Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Going PSCA Wild Street racing next year (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Going PSCA Wild Street racing next year
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Turned my long time chevy buddy to the darkside of Fords, He bought a 90 Foxbody GT out of Hayward. Got a good deal on it,the bad it's getting a 415ci Chevy w/alot of bottle looking for high 8 second passes with no bottle with bottle ? Car certed to 8:50s. Should be testing mid December and make the Year drags at Sac.
 -  -
 -

[ October 29, 2009, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------
EA Smog Tech/Smog Lic/ASE Master Tech
93 SSP Coupe 440ci sbf coming soon

Posts: 593 | From: Sacramento Calif | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good Stuff Mark!!! Too bad it has a bowtie...
Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1320MASTER  Ford pictures for 1320MASTER  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I no [Frown] isn't it.

[ October 29, 2009, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kewl Car! Used to have the License Plate Rad90GT

Cars been around. A few freinds of mine owned that car. Woody originally,then JoJohn then Nate, then Sal then the dude you got it from. That car was redone by Sal and ran PSCA True Steet back in Early 00's.

Funny I tried to buy that car back in 05(LONG STORY)ended up with my Nova instead. Weird he just NOW sold it 4 years later actually suprised to see he actually parted with it.

Anyhow good luck with the project, tell him to step it up a bit if he plans on Wild Street [Eek!]

Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wild street is like a mid to high seven class now

[ October 29, 2009, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: fasthatch ]

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep Wild Street is in the 7's now! I like the car but dump the Chevy I hate that crap! Why do so many people up here put a Chevy motor in a Ford? Did you know a there is a Mustang in Hot Street with a 439 running 8.30's and a Probe with a true 8.2 deck Ford 350 that runs 8.50's and that's a no power adder class. Anyway nice car but it needs to get a lot quicker if you planning on running that class. That is one of the biggest and most competitive classes in the PSCA right now.
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for darkhorse04  Ford pictures for darkhorse04    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know you might want to test the waters in the new WCHRA Outlaw 8.5 class. Looks like a great class and since its making its first appearance on the West coast next year everyone will be on the same playing field. Just a thought cause right now your not even the slightest competitive for Wild Street. I think until everyone can figure out the suspension and how to hook that small tire everyone should be in the mid to high 5.0 range in Outlaw 8.5 class.
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

You know you might want to test the waters in the new WCHRA Outlaw 8.5 class. Looks like a great class and since its making its first appearance on the West coast next year everyone will be on the same playing field. Just a thought cause right now your not even the slightest competitive for Wild Street. I think until everyone can figure out the suspension and how to hook that small tire everyone should be in the mid to high 5.0 range in Outlaw 8.5 class.
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by darkhorse04:
Yep Wild Street is in the 7's now! I like the car but dump the Chevy I hate that crap! Why do so many people up here put a Chevy motor in a Ford? Did you know a there is a Mustang in Hot Street with a 439 running 8.30's and a Probe with a true 8.2 deck Ford 350 that runs 8.50's and that's a no power adder class. Anyway nice car but it needs to get a lot quicker if you planning on running that class. That is one of the biggest and most competitive classes in the PSCA right now.

who mustang is running 8.30in hot street
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

1) Anthony Valentino '90 Mustang
Lakewood, CA. ~ 439ci SB/Ford Sponsors: 8.392 @ 161.36
(With a Cast Aluminum Intake and Air Filter)
This car was built for Doug Sikora then Jon Bundrant bought it now it belongs to Anthony who wrecked it last year. After that the motor went into the 68 Camaro.

There you go!

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Here is the same motor in the Camaro:

4) Anthony Valentio '68 Camaro
Lakewood, CA. ~ 439ci SB/Ford
Sponsors: 8.377 @ 160.50

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Here is the last qualifying times for Wild Street just so you can see what your up against!

1) Dee Pfnister '69 Camaro
Peoria, AZ. ~ BBC / Nitrous
Sponsors: Competition Nitrous, Arizona Kustom Concepts, Apollo Plumbing and Performance Automotive 7.833 @ 180.81

2) David Schwarz '88 Mustang
San Diego, CA . ~ SBF / Turbo
Sponsors: San Diego Gear & Axle, Deeds Performance and JBA Performance 7.930 @ 178.26

3) Jeff Young '85 Camaro
Idaho Falls, ID . ~ SBC / Supercharged
Sponsors: Young Auto Body and Performance, Buzz Neilson Racing Engines, Carb Shop and ProCharger 7.950@ 179.64

4) Kevin Young '86 Camaro
Idaho Falls, ID. ~ SBC / Supercharged
Sponsors: Young Auto Body & Performance, Buzz Nelson Racing Engines, Carb Shop, ProCharger Powerlabs and Gray-Bitch Racing 7.972 @ 179.64

5) Armen Maghdessian '57 Chevy
Westminster, CA. ~ BBC / Nitrous
Sponsors: 8.027 @ 175.11

6) Chico Coleman '81 Cutlass
Corona, CA. ~ BBC / Nitrous
Sponsors: 8.332 @ 165.17

7) Derrol Hubbard '72 Nova
Palm Desert, CA. ~ BBC / Nitrous
Sponsors: BEP, Mike's Transmissions, Speed Tech, ROC's Firehouse and Murphs Gaslight 8.838 @ 151.26

1320MASTER
¯
Member # 773

Holy crap [Eek!] I guess I wasn't paying atention to the ET'S lately. We are looking for high 8s with no bottle with bottle ?, May be changing classes then ? He bought the car from Feroz Ali which he got it from Sal.

