Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Vortecs and stock mustangs??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Vortecs and stock mustangs???
Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlownIroc:
But your rims look like Blue Light specials from KMART!If you want a cheesy plastic trophy that bad I'll make you one. I'll even engrave it to say " WHINEY ASS BITCH"!

Ladies...calm down. Look, like UKCobra said, in a peer judged show, you have individual tastes that have to be pleased in order to win. As far as the rims comment...those are Roush wheels. You have a problem with those, then don't buy them(if you can find them, that is).

I do however agree with the posts made by others(I can't go back and quote them all). I think that their are a few cars that had better paint, more work, more under the hood, etc that I should have taken a placement. But WHO CARES!!! The judging is over. The show is over. There will be others. And while I think some people didn't get an award that should have, there were damn nice cars there, so someone had to lose.

The most important question to answer is: Did you have a good time? If you did, then be happy because you went to the show for the rght reason.

--------------------
Ross
'88 GT - 5.0&SF 4/04 | MM&FF 8/09 | MM&FF 79-93 Mustang Performance Cover 12/12
'17 GT350R

98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey firechicken.... i think jimmy has invested a lot more money in his car like a kenne bell supercharger and a gt 40 crate motor with all the boltons...... dont u think thats enough time and money ?

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~
http://community.webshots.com/album/68102500CVFrNy

Posts: 596 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no need for a recount, the results won't change. There was no issue with first and second place in that group, Jon was a clear winner.

The results were reviewed by Matt, Gabe, Brian and Sawson.

The best thing to do is get someone else to look at your car to point out what needs work.

I saw some great cars with dirty engines. I saw cars with some mods that had been finished badly. These things make ME walk away.

Each of us like different things and vote accordingly.

Lets stop the posts, and take an objective look at our cars and see what we can improve.

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, wait I thought the point of a show is based on looks. So, a black car stands out how??? Nothing personal to people with black cars. But seriously, It starts to look the same. Drop the hood on it and tell me what makes it stand out???

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with UK. Its all in how its detailed. If it looks like you washed the car minutes before it won't win, not saying you did. But when you spend lots of time getting into every detail of a car, just to make it look good. It does show. My $.02

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EVERYONE: All of this is really counterproductive. This was our first show so it is all new to us..The judging was done by all parties that entered the show. There will not be a recount of anything as we were very careful to count and tally everything up carefully.. I read the votes and UKCOBRA tallied them up and there is no favoritism on our part. if anyone has idea's on how to better run the next 98COBRA show IM all ears..Please email me your ideas to GABRIEL@98COBRA.COM

something for everyone to keep in mind: Its better to leave the ring gracefully, then to be carried out kicking and screaming after a loss.
Words to live by

Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
people voted for who they wanted to vote for and its over and the winners are set. i am happy i didnt think i was goin to go home with anything but i did my section wasnt big but i won the award thanx i am happy and i got my first trophy out of it. that means a lot to me. to me its what makes ur car stand out the most in a car show, its more the car to me than the motor, if it was a drag contest then yes i can see who wood win but its about the looks, i voted for what cars i thought looked good and stood out from the rest. if i had a choice between jons car, a saleen clone or real saleen, or whatever i wood have chose jons not jsut becuz hes my friend and part of the same crew, but how different his car is, unique color and how often u see 18 in 95 cobra rs? thats why. thats cool that u spent a lot of money on ur motor and what not, to me a car show is about looks.oh for the rousch rims comment about try to find them i see them all the time in mm&ff in the for sale sections, if u like them fine but ill passs
and yes im in the sic crew so make ur comments if ya want, we all have nice cars and we all love our cars and take time on our cars, but there was only 11 of us that voted, its over until the next time we will see who wins......

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can we all just get along people...
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fuck all you haters

--------------------
Support our troops!

