Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Vortecs and stock mustangs??? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Vortecs and stock mustangs???
JimmysblownFiveO
¯
Member # 1265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimmysblownFiveO  Ford pictures for JimmysblownFiveO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey the show was cool and all but.... hey what was up with the all the vortec superchargers??? AND didn't know that stock GTs in the B class would win...guess its who ya know !!!!! So maybe ill get rid of all my mods and next year i might get a chance at winning. [Wink]

--------------------
Kenne Bell Supercharger
GT-40 motor

98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey jimmy .... for sure i think ur kenne bell supercharger shoulda won it for ya.... too many vortecs for me [Wink] Ur car was awesome.... almost as nice as mine !!!

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~
http://community.webshots.com/album/68102500CVFrNy

Posts: 596 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
99convcobra
¯
Member # 1339

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99convcobra  Ford pictures for 99convcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey my car is stock and i won a short throw shifter, oh wait i had to spend 20 bucks on raffle tickets, J/K
Jimmy your car was on of the baddest superchargered cars, and it is very original, but when large car groups show up they are going to vote for there friends, thats just how it works, when Sac mustang have there car shows, nobody from out of town wins there eather, we just went to represent, support the site, and have a good time, mission accomplished, so quit BITCHIN,
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
99 convertable cobra #867
SOLD 09/01/02
13.702 1/4 mile time
33.010 Autocross time
1 Tranny Smoked
3 tickets
And Counting

NEW COLLEGE CAR
98 V6,
First word "Dam this thing is slow"
11lbs Procharger in October

Posts: 475 | From: Redding at college | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea seriously. Maybe i should just throw this Dugan racing book away that my car was in. Strip the car of all its parts and put it back to stock. We will both do it Jimmy. And next year we will place 1st and 2nd. But not 98ponygal cause she will have a Cobra R hood, not stock enough.

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Posts: 778 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, what because I am not supercharged I don't desrve the win??? Is that what you are trying to say? My car is being built up all n/a. I will never strap a s/c on it. So what a built n/a won't deserve a win??? I didn't think I had a chance personally, comparing since the entire b class, besides me was s/c. And it's not really who you know, I was going for who had what, rearity, what made it stand out from the rest. Too me, you can see any s/c stang on the road. What makes it stand aside from the rest is what counts.

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but it didn't hurt that you had 11 people from the sic crew that quite possibly voted for your car due to favortism. [Roll Eyes]

I'm not involved in this whole argument, I didn't have a car that I expected people to even look at, let alone get any votes. I'm just agreeing with what some of the other people are complaining about.

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
JimmysblownFiveO
¯
Member # 1265

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JimmysblownFiveO  Ford pictures for JimmysblownFiveO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there was only two cars in the B class with superchargers but that has nothing to do with it.

--------------------
Kenne Bell Supercharger
GT-40 motor

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, first of all, you claiming that all of my crew voting for me could possibly win it for me, doesn't add up. Ok, if all 11 did vote for me, then there were 50+ entries to the show. Thats means there were still 40+ other votes to be givin out. SO you had 40 chances to out vote me right??? So your math saying that we could force a win, is BS. [BS flag] Second, on the S/C thing. Ok I saw for sure 3 black stang, a red one, and a purple stang in the B class that were charged, so saying that there were only 2, that again is [BS flag] . So that leaves me now with a thought. So if you think first my car is stock, you are wrong. Also like I said, just becuase you s/c, it doesn't make it special. Its another bolt-on. Not trying to be a hater, but you guys sound like kids crying over a toy. Boo-who! If it's that big of a deal you can have the award! I didn't expect to win at all, you can ask all the people that know me. I just go to every show for the fun of it. And if this is how is ends, I don't want to go to another one of these. In my opinion this topic is BS. [BS flag]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Javier
¯
Member # 547

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Javier  Ford pictures for Javier    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with 1sicstang.

Just because others have s/c. doesnt mean that you have top honers to win..

people were not just voting on who had the best looking engine bay....

rims, paint, interior and other things make a winner, not just cause one car has a s/c mean there going to win.

98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98ponygal  Ford pictures for 98ponygal  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey im thinkin that this post wasn't a post to diss on u man..... the guys were just jokin around...... no need to get all mad and what not. u had a nice ride, but whatever.

