Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » FOR(D) SALE:   » FS: '99 Cobra motor/trans/harness/ECM

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: FS: '99 Cobra motor/trans/harness/ECM
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had this setup kicking around for a while and it will be a long time before I use it. It is a complete motor and trans, from the water pump pulley to the shifter, with all the bolts, accessories, and water hoses, etc. etc. It was removed from a '99 Cobra with 105k miles with a rod knock and replaced with a complete setup from Ford Racing. The transmission was good and made no noise. The clutch disc was original, so it is safe to say that the car was not abused. I later procured a new harness and ECM which I have verified as correct for this motor, and am interested in selling the whole package. I will not part it out, so don't ask for the intake, the alternator, or other little widget.

Asking $1500 obo

510-914-0453

[ April 09, 2007, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: phildog ]

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any pics and it has been rebuilt or it still has the problem thanks

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No pics yet, as it is quite predictable looking. The motor has not yet been disassembled, and would need the bottom end rebuilt prior to operation.
ryancway
¯
Member # 7237

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ryancway  Ford pictures for ryancway    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
have you removed the oil pan to ensure that the crank was not scored? when I spun my main bearings I hadto buy a new crank which was about $600 bucks.
Posts: 29 | From: pleasant hill | Registered: Nov 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com