Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » sold (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: sold
GTE
¯
Member # 5839

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTE  Ford pictures for GTE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sold

[ May 14, 2012, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: GTE ]

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GLWS clean car
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Very good seller...very nice car...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Chinitzzz
¯
Member # 10751

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chinitzzz  Ford pictures for Chinitzzz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jus keep it very nice n beautiful car

--------------------
1987 coupe -under construction

GTE
¯
Member # 5839

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GTE  Ford pictures for GTE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ls1kid:
Jus keep it very nice n beautiful car

I've thought about it, but I don't want to spend my Thanksgiving weekend under the hood of a car. lol

I've had 3 people offer me $3500. I was hoping for $4k.

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whoa whoa whoa...

I am missing the part where you got screwed over [Confused]

Did you not look the car over and take it for a spin? Is the hole in the seat and the 160K a surprise to you?

Also, what makes you think the car needs head gaskets?

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
GTE
¯
Member # 5839

[ May 14, 2012, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: GTE ]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's your responsibility to fully look over a car before completing the transaction.

If the car has bad HGs, it should be over-heating very quickly, even after a short drive.

What symptoms were you seeing out on the road before the shop told you it's a HG issue?

And what is meant by "bad HGs?"

If you were able to drive the car and everything "seemed fine" maybe the previous owner was also experiencing the same thing?

[ November 22, 2011, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

GTE
¯
Member # 5839

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
It's your responsibility to fully look over a car before completing the transaction.

If the car has bad HGs, it should be over-heating very quickly, even after a short drive.

What symptoms were you seeing out on the road before the shop told you it's a HG issue?

If you were able to drive the car and everything "seemed fine" maybe the previous owner was also experiencing the same thing?

Ok, I didn't get screwed over, I made a bad purchase. Better? Jesus dude.

Are you even interested in the car?

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2698918784.html

is this the same car?

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

GTE
¯
Member # 5839

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/2698918784.html

is this the same car?

Yes, that's it.
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get under that hood and get your hands dirty! Clean cobra.

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this Ian's old ride?
Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here ya go

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=050720 [patriot]

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea clean car man keep it,unless your just regreting the purchase

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

not always luke the can blow chamber to camber an never show that is overheating on the guage
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's my old car! Sucks that it needs a head gasket though. You should also get under the car and check to see if all the Maximum Motorsports suspension parts are still in tact...what you described and what it "used to have" when I sold it are completely different!

I say you do the head gasket and keep it! It's a nice ride!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

GTE
¯
Member # 5839

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
That's my old car! Sucks that it needs a head gasket though. You should also get under the car and check to see if all the Maximum Motorsports suspension parts are still in tact...what you described and what it "used to have" when I sold it are completely different!

I looked when I loaded it on the trailer tonight, all the rear stuff is still there. The panhard bar, torque arm, tubular uppers etc.

How long ago did you sell it?

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GTE:
quote:

I looked when I loaded it on the trailer tonight, all the rear stuff is still there. The panhard bar, torque arm, tubular uppers etc.

How long ago did you sell it?

If that's still intact, then you probably still have H&R Race front springs, H&R Super Race rear springs, and Bilstein shocks/struts. I had all the suspension stuff installed when I owned the car a couple years ago. I think I sold it about 2 years ago to a guy (he was a member on here) from Citrus Heights or something like that. I know about the hole in the seat as well [Big Grin] It's really a solid car with lots of suspension goodies. I'll cash you out $2500 for it [Wink]

--------------------

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
youll be overall losing if you sell cuz of hg. fix it. thats a dope cobra

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's this place coming to???

I see GTE post up, then read about Fred and Nova Pat in another post

Oh, and I can vouch for GTE - he's a total dick

But he ain't gonna fuck anyone over

Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:

I actually was interested in this car and contacted BOTH previous owners before you bought it.

Regardless, the Mustang community is pretty small and some folks more than likely know the previous owner. As a result, claiming you got "screwed over" is a strong claim and from your description, it sounds like that claim was emotional and lacked base.

"Jesus dude" -> my sentiments towards you exactly.

--------------------
Stangless

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:

I actually was interested in this car and contacted BOTH previous owners before you bought it.

Regardless, the Mustang community is pretty small and some folks more than likely know the previous owner. As a result, claiming you got "screwed over" is a strong claim and from your description, it sounds like that claim was emotional and lacked base.

Luke, just quit the BS and buy the car already [Razz] It is worth the head gasket change [Wink]

GTE...I've got $2500 cash for you if you're ready to let it go. Serious offer [patriot]

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Luke, just quit the BS and buy the car already [Razz] It is worth the head gasket change [Wink]

GTE...I've got $2500 cash for you if you're ready to let it go. Serious offer [patriot]

$2600 on my part [Wink] Just as serious as Ian above.

--------------------
Stangless

GTE
¯
Member # 5839

[ May 14, 2012, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: GTE ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com