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~

Greenandsilver
¯
Member # 1371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greenandsilver  Ford pictures for Greenandsilver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jimmy where are you from? I would like to check out your Kenne Bell some time (I've never seen one and haven't really heard of anyone in our area with one)

<---- San Jose

--------------------
1995 GT 5.0

Posts: 91 | From: San Jose CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 1sicgt:
Dude, what because I am not supercharged I don't desrve the win??? Is that what you are trying to say? My car is being built up all n/a. I will never strap a s/c on it. So what a built n/a won't deserve a win??? I didn't think I had a chance personally, comparing since the entire b class, besides me was s/c. And it's not really who you know, I was going for who had what, rearity, what made it stand out from the rest. Too me, you can see any s/c stang on the road. What makes it stand aside from the rest is what counts.

There's a few things here that need to metioned. First of all, superchargers DO make your car stand out from the rest. Not everyone spends 3k+ on a "bolt on" for their car. Even though i prefer vortech, a ken belle supercharger is even more unique because they are so rare. I think thats all Jimmy was trying to say.
As far as the voting goes, it is extremely possible for the sic crew to have a huge influence in the voting decision. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but there were two cars that were much more deserving of a second or third place finish in the A class, and should have placed if the voting didn't turn into a popularity contest determinded by how many friends of yours entered the show. Of course it's possible that other cars not in the sic crew could have won, but they were at a distinct disadvantage right away. Your really not thinking logically about this. You said "Ok, if all 11 did vote for me, then there were 50+ entries to the show. Thats means there were still 40+ other votes to be givin out. SO you had 40 chances to out vote me right??? So your math saying that we could force a win,is BS." Nobody said you forced a win, they were saying you or any other sic crew member was at a huge advantage. Just think about it. If you dont understand the logic then email me and i'll explain.
I had a good time at the show, but I dont think all the best cars were represented fairly. I won't be entering next year.

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger91  Ford pictures for stanger91  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, your car is stock, dont try and get around it. Your "Energy Strut Bushings" and "Krypton 130w Headlight Bulbs" dont make your car faster, maybe it does in your mind? People had some REALLY nice rides in our class. Yours is a unique color, with some rims. There were Saleen clones that just completley out did you. COMPLETLEY. They did not win 1st place. There were Cobra clones that you could not even tell was a GT with heads intake etc etc. Cobra clones with HISTORY, built by DUGAN RACING and featured in multiple magazines. Well, your car has some "Krypton 130w Headlight Bulbs". You won because of the sic crew, not because of poeple liked your car. GET OVER IT. Your car is nice, but not 1st place material. You wont win this argument. Dont try.

[ June 30, 2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: stanger91 ]

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

quote:
My car is being built up all n/a. I will never strap a s/c on it.
But you will strap a turbo on it, that makes it all better. You just made yourself look stupid. Oh...wait a second.

Far Future Mods:
TDC Stage 2 Turbo
Built billet block
Forged Crank
Forged Rods
Forged pistons
Custom Ground Cams

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Mopar
¯
Member # 780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mopar  Ford pictures for Mopar  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just my .02...... well ok first i thought this was a Car Show, therefore, has to do with looks and rarity of a car... not ho wmuch Hp it uts out and whatnot...... i mean yea Sc's are cool, maybe looks cool...... but it does nothing when it sits there, maybe looks cool if its posilehd or somethn......

and as far as the sic crew having a advantage, thats fuckn Bs if i ever heard it... Its not like u didnt have friends there to support your car, and well to be honest, if my friends and i are that much into cars to were we all have stangs or whatever the car maybe..... we take pride in our cars and made them look nice.....

i think jon desvered every bit of recognition for his award....... i didit see any other stangs there his color... maybe cuz its 1 of 1500 made.... and if that isnt rare wtf is it?.....

i just think u all are being big fuckn babies here and need to grow the fuck up, iuts just a fuckn show.. and if ur that upset, why dont u fuckn put some time and money into your car, so that next year u might win. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
1970 RoadRunner...

stanger91
¯
Member # 397

ahh yes. Another fine post by the Sic Crew.

