Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Ford vs. Chevy July 30, 2011 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ford vs. Chevy July 30, 2011
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ernie the attorney:
You got 2 guys coming up from so cal. me from pasadena (single carb sbf) and todd hoffman from san diego (427 FE with Hilborns)to come run against the bowtie crowd. we got old school a/fx cars that are both on the motor and both run mid 9's with 10.5" tires, leaf springs, etc

We're gonna meet up with a couple other nostalgia ford guys from Dixon and look forward to putting on a show.

YEAH! thats what u call a racer bro!!comin in from socal to whoop on some bowties!! ROCK ON BRO!! [patriot]

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:
I'll be there [Big Grin]

[dance]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like a fun night of racing

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TTT [patriot]
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wont be in my car bcuz of insurance issues but will b there!!

--------------------

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

Letsrunem
¯
Member # 6305

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Letsrunem  Ford pictures for Letsrunem    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
See you all there. I will with two 07 Z06's LeMans Blue.

I would love to pair up with some Shelby's. Come say whats up.

88coupe
¯
Member # 7719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88coupe  Ford pictures for 88coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were you the guys in the burnout contest ?
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88coupe:
Were you the guys in the burnout contest ?

I was there.. left right after tho...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I Was There! Lots of cars. Lots of imports! Fun Out There

[ July 31, 2011, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: ItzStock ]

Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was just sad to see that the imports were the fastest cars there, a bunch of 8 and 9 second imports doing 160mph and very few quick V8s there.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was a pretty cool night.. It was nice to finally meet 1raw93svt.. Cool dude.. Alot of cool cars, just wish more mustangs and camaros were there.. But man, them guys brought the heat tonite, i was embaressed to take mine down the strip.. My goal for next year is to be running low 12s, high 11s.. [patriot]

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Letsrunem:

Was that you in the Z06 that i raced?

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

i didnt like the event!! thought it would be more actual ford vs chevy racin!! the imports were movin down that track tho!! who won the event anyway?? i wanted to see the elco run against that cream 67 stang!! an u guys kno the driver of that elco has no legs(NOT A JOKE,and NOT MEANT IN FUNNY WAY) DEDICATION,he was drivin down that track with all hands!! clean elco,great driver!!was ratfast out, i didnt see him??

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by clone nprogrss:
i didnt like the event!! thought it would be more actual ford vs chevy racin!! the imports were movin down that track tho!! who won the event anyway?? i wanted to see the elco run against that cream 67 stang!! an u guys kno the driver of that elco has no legs(NOT A JOKE,and NOT MEANT IN FUNNY WAY) DEDICATION,he was drivin down that track with all hands!! clean elco,great driver!!was ratfast out, i didnt see him??

Seen that elco there before that shit moves

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by Letsrunem:

Ur the one that did the brake stand halfway down track? [burnout]

--------------------

Thugnificent

ItzStock
¯
Member # 9665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ItzStock  Ford pictures for ItzStock    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
It was just sad to see that the imports were the fastest cars there, a bunch of 8 and 9 second imports doing 160mph and very few quick V8s there.

Well it was a bunch of regular everyday chevys and fords vs the fastest imports in cali. thats not very fair haha. $50,000 completely gutted, fiberglass bodied honda civics against those $3000 5.0's and stock zo6's
Posts: 1394 | From: Vallejo, Ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just a bunch of jap crap!!!

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
BTLD GT
¯
Member # 5229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BTLD GT  Ford pictures for BTLD GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Are you telling me you were at the track all nigh and couldn't say hi

--------------------
2000 Cobra R

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Where was the turbo coupe?

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Sesar5.0
¯
Member # 8553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesar5.0  Ford pictures for Sesar5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by clone nprogrss:

Ford won the event. Man I would of liked to that elco vs the black talon

--------------------
1990 lx 5.0
PS4 ID Sesar5_0

Posts: 864 | From: Cotija Michoacan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
85notch fo-eye
¯
Member # 10637

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85notch fo-eye  Ford pictures for 85notch fo-eye    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea that elco was badd ass too bad it broke down that race would of made the night..
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My turbo Coupe was there, it was parked at the AED trailer, didn't want to run it hard until I get back on the dyno, everybody was too busy for me for a tune. I just couldnt believe there wasn't very many quick V8s for a Ford vs. Chevy meet to show the imports how we do it.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
88coupe
¯
Member # 7719

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88coupe  Ford pictures for 88coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what car won
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

bet the cream 67 stang won!

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

1965FALCOON
¯
Member # 8773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1965FALCOON  Ford pictures for 1965FALCOON    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WELL I GUESS NOBODY NOTICED THE 9.45 I LAID DOWN. STILL LEARNING THE CAR. NO JOKE IT HAS A LOT LEFT IN IT. SEMI LOW BOOST AND A MOTOR THAT IS ABOUT TO COME APART. 14 POUNDS OF BOOST AND A TIRED 326 STROKER. ONLY QUINNS CHEVY WAS FASTER BUT CHEVYS CANT HANG WITH THE FORDS AND IT BROKE. JUST KIDDING QUINN IS AN AWESOME DUDE. SHIT HAPPENS THOUGH. THE IMPORT GUY WANTED THE TRACK TO PUT UP 500 DOLLARS TO RACE ANY OF THE DOMESTICS AND THATS WHY IT DID NOT HAPPEN. NOT ONLY DID THEY WANT TO KNOW THEY WERE GOING TO WIN BUT THEY WANTED TO GET PAID ON TOP OF IT. DO THAT RACE ON A DIFFERENT WEEKEND WHEN MOST OF THE FAST GUYS ARE NOT AT SEARS POINT AND WATCH THEM GET WAXED. I THOUGHT THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE RUN THE VROOOM AND BOOM CARS ON SATURDAY. THEY GOT TO HAVE THE SUPER GOOK NATIONALS ON SUNDAY WHY RAIN ON THE DOMESTIC GUYS DAY. NO MATTER WHAT I HAD A GOOD TIME WITH SOME GOOD FRIENDS AND GOT TO RACE. IT WAS A FUN TIME AND I WILL BE BACK AND GO FASTER NEXT TIME

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com