Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » would you believe 14.26 out of a 93 cobra (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: would you believe 14.26 out of a 93 cobra
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know, I think 98.33mph out of this car is damn good. I had to do quite a few mods to my LX to get that mph out of it. You can easily scrub 3 tenths off that ET with some practice launching and even more with some decent tires.

First time out in 95 with my LX after owning it for a week I ran 14.51 @ 93.5mph. The next week with underdrives, K&N drop-in, and Flowmaster mufflers it went 97mph. My 60fts got worse though so I only went 14.40. Eventually with 1.7 rockers, crappy Mac unequal shorty headers, offroad H, 3.55's, Cobra MAF, and better tires it went 13.30 @ 102mph. However, its average was a 13.50 right at 100mph. That was still with the stock intake and throttle-body.

It is a little quicker now.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

Posts: 606 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:
I don't know, I think 98.33mph out of this car is damn good. I had to do quite a few mods to my LX to get that mph out of it. You can easily scrub 3 tenths off that ET with some practice launching and even more with some decent tires.

First time out in 95 with my LX after owning it for a week I ran 14.51 @ 93.5mph. The next week with underdrives, K&N drop-in, and Flowmaster mufflers it went 97mph. My 60fts got worse though so I only went 14.40. Eventually with 1.7 rockers, crappy Mac unequal shorty headers, offroad H, 3.55's, Cobra MAF, and better tires it went 13.30 @ 102mph. However, its average was a 13.50 right at 100mph. That was still with the stock intake and throttle-body.

I wonder you say its a little faster an you name is need a cage are you sure just I little faster????
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for need-a-cage  Ford pictures for need-a-cage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look at my sig, it is quite a bit faster now.

I was thinking about my sister's 90GT. It was actually pretty fast stock. With just underdrive pulleys, the Cobra MAF off of my car but using the stock sensor, K&N drop-in, and glasspack mufflers I got 13.97 @ 99mph out of it at Sac during a test and tune. We were hot lapping the car as well. It must have gone down the track 15 times that day. My sister ran it about 8 times before I did. She got a 14.4 out of it around 96 or 97 mph. That car was a pain to launch because it had over 100k on it and the traction-lok was worn out. It liked to 1-leg. It also had the stock 3.08 gears but we had to replace the trans. I put the World class in it which had the 2.95 1st gear. That thing would do 50mph in 1st, 1 legged real easily on its crappy Supershops Defender tires, and I still hit the 13's with it. That car was faster than mine stock and I used to beat all the other's at Infineon with similar mods.

I wish she didn't get rid of it for the Minivan! I wanted my dad to buy it.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch, Dart Big Bore 347, Edelbrock 6037's, Cobra intake, Tremec, S-trim, 60# injectors, Tweecer RT
10.84 @ 128.5mph

BRUCE LEE
¯
Member # 8946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRUCE LEE  Ford pictures for BRUCE LEE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by need-a-cage:

yea its kinda funny a lot of people dont pay attention to the mph, the mph usually tells you what your times should be.

--------------------
**99 Z28 M6 - H/C/MOSER 3.89**
[[ www.NewtechPerformance.com: 426whp/406wtq ]]
>>11.437 @ 121.247 - 1.6 60'<<

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
o.k. i feelin a little more love here and after much thought i think maybe i coulda squeezed a 14.0 out of it but i only got the four runs in but this wednesday i plan on givin her the best squeeze i can and shell have a little tune up wires,qil cap,rotor plugs, fuel filter, ect..... cause the youngster that owned it before me (im pretty sure) wasnt into the car like it was his first born like i am and hopefully i can work out a set of dr's which i have no doubt will let me step over the little 13 sec mark but even if not im gonna be out at a few quiet areas to practice my launches...what 60 foot times should i be lookin for 1.9's 1.8's with dr's and maybe 2.0's on street tires or what ??

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqrBXTDHqfI

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
two-gun bought the car for $500 from a friend who had it sitting in is warehouse for 2-3 years.
previous owner bought it from a junk yard who did the 5.0/5 speed conversion.and he blew the 4 cyl t-5.
we swapped in two-guns spare t-5 and did a oil change.
when we drove it to sac that day it barely made it up there.
it had BALD tires with the wires showing and a stock clutch.
has a full interior and a baby seat in the back on that pass...

