeiled 55hp on a blown car. peas
93LX342
¯
Member # 1793

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93LX342  Ford pictures for 93LX342    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
chuck i will bet 1 paycheck that the car runs at least 1 tenth slower with the intake.that is like slapping a hogan intake on a stock 5.0 you may see a few peak hosrepower but it will suck drivin it around town.

--------------------
06 f250 superduty with some mods.
95 f250
www.unlimitedracing.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com