Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » 03/04 Cobra Shootout *CANCELED* (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 03/04 Cobra Shootout *CANCELED*
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who has the fastest 03/04 Cobra???

Let's find out!

I will need a good car count of who would be interested in participating in an 03/04 Cobra Shootout.

Tenative date is the first Grudge Night on May 7th at Sac Raceway.

Since Grudge Nights are quite busy, I am working on getting a staging lane of our own depnding on the car count.

We would be pairing cars in these 3 categories in order to make for some better side by side action.

1.Stock Blower
2.Aftermarket Blower
3.Unlimited

Simple!

The result of this shootout would end with a listing of cars ranked by ET/MPH just like the Fast 50 List is set up. I can break it down into each class as well. With this, the best of 3 passes would be your time used on the listing.

The other option is to have everyone throw a set amount of money in a pot and the winner in each class takes it all? The only issue with doing things this way is the amount of cars and frequency of oil downs. We may not get all the eliminations in.

Any additional money races can be paired up on your own and we can bring them to the starters attention to ensure you get to run who you want. I know there was a $1000 race already being set up in another thread.

I will be seeking assistance in classing cars and gathering everyones info and car numbers at the track.

Anyone interested in participating please post what class you would be running in so I can get a good car count. The more cars we have the better chances we have at getting our own lane.

Please keep this thread on topic and clean.
The only whining we should hear is the whine coming from the superchargers!!!!

In the event of a rain delay we would move this race to the next Grudge Night.

[ April 27, 2011, 12:23 AM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This sounds coo, too badd i dont have an 03/04 lol

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my brother has a nice 03 cobra convertible but it only has pully/cai/intake/cat back, no weight reduction so it doesnt really look like he would be able to compete much since he's still on street tires also so what would be the point of him taking it out there for that?

since theres a stock blower list, does that mean stock weight as well? because i can see the possibility of a huge performance gap even between cars of the same "class" if people are allowed to run amock with it (pertaining to weight reduction mods)

[ March 07, 2011, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: MauriSSio ]

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell yeah I hope this happens [burnout]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Fcknvenom
¯
Member # 9631

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fcknvenom  Ford pictures for Fcknvenom    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me in!!!! Unlimited class.

--------------------
R.I.P WILLIE GUZMAN(5LTRSVT)
04/24/87-11/23/12

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure

50 deep
04cobra408
fox gt
primed351
68gtscode

would be down

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MauriSSio:
my brother has a nice 03 cobra convertible but it only has pully/cai/intake/cat back, no weight reduction so it doesnt really look like he would be able to compete much since he's still on street tires also so what would be the point of him taking it out there for that?

since theres a stock blower list, does that mean stock weight as well? because i can see the possibility of a huge performance gap even between cars of the same "class" if people are allowed to run amock with it (pertaining to weight reduction mods)

The intent of this shootout is to rank the cars, have fun, and get people out to the track.

No rules, just the 3 classes. It is as simple as that.

We can pair the cars as best as we can to make for some good racing though.

For the stock Blower class it doesn't matter if it is posted or pullied...they are all in the same class. Get your brother to come out and enjoy himself.

[ March 07, 2011, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
03 cobra, Aftermarket blower.

Will there be any specifications on the type of tire being used. I will be on a drag radial and not a full slick

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
03 cobra, Aftermarket blower.

Will there be any specifications on the type of tire being used. I will be on a drag radial and not a full slick

Nope!
*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Count me in.. Aftermarket blower

And I think if u have dual power adder u should be in the unlimited.. Like nitrous or compound boost..

And also why not throw all the money in the pot and whoever runs the fastest time of the night gets the cash.. Also there should be a buy in. I say atleast 100 bucks!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if they did that then guys like dude in the stock pullied cobra isnt gonna just give you 100 bucks !
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
if they did that then guys like dude in the stock pullied cobra isnt gonna just give you 100 bucks !

Very true. I can see a possible buy in per class, but still that's going to severely limit the pool of possible racers. Grudge night is already like 40 or 50 bucks right?

Casey you make a good point about those using multiple power adders. Id say those guys should be in the unlimited class.

[ March 08, 2011, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: 50 Deep ]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:

Very true. I can see a possible buy in per class, but still that's going to severely limit the pool of possible racers. ....
not only that, but why would somebody whos pretty much stock with only pully, wanna buy in knowing that people in the same class have ported blower + pulley + headers + weight reduction and methanol or whatever?
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im there!!

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:
Im there!! Unlimited class

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

Snakezilla
¯
Member # 9553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snakezilla  Ford pictures for Snakezilla  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me and my terminator will be there but only to watch...
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Is anyone even running a compound boost or nitrous assisted car???

I see the whining has already begun.

The buy in was just a suggestion, and the main intent was to rank everyone by ET/MPH. No one should be scared to run their car for this event. Even if it is a bone stock 03/04 Cobra, just come out and have fun! If anyone wants to throw up some cash for a money race, then call that person out in this thread and get with me the day of the event to be sure you are paired up in the staging lane.

I would like to see a 3 run average for every car participating. Once those 3 runs are complete, the event will be over. From then on it will just be like any other Grudge night.

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

So far we only have 4 cars:

UNLIMITED:
Fcknvenom
FoxGT

AFTERMARKET:
50Deep
M&M Performance

It will take more than this to get the track to give us a lane or to even be worth the hassle.

[ March 08, 2011, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Notch1320 ]

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If this many guys http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=043980#000023 would show up to line 'em up it would be a good turnout!!!

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Hey you guys can run it however you want it. If it ends up happening it will be a good time regardless [patriot]

Is this going to be a CA Fords only event or do you plan to put this on some of the SVT oriented sites like Nor Cal SVTOA, SVTP, or even CA-Mustangs?

blackfeather
¯
Member # 10109

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackfeather  Ford pictures for blackfeather    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
does mine count..i have a 1999 cobra with an 04 block powered by a t trim
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Come on people lets make this thing happen!

TTT

--------------------
- AED -
2015 Mustang GT

Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Hey you guys can run it however you want it. If it ends up happening it will be a good time regardless [patriot]

Is this going to be a CA Fords only event or do you plan to put this on some of the SVT oriented sites like Nor Cal SVTOA, SVTP, or even CA-Mustangs?

I assumed with the amount of 03/04 Cobras on this site that we would have plenty of people to field a sizable event, but maybe not. I will give it a bit longer and see where we are number wise and go from there.
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

quote:
Originally posted by kru510:
does mine count..i have a 1999 cobra with an 04 block powered by a t trim

Not sure about this one??? You would have to be placed in the Unlimited class.

How do the you guys that are entered feel about this?

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this thing has talon (408thing)name writtin all over it

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com