Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Events/Shows/Cruises   » Hats off to Brian (Try2paz) and Gabe (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hats off to Brian (Try2paz) and Gabe
rnowacki
¯
Member # 686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rnowacki  Ford pictures for rnowacki    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We had a great time. Wasn't sure how the wife would like it but she was fired up. Hey any time she can take photos she's happy.
Thought the drive up 680 was very respectful. Like that grey Jag that rev'd past us. Great turnout. Count us in for next time!

Posts: 52 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
White02GT
¯
Member # 611

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for White02GT  Ford pictures for White02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can see how some people have a gripe about the cruise, if there was either a stop sign or merging, and you got stuck behind a slow car, it was easy to get left behind. I found myself doing 110+ on the freeway to try to keep up with the first group of people that left. Granted I"m not the one complaining, because I had a blast.

For those who didn't have directions or didn't know where to go, maybe you should have followed somebody else that did. Just a suggestion of course.

Thanks Brian and Gabe, and anybody else that helped out. It was a lot of fun, and I"m already trying to figure out how to get the 30th of March off from work. Then again, I was 'sick' today. *cough cough*

--------------------
2002 Mustang GT 13.54 @ 102

"You can't out smart a smartass" Eminem

Posts: 1984 | From: Mountain View, Ca | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
v6mustanglover
¯
Member # 545

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v6mustanglover  Ford pictures for v6mustanglover  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I left before the cruise. So how many cars stuck around for it?

--------------------
Adam
2004 F150 Crew Cab
6" and 35's

SPDSTR512
¯
Member # 759

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPDSTR512  Ford pictures for SPDSTR512  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Brian, and Gabe, it was cool for all of us to get together meet some people, and see some great cars, see you guys next cruise

--------------------
2001 S281 SALEEN SPDSTR #512
2000 WHITE LIGHTNING
YOU'LL HEAR ME AND FEEL ME
BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME

*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Sorry if it did not meet your expectations.

Brian, you did a good job..All the time you put in it was worth it. like Dean said people were just playing catch up. I was hella lost following Nate so I had to drive kinda fast. I would have never made it home If I didn't keep up. I was totaly lost. didn't know what area I was in didn't want stop and ask for directions and some redneck have me in there barn telling me I have a perty mouth or somthing. I enjoyed being irresponsable for once. (for those who know me they know I don't do a whole lot of speeding) But it was fun..Good work Brian.....

Posts: 1817 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *SlipNslide281*  Ford pictures for *SlipNslide281*  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stanger91,,,Thats hella funny I know somthing like that would happe to someone...hehehehe
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlipNslide281:

didn't know what area I was in didn't want stop and ask for directions and some redneck have me in there barn telling me I have a perty mouth or somthing.

dood you are on a roll this mornin LMFAO. but i feel ya you see the lady wit no teeth LOL. it was sweeet though thanks brian and gabe and everyone that was the shit yo!!

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: TORQUEPIMP ]

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
PoisonIV
¯
Member # 924

Ford Icon 12 posted      Profile for PoisonIV  Ford pictures for PoisonIV  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The cruise route sounds like it was great. Too bad no one would give us directions or drive in a way that we could keep up. We just got told "follow the pack" but the pack split about 20 times. We followed who we could but the person in front of us had no map either. Wish I could have been there for the tunnel.
Posts: 146 | From: Walnut Creek, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
*SlipNslide281*
¯
Member # 622

quote:
dood you are on a roll this mornin LMFAO. but i feel ya you see the lady wit no teeth LOL. it was sweeet though thanks brian and gabe and everyone that was the shit yo!!

No grill,,,haahaa no I didn't see her. I aint trippin on people checking out my lady but these guys were right behind me and I turned around and they had the cameras on her ass...WTF...I didn't say anything. I just gave a dirty look and they walked away.. I didn't want to be the dick that got into a fight at Gabes meet because I was insecure... I kept my cool.

PoisonIV
¯
Member # 924

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoisonIV  Ford pictures for PoisonIV  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If that was me I would have wanted my man to get pissed. I like to feel like he's protective. Not controlling, just protective. Its not insecurity, its chivalry (spelling)

--------------------
I'm here for the love of the car

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/11731607

Sassy
¯
Member # 932

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sassy  Ford pictures for Sassy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey I'm new to this board but I had to register to tell you guy what a fabulous job you did with the location of the show and the turn out. It really was a perfect day weather wise.

I don't have a Mustang (my brother has taught me to love them through his) but I was happy to park in the "non ford parking." It was a added bonus to see those four '69 Camaro's show up, not to mention the other 1st gens.
And who saw the '66 Supercharged Mustang...drool.

