Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » would you believe 14.26 out of a 93 cobra (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: would you believe 14.26 out of a 93 cobra
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
would you believe 14.26 @98.333 with a 2.288 60ft and .054 light out of a 93 cobra and i got video and a timeslip to prove it well basicly stock got a bbk h with cats 2 chamber flows and cut stock springs i was expecting a 14.5 at the very very best and that was some high hopes i or so i thought its got 130000 miles on it and was on 245/45/17 ecstas that have maybe 4 or 5/32 thats right good old street tires and im sure it could use some oil plugs wires and a filter (i just got the car and havent had the chance to do so) and if you go to the 1993 cobra registry car and driver got a 14.3 best time WHEN IT WAS NEW IN 93 i might be a little over excited and if im floatin my boat a little much please let me know but i think i did a damn good job when anybody i asked said i'd be luck to pull 14.7's at its age well to all those who doubted the shoe polish is on the window and the timeslip is (soon to be) framed damn i fucken love my car....no my cobra

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Errr, really? Are you proud and shocked of that time? If it's your first time, it's understandable but a 93 Cobra correctly driven on street tires will still dip into the 13's. learn the car a bit and you'll be rewarded with better times.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It should be in the 13's lol.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my buddy has gone 13.7 on the 17" street tires his first and only time out in it

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol...why ya'll stealing his thunder.
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot]

[ March 13, 2009, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: JohnCM ]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
BRUCE LEE
¯
Member # 8946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BRUCE LEE  Ford pictures for BRUCE LEE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollin5ive0:
would you believe 14.26 @98.333 with a 2.288 60ft and .054 light out of a 93 cobra and i got video and a timeslip to prove it well basicly stock got a bbk h with cats 2 chamber flows and cut stock springs i was expecting a 14.5 at the very very best and that was some high hopes i or so i thought its got 130000 miles on it and was on 245/45/17 ecstas that have maybe 4 or 5/32 thats right good old street tires and im sure it could use some oil plugs wires and a filter (i just got the car and havent had the chance to do so) and if you go to the 1993 cobra registry car and driver got a 14.3 best time WHEN IT WAS NEW IN 93 i might be a little over excited and if im floatin my boat a little much please let me know but i think i did a damn good job when anybody i asked said i'd be luck to pull 14.7's at its age well to all those who doubted the shoe polish is on the window and the timeslip is (soon to be) framed damn i fucken love my car....no my cobra

on street tires?

good shit, practice your launches, lower the tire pressure and try to get a 2.0 60', that should get you into the 13s. good luck Dan.

--------------------
**99 Z28 M6 - H/C/MOSER 3.89**
[[ www.NewtechPerformance.com: 426whp/406wtq ]]
>>11.437 @ 121.247 - 1.6 60'<<

F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers
¯
Member # 8971

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers  Ford pictures for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ March 12, 2009, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers ]

¯
Member # 8971

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers  Ford pictures for F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah you get that 60 ft down a little and youll be in the 13's for sure,a few more runs down the track and youll be there.When I had my old motor I was runnin 14.10/14.20s,just from practicing and learning the car more I got that down to consistent 13.5's!A couple little tweaks to the motor and got it down to 13.2's!But really the whole point is you had fun,you can always work on that time.But dont forget,no matter how slow or fast you run,somebodys always gonna hate! [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P MATT "4-Speed King"

Posts: 179 | From: RICHMOND,CA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
93HYWAY
¯
Member # 6617

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93HYWAY  Ford pictures for 93HYWAY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I seen your cobra last night , nice car good
Posts: 106 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
DETSOOB
¯
Member # 8845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DETSOOB  Ford pictures for DETSOOB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good shit dan. not bad at all for a stock 235hp car. like everyone said, better 60' equals better times too. and this is ur first time out, u'll get better. for sure!!!

joey

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
kaaaaaboooom that was my bubble bursting but thanks joey at least somoene wasnt doggin me but yea it was my first time with that cobra ohhh well back to the track

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

oh and thanks also to F.O.R.D. and 93 hwy

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

wow johncm whos you sponsor are you a pro driver now you gotta be with times like that when you were 16

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good first outing to the track. Where you the black 93 that was out there? If so, I think I may have seen your car in the staging lanes a few times. I was out running the black F350 Superduty in lane three.

Like everyong else has said, work on getting your 60ft down and you could be in the 13's w/o any extra mods.

Also, these 5.0's actually get faster when they get older for a number of reasons, so it makes senes that Car and Driver didn't ET so well. Plus you do have a few mods. [Wink]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nothing wrong with being a little excited after your first outing at the track. A lot of people get a dose of reality when they finally hit the track but you came away happy as hell..whats wrong with that?
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

oh im definately happy i just am gonna say lol to those who wanna rain on my parade and yeah yellow 94gt that was me in any case weather i ran 18 sec or 10 sec in the quarter i just love to be out there with all the dope ass cars (even if my driving is substandard according to some LOL)hahahaha see yall at the track next time

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

¯
Member # 8971

Hopefully ill get my bucket out of storage and go put these new tires on sometime next month,still need to put on all my rear suspension parts but ill still get out there and have some fun.Just look for that orange Maverick that everybody likes to hate on for some strange reason. [patriot] Hopefully ill still be able to wack a few 12's on the street tires.Thats good enough for me,hopefully ill see you guys out there!

[ March 13, 2009, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: F.or O.nly R.eal D.rivers ]

--------------------
R.I.P MATT "4-Speed King"

Posts: 179 | From: RICHMOND,CA | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good shit dan and for all those who saw the car be was stuntin my old rims, just throwin out there bud. Hopefully I'll get mine back together soon and get back to add then we can go to the track together. Hit me up my lx is legit and on the road again.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:
Nothing wrong with being a little excited after your first outing at the track. A lot of people get a dose of reality when they finally hit the track but you came away happy as hell..whats wrong with that?

Ditto.

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by season'd 88:

Ditto.
same...that's a mid 13 car on some drag radials and a good launch...

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

Sesar5.0
¯
Member # 8553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sesar5.0  Ford pictures for Sesar5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dan ur shit is clean n for a stock car on street tires I think u did prety good. So u can blow ur bubble back up lol next time ill take ma lx out there [burnout]

--------------------
1990 lx 5.0
PS4 ID Sesar5_0

Posts: 864 | From: Cotija Michoacan | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with most the car should run faster than u posted, but theres reasons why it hit what u hit. ur first time out in this car got to get use to it. Just be glad u made it out. theres plenty of us the critic people an dont ever make it out. i havent been down the 1320 in about 6.5yrs sux. so for now i'm with the benchracers lol.. good job on making it out. have fun with keep it to the tracks good luck JOHN

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Haters every time Ive seen 93 cobra at the track there usually going 14.6 or so but I agree with a little better 60 foot 13's baby!!!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
I agree with most the car should run faster than u posted, but theres reasons why it hit what u hit. ur first time out in this car got to get use to it. Just be glad u made it out. theres plenty of us the critic people an dont ever make it out. i havent been down the 1320 in about 6.5yrs sux. so for now i'm with the benchracers lol.. good job on making it out. have fun with keep it to the tracks good luck JOHN

dayum john six years im going to sac on wensday shit ill let u drive my car down the 1320 ur a coo dude

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com