Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 1st grudge (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 1st grudge
ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Took the day off to play with the car. Worked on the car trying to get it put together to race the first grudge. New electric fan set up kept popping relays,and had to mount a new overflow for the radiator. Due to the fan relays acting up I decided to trailer the car instead of driving it to the track. Then...the car came loose on the trailer at the last light when turning to come to the track. It came forward on the trailer and hit the tailgate on my truck. Scratched the bumper on the mustang, put a dent in my tailgate, and hurt my ego. It was one of those things though that just caps off a crappy day. (Doesn't help when your wife is there laughing and taking pictures.) Couldn't find my air guage, forgot my laptop on the bench in the garage, and left my 1/2 inch ratchet at home. Driving to the track from where it ran into the back of my truck I noticed that the lack of front sway bar caused my car to twist enough to rub the tires on my rear fenders. Ughh. Thanks to the guys at the track that lent me an air guage and a 1/2 inch ratchet to raise the rear of my car. 1st pass was a joke as I spun through 3rd, 2nd pass netted me the 10.84 with lower air pressure and a more conservative launch, and the 3rd pass after the big oil down was a disastrous tire fryer through fourth that resulted in an aborted run. For the first time out with this combination I was happy with the pass but know it should have more in it as the 60 ft was only 1.77. Hopefully next time I will be in a better mood and get to meet some more people.

--------------------
'93 White notch all stock

Posts: 604 | From: roseville, california | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ratfast:
Took the day off to play with the car. Worked on the car trying to get it put together to race the first grudge. New electric fan set up kept popping relays,and had to mount a new overflow for the radiator. Due to the fan relays acting up I decided to trailer the car instead of driving it to the track. Then...the car came loose on the trailer at the last light when turning to come to the track. It came forward on the trailer and hit the tailgate on my truck. Scratched the bumper on the mustang, put a dent in my tailgate, and hurt my ego. It was one of those things though that just caps off a crappy day. (Doesn't help when your wife is there laughing and taking pictures.) Couldn't find my air guage, forgot my laptop on the bench in the garage, and left my 1/2 inch ratchet at home. Driving to the track from where it ran into the back of my truck I noticed that the lack of front sway bar caused my car to twist enough to rub the tires on my rear fenders. Ughh. Thanks to the guys at the track that lent me an air guage and a 1/2 inch ratchet to raise the rear of my car. 1st pass was a joke as I spun through 3rd, 2nd pass netted me the 10.84 with lower air pressure and a more conservative launch, and the 3rd pass after the big oil down was a disastrous tire fryer through fourth that resulted in an aborted run. For the first time out with this combination I was happy with the pass but know it should have more in it as the 60 ft was only 1.77. Hopefully next time I will be in a better mood and get to meet some more people.

when we seen your runs we all said it has a lil more in there!!but we were all impressed bro!!when is the next event in sac??

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GrudgeFest

WhenSaturday, Jun 11, 2011

WhereSacramento Raceway Park (map)

DescriptionGrudgeFest offers "Street Style" Drag Racing. Heads up or Dial In, It's your choice. No eliminations, cash prizes or trophies. Just racing.

Gates Open: 4:00 PM
Grudge Racing: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Pit Admission: $5 per person
Pit Parking: no charge
Race Entry: $35 includes car & driver

Information Phone contact: 916-363-2653 (24hr. Info line)

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by peter:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_LX:
I snapped an axel!!

that was you?! i was in the primer white 94gt..hope you made it home alright
Yep that was me.. man I hope I never hear that sound again haha!

--------------------
Jesus is king!

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by peter:
quote:
I snapped an axel!!

that was you?! i was in the primer white 94gt..hope you made it home alright
Yep that was me.. man I hope I never hear that sound again haha!
What kind of axles were you runnin?
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com