Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Blower install... Try2Paz, Youl luz, Blown....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Blower install... Try2Paz, Youl luz, Blown....
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wondering how much does it cost for a install for a supercharger... In the far future i am planning on adding one, but was just curious as how much it is to do the job... The ones i was planning on were either a Pro-Charger or Vortech, or perhaps even a Saleen Roots blower. I hoping in about 2-3 years down the road on this mod for my car, first im looking into some heads and intake (port&polished), hopefully around the end of summer on those. Thanx for any info.. After the head and intake mod what ET do you think i might be good for and what kinda hp should i be looking at, sorry for all the ?'s, just want to learn....

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: 98StangPower ]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First how mnay miles are on your motor? I would not put a S/C on a motor with anymore than 60,000 miles. I would rebuid your engine first. I highly reconmend that you put 99 heads and intake on your car. After that, if you still want to go fast, then buy a NOS kit. Remember a S/C kit complete is around $3,500. engine rebuild is around $5,000. intercooler is around $1250
As for the install, wikd281 helped me out a lot. I'm sure there are people on the board that will help you next to nothing.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
99gt-UJSTLST
¯
Member # 584

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99gt-UJSTLST  Ford pictures for 99gt-UJSTLST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
First how mnay miles are on your motor? I would not put a S/C on a motor with anymore than 60,000 miles. I would rebuid your engine first. I highly reconmend that you put 99 heads and intake on your car. After that, if you still want to go fast, then buy a NOS kit. Remember a S/C kit complete is around $3,500. engine rebuild is around $5,000. intercooler is around $1250
As for the install, wikd281 helped me out a lot. I'm sure there are people on the board that will help you next to nothing.

iam seeling my heads off my 99gt 2v if your interested they are in great shape
its the heads upper and loower intake
all you would need to do is buy the new bolts for the heads and of course the gaskets
iam asking 900 for them'

--------------------
SOUTH BAY STANGS
MINOR BOLT ON'S

www.southbaystangs.com

Posts: 2558 | From: SAN JOSE CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:

all you would need to do is buy the new bolts for the heads and of course the gaskets
iam asking 900 for them'

I would love to buy them from you, but i am short on the flow right now, unless you do payments...
and do you know anyone who might be able to help put them on?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

ihatethesesns
¯
Member # 684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ihatethesesns  Ford pictures for ihatethesesns    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99gt-UJSTLST:

iam asking 900 for them'

Do you have aim? I would like to talk more about these heads you have. I have to see how much I get back on taxs first.

--------------------
" Friends come and go but enemies Accumulate"

'Fight Crime Shoot First'

Deftone37
¯
Member # 563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deftone37  Ford pictures for Deftone37    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
edit: double post, see below..

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: Deftone37 ]

--------------------
'98 GT
mostly stock

Posts: 20 | From: fremont, ca | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Deftone37
¯
Member # 563

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deftone37  Ford pictures for Deftone37    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From what I've heard, I'd go with FRPP Heads and Intake if you are going to be blown. Otherwise, do the 99 headswap and use a 100 shot of nitrous.

The compression with the 99 heads is way too high to be blown without having to lower the boost.

--------------------
'98 GT
mostly stock

Posts: 20 | From: fremont, ca | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com