[ October 29, 2009, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: 1320MASTER ]

--------------------

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Here is the same motor in the Camaro:

4) Anthony Valentio '68 Camaro
Lakewood, CA. ~ 439ci SB/Ford
Sponsors: 8.377 @ 160.50

gypsy mike
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p2IynAspp4
an dont forget about bowman

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Yep gypsy "I bought the car this way and brag how I can beat everyone" Mike. And now that that motor is blown and the car is wrecked he can't get any car to run that fast again. Btw he paid over 100,000 grand for that car. And the Camaro was originally Tim Rigby's before it turned hands to Jon and again to Anthony.

And yes Bowman is a threat but hasn't been running much in the PSCA just more in the WCHRA.

darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

Here you go! This is Scott O's car that he is trying to sell. He is asking $30,000. Let me tell you I have seen this car and watched it being built there are no short cuts or cheap parts on this car. Its best was 8.303 @ 166.11 in Wild Street. I think it is still for sell but I haven't seen it lately. He is trying to offset the cost for his pro street build. It will be a tube chassis 07 Mustang with twin hair driers!!!

-

-

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1320MASTER:
Turned my long time chevy buddy to the darkside of Fords, He bought a 90 Foxbody GT out of Hayward. Got a good deal on it,the bad it's getting a 415ci Chevy w/alot of bottle looking for high 8 second passes with no bottle with bottle ? Car certed to 8:50s. Should be testing mid December and make the Year drags at Sac.
 -  -
 -

i seen this car getting trailerd couple days ago. sweet car
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the chevy motor combo?stroked 400 or what?
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yep gypsy "I bought the car this way and brag how I can beat everyone" Mike. And now that that motor is blown and the car is wrecked he can't get any car to run that fast again. Btw he paid over 100,000 grand for that car. And the Camaro was originally Tim Rigby's before it turned hands to Jon and again to Anthony.

Damn people always gotta be talking shit, why not post this on a board he goes on [Wink] . Who cares if he bought it turn key hes been chopping heads with both those cars.

And BTW Rigy didnt own the car he drove it for Jon Bundrant in Hot Street with the SBC and was killing all the bigblock cars 5 years ago. Still faster et's than most are 5 years later

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:

Damn people always gotta be talking shit, why not post this on a board he goes on [Wink] . Who cares if he bought it turn key hes been chopping heads with both those cars.

And BTW Rigy didnt own the car he drove it for Jon Bundrant in Hot Street with the SBC and was killing all the bigblock cars 5 years ago. Still faster et's than most are 5 years later

it,s still clean though bought or built
darkhorse04
¯
Member # 8780

quote:

I don't talk shit without backing it up! The dad that drives the car is cool and doesn't bother me or anyone else, hell he doesn't even really get on the internet. Its the pain in the ass shit head son that needs to be taught a big lesson in life. And your right almost all horsepower is bought cause no one hardly builds the car from ground up and designs a the motor and builds it. Most race cars from every aspect are "bought" but no one throws it around like that group. I don't like them and the shit they pull around the track. I don't know how many times I almost got hit by that retarded kid in the pits and the hood they bring with them. And not to mention they are the ones that went down the road one night last year and destroyed some of California Speedway's property. That in its self almost got us kicked out of there. BTW I do write on the sites he is one.

Thanks for clearing up the Camaro and Rigby deal. [Wink] I know Rigby drives for a lot of people but Rigby once told me that was his car or someone did. As far as it killing everyone, well Rigby can drive! Just like Bill he can make a car do things that most can't. Hell the Corvette Rigby drives uses borrowed engines. LOL.

Hey are you going to the SCSN?

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
quote:

I don't talk shit without backing it up! The dad that drives the car is cool and doesn't bother me or anyone else, hell he doesn't even really get on the internet. Its the pain in the ass shit head son that needs to be taught a big lesson in life. And your right almost all horsepower is bought cause no one hardly builds the car from ground up and designs a the motor and builds it. Most race cars from every aspect are "bought" but no one throws it around like that group. I don't like them and the shit they pull around the track. I don't know how many times I almost got hit by that retarded kid in the pits and the hood they bring with them. And not to mention they are the ones that went down the road one night last year and destroyed some of California Speedway's property. That in its self almost got us kicked out of there. BTW I do write on the sites he is one.

Thanks for clearing up the Camaro and Rigby deal. [Wink] I know Rigby drives for a lot of people but Rigby once told me that was his car or someone did. As far as it killing everyone, well Rigby can drive! Just like Bill he can make a car do things that most can't. Hell the Corvette Rigby drives uses borrowed engines. LOL.

Hey are you going to the SCSN?

Yes we are going to SCSN was going to run a chevy powered stang in mustang madness but someone complained about the black one from last year so now we are just going to soak up vegas and check out some badass racing [Big Grin]
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

an gerg weck his car i'm sure that doe't help
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
an gerg weck his car i'm sure that doe't help

Different car, one was built and was going to run in that class. Someones puss hurt and complained that Greg ran his stang with a chevy motor. weird as its not a headsup class its a bracket deal, but what do you expect out of a class like that [Wink]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com