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Mopar
¯
Member # 780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mopar  Ford pictures for Mopar  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well it seemed that everyone else got to share their opinions so i joined the band wangon..... if u got a problem with it........ dont read it, or dont post.......

--------------------
1970 RoadRunner...

98ponygal
Board Blondie
Member # 1393

Boys Boys Boys.... geeze.... getting a lil bent out of shape now aren't we???

--------------------
~* Ashleigh *~

UKCobra
¯
Member # 1240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UKCobra  Ford pictures for UKCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There were 60+ Ballots counted on Saturday afternoon, and whilst there may have been some tactical voting by some people, at the end of the day the results are representative of the people that entered.

Some classes had some clear winners by a mile, other classes it was really very close.

When you have offical judging you have consistancy in comparing all vehicles in a class. When you have Peer voting, you have peoples individual tastes to please.

Well done to everyone that entered and supported 98Cobra.com. A lot of effort went into organising the event for you.

Send your feedback by PM to Brian, Gabe, Matt or Sawson. I am sure they will be interested to hear your constructive comments.

Remember this, for a First Show, I think it was great, its going to be hard to top it !

Mark

--------------------
1994 Mustang Cobra Pace Car #938
1995 Mustang Cobra R #61

Posts: 436 | From: Reading, UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: May 2002  |  :
stanger91
¯
Member # 397

quote:
well it seemed that everyone else got to share their opinions so i joined the band wangon..... if u got a problem with it........ dont read it, or dont post.......

Let me check...Yup, i paid the 30 bucks to support the site, so i will read it and i will post my opinions.

--------------------
E.T 12.314@126.300

Mopar
¯
Member # 780

as am i....... so dont be like , yet another post by the sic crew...... if ur intitled to opinions, then so is anyone else.....

im not tryn to be a dick here bro, but i do know it really pissed my friend jopn off when he saw these posts...... and i think its just lame how some poeple start going off like that

--------------------
1970 RoadRunner...

BlownIroc
¯
Member # 874

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownIroc  Ford pictures for BlownIroc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dude...If you are soooo butt hurt go see a therapist! Damn, I know guys tend to get jealous but you whine like a ten year old girl. The Sic Crew had 11 entries out of 60+ voters. Hmmmm...my math is a little rusty but thats 49+ other votes. If your car was that special it should have won easily. But your rims look like Blue Light specials from KMART! [Eek!] Think about what "show" means, it has nothing to do with how quick it gets down the track. It matters how pretty it is, which helps if you dont see the color everywhere. As I undersdand there were roughly 1500 of that color made. If you had a mistic paint job on your car you would be damn proud of it! If you want a cheesy plastic trophy that bad I'll make you one. I'll even engrave it to say " WHINEY ASS BITCH"! You got the most votes (guess the sic crew stuffed the ballot box again! [Roll Eyes] )

Peace I'm OUT! [dance] [dance] [dance]

Mopar
¯
Member # 780

nick u fuckn kill me lmao....... but lets end this flame war as of now please....... i for one dont want to be hated , nor do i want the whoile crew to be hated

--------------------
1970 RoadRunner...

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

OK, 88GT towards you. Your car is clean, but I can see why people didn't vote for you. The rims look like walmart specials. Sorry, but its true. The car is tight till you look down. Get some rims, detail your motor, then win an award. Ok, Jared took 2nd, becuase he has a brand new paint job, highly detailed his motor and the rest of his car, and even custom fab'd a new intake plaque. He spent lots of money and time making it look good. So don't hate on him. At least he put effort into making his look good.

Next, I don't care what you think of my car. You don't have to like it, thats up to you. But more than 11 must have if I won. Also I don't care if I win, never expected too. I may have spent along time detailing all nooks and crannies of my car, but it means nothing. And my profile on my page isn't current by the way. I am building the car n/a then once thats done, I may do a TDC kit. As far as motor work being done to my car, ask Chuck, he knows whats up. Ok, if you don't think I won fairly. Then fine, I want a re-count! Thats right, lets see just how the votes leaned. Then we will know who won what.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Seriously I don't want my crew to be hated on. There is no reason for that. So lets get a offical recount and then lets end this.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com