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow wires and all showing you know they must have had that blind guy checkin over cars that day cause im pretty sure my buddy has been told he cant race cause of that very same thing but hey maybe they just didnt like him and ill believe that it might have been the first time at the track but you barely made it up there then it performed better (after sitting for how many years )than pro car driver could make it perform for a well known magazine when it was new c'mon the story just aint adding up....or i must be an absolute terrible driver.... in any case keep it commin all those who might as well be sponsored drivers, cause what can i say when i owned a 96 cobra i could only get it to go 13.4's stock first time out ohh well i guess ill just have to be a bad driver in a bad ass 93 cobra hahaha see yall on wednesday

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

what do you mean it dont add up.lol the video is right there.got the time slip to prove it as well. we went with some people that knew the guy that was doing tech. No pro drivers here that was the first time we ever raced at a track. Thats great your driving you BAD ass cobra that runs 14's [Razz] lol

[ March 15, 2009, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i guess ill just have to be a bad driver in a bad ass 93 cobra hahaha see yall on wednesday [/QB][/QUOTE]

Well with your impressive 14.2 run [Roll Eyes] we have a lot of time to admire your "BAD ASS COBRA" go down the track. [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh and i was their the day 2 gun ran that 13 because that was us in the background laughing and making fun of him and who would of guess that bucket would crack a 13.9! haha
DETSOOB
¯
Member # 8845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DETSOOB  Ford pictures for DETSOOB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That LX didnt sound stock at all!!!

--------------------
***2003 mustang gt convertible***
560rwhp/530rwtq
tuned by nick newton
www.newtechperformance.com

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

quote:
Originally posted by DETSOOB:

well sorry to say it is. [patriot]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by scoop331:
Well with your impressive 14.2 run [Roll Eyes] we have a lot of time to admire your "BAD ASS COBRA" go down the track. [Whoo Whooooo!] [/QB]

[worship]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

need-a-cage
¯
Member # 5415

You guys are mean!

Don, what did your 93 run stock? I remember you beat me when I screwed up and shifted too soon to 3rd when I was watching you at my door. I had a quicker ET that day, but I f'd up when we raced eachother. I think that was when I was running high 13's at close to 100mph with the stock gears but with the offroad H-pipe. I think you were close to stock.

--------------------
10.84 @ 128.5mph

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't remember the MPH but I was a low 13 second car and was bone stock, tuned with timing etc properly. Best race ever, I remember flipping you off as I slowly passed you at the end of the track, hahaha!

I was again, bone stock, minus a KN replacement filter, but was on DOT slicks. Cats and all were on the car the entire time I had it. On the 17" street tires it would run a consistent 13.8 (well shifted.)

Craig, you had the gears back then. That's why you jumped the shit out of me from the hole, and I had to wait until the end to inch past you with my MPH. We were both on similar slicks, but you had the gears.

[ March 18, 2009, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

DETSOOB
¯
Member # 8845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DETSOOB  Ford pictures for DETSOOB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

ok mine is stock too then. [BS flag]
94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not talking shit jut letting you know that SOME stock mustangs run 14.50 like my bone stock 93 drop ran 14.60 think about it your car is about 300 pounds less with a better intake rr ecu and some other stuff so your car will hit 13's if you can get that 60 foot down none of these post should burst your bubble were letting you know what your car can do if you were happy about 14.20 think about when you crack that 13.80 or better [Wink] [Wink]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

quote:
quote:
quote:

ok mine is stock too then. [BS flag]
if you say so chief. but hey its koo if you don't want to believe it a lot of people don't. [Whoo Whooooo!]
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry but also dont think its 100% stock.. Is it gutted??? Maybe something done to it you dont know about.
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EXcobra/LS1NOW:
Sorry but also dont think its 100% stock.. Is it gutted??? Maybe something done to it you dont know about.

honestly, it really is i was there and i too was shocked
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my lx's first run was 14.2 I was happy. The second run was 13.9 I was estatic. then I threw a couple thousand at it in bolt ons and couldn't beat 14.2 I couldn't keep the wheels from spinning.

14.2 at 105mph clearly not a good driver. Car had potential but I was the problem.

Good luck man keep working on it! [patriot]

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

hey at least your honest about it!! there SEEMS to be a lot of paid pro drivers out here, with nothing but pure natural talent, or.......

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
quote:

Just kind of defeats the laws of physics there could have very easily have been head work or higher compression that you didn't know about just cause you witness it doesn't mean its stock... Just my .02
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
quote:

Just kind of defeats the laws of physics there could have very easily have been head work or higher compression that you didn't know about just cause you witness it doesn't mean its stock... Just my .02
we'll just leave it here lol since every one is skeptic about it. [patriot]

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com