Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » N20 on a stock block (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: N20 on a stock block
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Like Scott said ( customn2o ) the tune up right is the most improtant part of making a nitruos motor live. Detination is the number one killer of motors or lack of fuel supply. I myself have run cast piston motors with shots from 125 to 175 for many years with no problems but the timing, fuel curve spark plug heat range etc etc was all perfect

Yeah keying off what Coug said I too ran a 175 shot on my cast piston motor for about three years before it took a dive. And detonation is what destroyed my motor. I have a dry kit from NOS and although I loved it prior to now, it forces your fuel injectors to operate at 100% duty cycle for sometimes long periods of time. My #3 fuel injector gave up the ghost under spray and about 1.5 seconds of LOUD detonation was all it took. But a 125 shot should be plenty safe. I'd stick with a wet kit to avoid depending on your injectors to provide the added fuel. Direct port is actually the best for fuel distribution and atomization but it's also the most expensive. A small plate jetted for 125-150 will be quite safe. Just do your homework and find a reputable installer (or if you think you and an educated friend can install it do it yourself).... A one fiddy shot should get you more than a second and at least 10 mph in the quarter or something is wrong... (My 150 shot was getting me 1.4 seconds and 14mph....)

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :
OutlawZ
The OutlawZ
Member # 24

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutlawZ  Ford pictures for OutlawZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh BTW, Scott can you email me at jason.brisson@langley.af.mil on some nitrous kit options with NX that you can hook me up with. Here's the deal I'm looking into. TNT has a nitrous 'upgrade' kit that they will just sell you their plate, solenoids, jets, and short line for the fuel solenoid to the fuel shrader valve (it's an LT1 kit)... It allows you to convert your system to TNT without having to buy new braided supply lines and a new bottle.... So I can convert my system for like 300 bones instead of 500-700.... I like what NX has on the market but don't want to buy EVERYTHING. I already have like three nitrous bottles and I don't need 4.... So what I need to know from you is if you can hook me up with a few things and if you can get a price for me I'd appreciate it. Here's what I require:

Plate (if they have one) for a 58mm throttle body equipped LT1
If they don't have a plate I'll need a nozzle that will be capable of flowing at least 200hp if I decide to jet it to that much. I know they have an SX2 nozzle with 4 seperate ports for a dual stage but I'd like to keep my system single stage.
Fuel solenoid capable of at least 200hp (if not more if I decide on a bigger nozzle later on)
Nitrous solenoid (same as above)
Short line for shrader to fuel solenoid (about a couple feet)

That's about all I need to convert my current NOS dry system to the wet NX.... I'd rather do a plate but if they don't have one I'll go with a nozzle. Thanks Scott. You can send me some pricing to jason.brisson@langley.af.mil....

--------------------
1995 OutlawZ28
Old motor-355 ci LT1 10.40@131
New motor-CSM Race Engines solid roller 383 LT1....
Cali's fastest LT1-period....

Posts: 486 | From: Fairfizzle, CA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com