Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to General Talk.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » FS: 2003 Mach 1... (Page 3)

Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: FS: 2003 Mach 1...
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

1SIKSVT
¯
Member # 9362

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SIKSVT  Ford pictures for 1SIKSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TTT for a clean a** MACH... [patriot]

--------------------
01 blk stang(SOLD)
07 gt(SOLD)
03 cobra dark shadow gray

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
...if I do decide to return it to stock & sell the parts off, this is a list of the parts I will be keeping for myself so I can install them on my coupe.

-MM Panhard bar

Dustin, I think the PHB is 79-98 and 99-04 specific.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ey Dustin Just saw dis I'm a lil late but gud luck on this and hope u sell, don't wana see it go but ur still gunna have that coupe. TTT for a clean mach [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Luke, & Hector...

TTT...

$14,500?

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't u figured out that nobodys gonna buy this car and u should stick with your original idea and d-mod that thing,make some cash,and get the rig u really want [Confused] or was this just another EPIK feeler that was never gonna end the way u originally wanted [Confused] either way I don't think u or anybody else for that matter knows what YOU want,ur like a freakin kid in a candy store bud [patriot]

[ December 24, 2010, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
Haven't u figured out that nobodys gonna buy this car and u should stick with your original idea and d-mod that thing,make some cash,and get the rig u really want [Confused] or was this just another EPIK feeler that was never gonna end the way u originally wanted [Confused] either way I don't think u or anybody else for that matter knows what YOU want,ur like a freakin kid in a candy store bud [patriot]

I would rather sell it as is right now, its easier that way... I might still de mod after a while, but its really no rush. I WILL be getting a CTS-V though regardless...

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dustin, I honestly think you have the cleanest Mach 1 I have seen. That being said. I think you will be hard pressed to get your asking price on this car. Based on the economy and that you are asking for above blue book. you should sell your upgrades lower your asking price and it will probably sell. Im not sure how much you owe on it but you "might" have to take a small loss to get rid of it and get the car you want

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:

I would rather sell it as is right now, its easier that way... I might still de mod after a while, but its really no rush. I WILL be getting a CTS-V though regardless...
get a e39 m5 instead..much nicer then a cts-v
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
quote:
quote:

True. Also much more expensive to buy, tougher to mod, and more costly to fix.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1000

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Guys, I love the E39 M5 more than the CTS-V, but I'm afraid to own any type of beamer, let alone & high performance one. The car is gonna be my DD, & that means the beamer will need maintenance often, which will not be cheap...

--------------------

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
quote:
quote:

not true.. price is close maybe 2k max diff.. stock they are close in speed giving the edge to the m5.. for a dd max youd want is intake,mid pipe and exhaust.. so mod per mod it will do just as good as a ls6,ls2 cts-v.. maybe a little less hp but it will more then make up for it in weight savings.. if youve ever owned a bmw youd know that they make exhaust system that can survive a atomic bomb.. outside the ctv looks okay but inside looks like shit.. the e39 m5 is the best m5... timeless
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

not true.. price is close maybe 2k max diff.. stock they are close in speed giving the edge to the m5.. for a dd max youd want is intake,mid pipe and exhaust.. so mod per mod it will do just as good as a ls6,ls2 cts-v.. maybe a little less hp but it will more then make up for it in weight savings.. if youve ever owned a bmw youd know that they make exhaust system that can survive a atomic bomb.. outside the ctv looks okay but inside looks like shit.. the e39 m5 is the best m5... timeless
Like I said, I love the E39 M5 to death, but in my price range they will all be in the 50k-80k mile range. With the car being a DD, it wont take long to hit the 100k mile mark, & BMW maintenance gets pretty scary at that range. Perfomance wise, in stock trim they should be pretty even, but modded, I think the CTS-V has the edge. looks wise, I will agree, the M5 looks nicer inside & out, but CTS-V's are also great looking cars IMO....

[ December 27, 2010, 12:17 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Guys, I love the E39 M5 more than the CTS-V, but I'm afraid to own any type of beamer, let alone & high performance one. The car is gonna be my DD, & that means the beamer will need maintenance often, which will not be cheap...

e39 m5 is solid..before the mach.. i had a e36 m3.. the old m series cars are solid compared to these new ones with all this computer shit.. it will have your normal bushing and water pump issues but these are very simple and relatively cheap.. ask ctsv owners how they like thier diffs.. m5 will always have a solid resale compared to a ctsv which is high now but will drop when normal cars start to have more power then it.. ctsv is only fast.. thats all it has going for it..m5 is way more of a car then just speed.
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
quote:

e39 m5 is solid..before the mach.. i had a e36 m3.. the old m series cars are solid compared to these new ones with all this computer shit.. it will have your normal bushing and water pump issues but these are very simple and relatively cheap.. ask ctsv owners how they like thier diffs.. m5 will always have a solid resale compared to a ctsv which is high now but will drop when normal cars start to have more power then it.. ctsv is only fast.. thats all it has going for it..m5 is way more of a car then just speed.
I agree with you about the M5 being a better all around car, but the CTS-V can hold its own. It handles well for a big car, has large brembo brakes, rides smooth, has navigation, sunroof, heated seats etc. As far as the diff goes, yeah its brittle, but lets not forget, I am buying the car to be a fun DD, not my racecar, thats what my coupe is for. So honestly the cts wouldn't really get beat on very often...

[ December 27, 2010, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: *EPIK* ]

--------------------

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ummmm... I know BMW's better than most. My dad has driven a 3 series since 1991. Since I sold my Harley Davidson pickup, I'm borrowing his '02 330 that he has held onto since he bought his Cayman S. It has 177K on the clock and drives beautifully. There is no doubt that the drivetrains are nearly bullet proof. Its the ancillary stuff that will pummel your wallet... water pumps, fuel pumps, radiators, brake rotors, starters, HVAC controls/fans. Those are just a few of the items that can seriously bend you over if you happen to be unlucky or buy a car that's been poorly maintained.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ummmm... I know BMW's better than most. My dad has driven a 3 series since 1991. Since I sold my Harley Davidson pickup, I'm borrowing his '02 330 that he has held onto since he bought his Cayman S. It has 177K on the clock and drives beautifully. There is no doubt that the drivetrains are nearly bullet proof. Its the ancillary stuff that will pummel your wallet... water pumps, fuel pumps, radiators, brake rotors, starters, HVAC controls/fans. Those are just a few of the items that can seriously bend you over if you happen to be unlucky or buy a car that's been poorly maintained.
Man they are badass though.My vote goes for the M5.
 -

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com