Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » PARTING OUT My 10 second N/A 347 combo

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: PARTING OUT My 10 second N/A 347 combo
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
*PM me anything your interest in getting pricing on*

Well, the time has come to change up the combo. So up for sale is everything that has to do with a pushrod style motor from my yellow 94 GT. I think a lot of you have seen it around over the years and know what it runs, what it looks like and the power it makes. For those of you that don't, the car is an N/A EFI pump gas friendly 347 that has made 466 RWHP and 428 RWTQ SAE and has gone a best of 10.69 @ 127 MPH in my street trim 94.

I have not removed anything from the car yet, but will be shortly. I would like to sell everything as a package deal if possible. Which will include almost everything to just install this motor/front suspension/exhaust combo into a fox/sn95 platform and go run 10's. Everything from the chip and MAF to the K member and coilovers. The reason I would like to sell everything as a package is that this setup has a beautiful set of $2500 custom stainless step headers with merge collectors that is fit to only this application, (8.2 deck block with Griggs chromoly K member). I would really hate to see these go to waist, but if it happens then so be it. I will sell things in pieces eventually, but the motor must be sold first.

I'm sure I'll be forgeting a lot of the stuff I have into the car that I'll be remembering while removing things, so I'll have to keep updating this post. Here is what I can remember off hand;

The Motor

Production 5.0L roller block, .030 over (new when motor was built)
Eagle cast steel crankshaft
Eagle SIR connecting rods
CP custom pistons 11.1:1 with current setup
Custom metric low tension oil ring package
Clevite 77 bearings
ARP head and main studs
Blueprinted Standard volume/standard pressure oil pump
ARP oil pump driveshaft
Milodon deep pan with windage screen and braided stainless tip stick setup
Billet steel main girdle
Romac Balancer
Cometic MLS head gaskets
Victor Jr. cylinder heads with lots of custom port work and upgraded valves
Comp cams 917 valve springs with titanium ratainers
Victor 5.0 intake manifold again with costom port work
Accufab 80mm Race throttle body with race egr delete plate
HiTech custom camshaft
Rollmaster Billet timing set
Sherman Racing modified hydro lifters
Custom 3/8 pushrods
Comp. Cams HiTech stainless rockers, 1.73 ratio
ARP 7/16 rocker studs
Comp. Cams rocker girdles
Costom fabricated valve covers with 3 breathers, (clear 94/95 alt. location)
Custom Moroso oil baffles
Stock 94/95 fuel rails with 42# injectors and Kirban AFPR
Custom 4 inch CAI, (requires cuting for fitment)
Pro M 88mm MAF for 42# injectors
Mezier electic water pump, (polished)
Poly motor mounts
Polished accessory brackets
Polished 200 amp alternator
Stock style distributor with blue printed polymer gear
Taylor 409 race spark plug wires
Custom SCT Chip

The Front Suspension

Griggs Racing tubular k member and a arms for 94/95 car, (can be run on other cars, but wheel offset will change or you can get the Griggs a arms for your app.)
Strange 10 way adjustable struts
Strange coil over kit with 175 rate springs

The Exhaust

Custom built stainless 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 step headers with 3 inch merge collectors, (cost $2500 to have made and are built for this app.)
Bassani o/r 3 inch x pipe
Bassani 3 inch race cat back modified to go under rear axle for ARB clearance

The car has been in a few magazines with this setup, the most recent one being the September 2007 edition of MM&FF. I dont have many recent pics of the setup, but will be taking several as soon as I pull the motor out and re-clean/polish everything up. I also will disassemble the motor, inspect everything and install new bearings if buyer request.

Asking price for everything is $8500 and $6500 for the motor alone. Once again I'm not willing to part out anything until at least the motor is sold.

I will be out of town from July 2nd to the 6th so if you would like to give me a call at 916-275-8212 please leave a message or you can send me a PM and I'll respond to you on the 6th.

Drew

AED

[ July 20, 2009, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sucks its going! Can u tell us what ur new combo is gonna be?

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Drew! That combo would be killer in my Coupe!!! Best of luck with the sale. If I wasn't trying the this class racing deal, I would be all over it. That motor in a 2700lbs Fox coupe, with my clutch and trans would be a blast to drive. Someone will end up with a proven killer combo...and at a damn good price!!!

What are you up to next???

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do I smell a modular motor cooking? Possibly a setup similar to you wifes? Or maybe a 4 valve, I guess we will see in time to come. Good luck on the sale. Somebody is gonna have the ride of there life with that thing. TTT
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Only way I would sell that was to go mod motor or chevy LS.........which I am sure you are doing one of either.

Good luck.

I know it is a lowball but I have someone interested in the motor alone for $4500

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
I also will disassemble the motor, inspect everything and install new bearings if buyer request.

Real GOOD deal if this is done w/o charge!

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Drew, Shuan told me about the new setup. Holy crap man that thing is gonna be sick, dare I say another mag feature. I don't wanna spill the beans cuz I don't know If it's secret but that is gonna be wild and can't wait to see it.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is a motor that's worth the dough if I've ever seen one.

And Drew is getting rid of the Griggs K, so I think its safe to say the next motor will be modular... [Wink]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Drew, wanna sell me ur electric water pump? lol i know u wont part but worth a shot [Big Grin]

if u can though can u please pm me the part number for the one that u have or the one i need for my car. thanks [patriot]

[ July 06, 2009, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: SPTVENM ]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM's replied to.

TTT

--------------------
AED

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Please somebody buy this. Just the though of that engine in my black coupe is giving me wood. [Eek!] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

TTT

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

10.79 on 18's with this combo in an SN!!!!

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

TTT

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

TTT

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

TTT

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Knowbody is stepping up to buy complete, so its coming apart. Let me know what you want.

[ July 20, 2009, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are the valve springs and retainers off erics old car? If so I need them if they will work with my set up talked to shawn awhile back, car is running needs a few fuel clamps and a tune, let me know if we can work something out.

Steve

916 293 2267

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PLEASE PLEASE somebody buy this set up before i do something stupid. [patriot]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
2stang
¯
Member # 4237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stang  Ford pictures for 2stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are the valve covers tall or short?

--------------------
-92 GT

Posts: 377 | From: walnut creek | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm sent
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com