-Michelle

2000BlackGT
Loyalty
Member # 283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2000BlackGT  Ford pictures for 2000BlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LaserRedV600:
I think the cruise needed work. It could have been better. We all got split up and no one knew where they were going. Next year: More flyers and make sure they have maps. Other than that the meet was great. Nice to see so many great stangs all together.

I am very sorry that you felt this way. I feel the meet was very well planned out. We had directions, and drove the course a few times as well. About the flyers, it was only expected that 75, count em, 75 cars would show up and maybe half would go on the cruise. We never ever expected having 200 Cars show up. There was a lot of work behind the scenes that no one else saw and how hard some of the guys worked to make sure everyone had a fun time. About the cruise getting broken up: We cannot control traffic. Inevitably there will be other cars on the road that will be driving normally that we cannot control. Sorry that people got split up, but we sure did our best to keep everyone together. I pulled off the side of the road numerous times to wait for people to try and get everyone in a group.

Posts: 2833 | From: Chico, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
BLUE98SVT
Mike
Member # 148

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for BLUE98SVT  Ford pictures for BLUE98SVT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by STOKED:
BLUE98SVT "slicky" LOL nice meeting you bro... You better have something else besides that truck at the next meet.... j/king

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: STOKED ]

OH yes!!! I have the money but can't find the car yet. Soon Soon. Cool meeting you bro, nice car.

Posts: 170 | From: San Jose Ca. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
Bullitt208
¯
Member # 441

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt208  Ford pictures for Bullitt208    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLUE98SVT:

OH yes!!! I have the money but can't find the car yet. Soon Soon. Cool meeting you bro, nice car.

What happened to your Cobra? You are the guy who made the custome power pipe for your car right?

Did I miss something?

Eric

Posts: 297 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
PoisonIV
¯
Member # 924

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoisonIV  Ford pictures for PoisonIV  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2000BlackGT:

I am very sorry that you felt this way. I feel the meet was very well planned out. We had directions, and drove the course a few times as well. About the flyers, it was only expected that 75, count em, 75 cars would show up and maybe half would go on the cruise. We never ever expected having 200 Cars show up. There was a lot of work behind the scenes that no one else saw and how hard some of the guys worked to make sure everyone had a fun time. About the cruise getting broken up: We cannot control traffic. Inevitably there will be other cars on the road that will be driving normally that we cannot control. Sorry that people got split up, but we sure did our best to keep everyone together. I pulled off the side of the road numerous times to wait for people to try and get everyone in a group.

I understand the behind the scenes stuff is hard I don't mean to critisize. I only mean to add a suggestion. I was told last year's cruise was the same way. I'm sorry if i came off wrong but like you said YOU had a map. I understand about the overwhelming turn out it's just when asked "where are we headed" i was told just keep up. Hard to do when you CAN'T. Thanks for all the hard work guys. I know it takes a LOT to get one of these meets planed. C you guys next year!

--------------------
I'm here for the love of the car

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/11731607

Robert
¯
Member # 250

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert  Ford pictures for Robert  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I’m one of those “old farts” that showed up. I loved seeing all the great looking cars. I couldn’t believe how many cars were there when I showed up at 11:55. Great job everyone who put this together; and don’t take the criticism too personal, it goes with the territory. You can’t please everyone all the time. Now if you want my ideas on how to make it better next time……… LOL

Robert

Posts: 54 | From: One gallon East of San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2001  |  :
Stan
¯
Member # 890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stan  Ford pictures for Stan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not much more to say, but thanks for a well planned and run show.

Stan

97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought that the cruise was very well put together. It's hard to keep up when your in the back, you hit every light or sign and you have to punch it to catch up. I was in the first 5 or so cars for most of the cruise and we didn't brake the speed limit, I even believe ( probley the only one ) that it could have been a little faster and more aggressive. My 2 cents
James

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
97cobra
¯
Member # 150

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 97cobra  Ford pictures for 97cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought that the cruise was very well put together. It's hard to keep up when your in the back, you hit every light or sign and you have to punch it to catch up. I was in the first 5 or so cars for most of the cruise and we didn't brake the speed limit, I even believe ( probley the only one ) that it could have been a little faster and more aggressive. My 2 cents
James

--------------------
"Some people dream with success... while others wake up early and work hard to have it." Man do I ever want to go back to dreaming of it !!!

Posts: 116 | From: Fremont, ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
WhiteGT
¯
Member # 791

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WhiteGT  Ford pictures for WhiteGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a great time! I have to give props to whoever was making the burgers, they were tasty.

I hope I'll make it to the March 30th meet.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com