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
people, you are missing the whole point here!! it was not about winning, it was about supporting the site and meeting fellow board members!! [Wink]
i dont feel bad that almost noone looked at my cobra; i enjoyed the experice!(i didn't even vote for my car [BS flag] [IMG]
'till next year!
Pd: i am getting a blower for sure, maybe then i'll have a chance!! [BS flag]

http://members.aol.com/jmir018/images/a1.jpg[/IMG] )

--------------------
=(

1SicStanG716
the sic crew
Member # 716

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicStanG716  Ford pictures for 1SicStanG716  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
agree with that it was a fun show and i met soooo many new ppl

--------------------
2001 sivler metallic v6 stang
The Sic Crew's Chic Magnet
Ford Service Tech/Sequioa Student
click this link http://www.pylon1.com/cobra/1sicstang_new02.jpg

R.I.P Miles "ull be in my prayers and thoughts" 12/13/79-12/08/02

Posts: 1729 | From: livermore,ca | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
youl luz
¯
Member # 53

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for youl luz  Ford pictures for youl luz  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sic91sleeper:
Fuck all you haters

We really dont need that stuff over here.. People are just stating their opinion's.. If you cant handle it W/O cussing someone out, SRO is a better board for you .. Thanks..
Posts: 1663 | From: bay area/SAC cali. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  :
98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OKAY OKAY OKAY.... hey never once did i hear jimmy say he didn't like you're car buddy. I mean ur car was clean and yes very rare..... he was just saying

1~ HOw many vortec superchargers there were and how he was the only one with a kenne bell.....

and

2 ~ that he thought that not just a "stock" car would be winning the show.

so just chill out everyone..... he wasn't trying to start shit....
So stop whining. and next year we will all be there......
and hey he only posted twice so obviously hes over it.... you guys should be too !

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~
http://community.webshots.com/album/68102500CVFrNy

Posts: 596 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its just a damn CAR SHOW!!!!!!!
holy crap! why doesnt everyone meet up and slap eachother like the bitches you all are acting like. [Mad]
jesus, if you lost, stop talking shit, go work more hours, and buy more shit for your car.
alright, im going to bed [Mad]

[ July 01, 2002, 12:28 AM: Message edited by: cobraman_1994 ]

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
QWKBTCH
¯
Member # 782

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for QWKBTCH  Ford pictures for QWKBTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my god!!!
Youre all a bunch of babies. It's a peice of plastic. I came there to have fun with my friends, to support my favorite website, to show off the fact that I'm a 19 year old girl with a sic ass car. If your all trying to say that the sic crew all walked away with a trophy thats bull, You don't see me with anything. I stayed up till 4 am just like all of you washing and waxing my car cause I wanted it to look good not cause I wanted to win. I knew I had no chance. Even with my 11 sic crew members. Your all just hating and it's not even cool. Did we start anything about you cars? NO! You f*&#^$% started it. And we just gotta stick up for our members. No one sayed anything about your car untill you started talking about ours.
quote:
First of all, your car is stock, dont try and get around it. Your "Energy Strut Bushings" and "Krypton 130w Headlight Bulbs" dont make your car faster, maybe it does in your mind?
Jons car is far from stock smartass. It's lowered it has 18 inch cobra's it has hella suspension work done to it, it's ready to have it's 8pt roll cage installed it was clean as F*#K I love his car.
So QUIT HATEING!!!!!!!! [Mad]

--------------------
Autumn (a.k.a. QWKBTCH)
I might be a chick but I don't drive like one!

Posts: 487 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
IrocSpeed89
¯
Member # 1226

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IrocSpeed89  Ford pictures for IrocSpeed89  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LMFAO....hahahahahaha.... wow.... ok im not gunna take sides... personally i think sic crew had a huge influence... personally i think the 1st place stang was clean... and u guys werent the only ones cleaning ur cars all night... sac. pple had a 2 hours drive... (maybe next show be between bay and sac?)and theres alotta bugs on the way, and blown tires [Big Grin] jimmies car was off the hook, and to say his car wasnt clean or done up is total bullshit... it was clean as hell and the engine bay did look nice.... as for the dugan.. im sure ill see more autmn orange stangs then dugans... and its not about the trophy, its about the feeling to win... the pride...

on a + note, even though it was just a bunch of stang [Embarrassed] i enjoyed it, and am lookin forward to the next cruise [patriot] well thats my post ... peace

--------------------
89 camaro iroc. 5.7 auto

R.I.P. Miles 12-8-02
cam
edelbrock headers
high flow cat
Holley Stealth Ram
flowmaster cat back
free mods
Fourth Gen Antenna =)
panasonic deck, custom dash, 2 image dynamics 10's, fosgate 200 amp, custom chevy bowtie box.
soon to come: 3.42 gears, dart heads,

You've Always Got Time For Puttytang.

Posts: 506 | From: citrus heights | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
8 Point roll cage? Hes gonna hella need that in that 14.9 sec car. John's 8 sec car runs 8's and has a 6pt.

[ July 01, 2002, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: stanger91 ]

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
QWKBTCH
¯
Member # 782

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWKBTCH  Ford pictures for QWKBTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE8 Point roll cage? Hes gonna hella need that in that 14.9 sec car. John's 8 sec car runs 8's and has a 6pt.] [/QUOTE]
Not everyone sets their car up for drag racing [Roll Eyes]
Jon's car is getting set up for rally racing which is funner then going in a straight line to see who's car is faster. You gotta have skills to road race. And he's run faster than 14.9 he and I
both cant run for shit at sears and everone knows why, the cement launch pad is shitty on street tires not to mention the fact he had 18's on while he was running. My car did a 14.4 consitantly their when it did a 14.1 at sac with tires spinning. I think your just a bunch of B.S. and someone needs to shuv a bottle in your mouth. [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Autumn (a.k.a. QWKBTCH)

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, guys and gals,
Relax,
if this continues I will lock this post.

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TRY2PAZ:
Ok, guys and gals,
Relax,
if this continues I will lock this post.

Just lock it.

Its getting outta hand.!

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
1sicgt - I never said anything negative about your car or jarads, and I never mentioned names in my post either. Thanks for the Walmart wheels comment. That was big of you. Also, did my engine look dirty? Thats amazing you saw it because I never opened my hood the whole show you. I didnt see anyone else there with a stormin normin hood so I left it down because thats part of what makes my car unique. I think my car is pretty damn unique, you dont see many people with the same amount of body work and CUSTOM metallic blue paint. Please send me pictures when you find one like it. I guess maybe next year i should buy a bunch of cute little blue plastic wire covers and use an excessive amount of them all over my nearly bone stock engine. That would look really cute. Then if I get really motivated i'll create the most ghetto rear seat delete kit ever and that should launch me into a trophy place. Maybe some tailight covers that don't match the rest of paint!!!
I think everyone knows that the engine is a big part of the judging. Why do you think Harold and Dean keep winning awards? Their cars look sick, but their engines are sweet. Same thing with John. I'm sure he got first because he has a 9 second motor, not because he has a stock looking car. I dont understand why you talk about your suspension and the roll bar you dont even have yet. I thought it was looks only? At least be consistent in your arguements people.
I'm done posting on this thread. Email me if you want to talk about this more. madicello@astragate.net

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said 88gt. I think he was refering to my 18 inch roush rims as the K-mart special too. Anyways, we all know in our minds who should have won 1st 2nd and 3rd. And that is all that matters. See you all at the next car show. [Wink]

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
QWKBTCH
¯
Member # 782

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QWKBTCH  Ford pictures for QWKBTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your the reason people shoot themselves!
Your all jelous over a walmart trophy! It wasn't about winning and when are you all gunna get that through you head! It was about being there with friends and family and your beautiful cars! I loved all of your cars! Not just the ones in the sic crew. I only voted for Jons cause you see a supercharger on everything and I know how hard he worked all night to make his car look beautiful! And for your information the rear seat delete kit is't installed yet! And I voted for Jarods Cause he just spent hella money to get his car intirely re painted! John (9 sec one) wasn't even there yet when I put my votes in. If he was I didn't see him and I would have voted for him cause his car is tight. He won first place anyway. So no one can say Jarod won cause of the sic crew cause he got third. Anyway all I'm trying to say is stop talking so much shit. Todd won Second cause there was only 3 or 4 cars in his division. And his car looks good with the rims and painted break calipers and all the wireing and hose covers. And noone in our crew has taillights that don't match the color of their car. Everyone has stock tail lights. Except Jarod who has LX tail lights but they don't have any color on them. So I don't know who your talking about there. Any way QUIT being babies you lost go home try agin next year and stop wining about all this. Can't we all just get along????

--------------------
Autumn (a.k.a. QWKBTCH)

blackcobra98
¯
Member # 1078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackcobra98  Ford pictures for blackcobra98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by stanger91:
8 Point roll cage? Hes gonna hella need that in that 14.9 sec car. John's 8 sec car runs 8's and has a 6pt.

bwaahahaha...this is better than Jerry Springer used to be...sooooo much drama in the LBC, its kinda hard havin a F-O-RRRRRRR-D....

--------------------
1998 Cobra #2892/3480-**SOLD 7/2/03**
2004 Lightning #1632/3781-**SOLD 8/06**

Javier
¯
Member # 547

Some one lock this...

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com